Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

2nd Generation Tacoma 4WD 4" Suspension

Old 03-29-2008, 08:10 PM   #1
avanasch is on a distinguished road
avanasch's Tacoma Gallery
Angry 2nd Generation Tacoma 4WD 4" Suspension

Okay,

Has anyone released a true 4" suspension lift for the 2nd gen. tacoma? I can't find one anywhere. I don't want to do a body lift or a 6" susp. lift. I also don't want spacers that change my CV axle angles. Any help would be much appreciated. Otherwise, it looks like I will have to make my own.

Thanks in advance

Andrew
Old 03-29-2008, 08:57 PM   #2
Sir Anal Loin of Beef
Dcrooks84 has a spectacular aura aboutDcrooks84 has a spectacular aura about

Dcrooks84's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to Dcrooks84
Have not seen any 4". If you are set on a 4 you might have to go with a 3" lift and then a little body.
Old 03-29-2008, 09:01 PM   #3
Kylie's dad
WilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
WilsonTheDog's Tacoma Gallery
Or 3" with a taller top spacer and block in the rear? Something along those lines.
Old 03-30-2008, 06:13 AM   #4
Towing Guru
maverick491 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaverick491 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaverick491 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaverick491 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaverick491 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaverick491 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaverick491 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaverick491 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaverick491 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaverick491 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaverick491 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

maverick491's Tacoma Gallery
Like was said, to get to 4 inches, would require a 3" AAL rear with a 1" block, In the front, maybe billy 5100" set at 2.5" with a toytec leveling spacer which I believe is 1.5" (though I am not really sure if this can be done together)

That said, a diff drop is reccomended by Toyota as well as the lift companies if you lift over 2 inches, so regardless, you are going to need a front diff drop, or to be prepared to be replacing CV joints on a regular basis.

Regards,
Old 03-30-2008, 08:07 AM   #5
`
rick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shed

rick's Tacoma Gallery
you CANNOT use spacers with the 5100's on top notch.
search "allied spindles" for a 4" lift.
Old 03-30-2008, 12:04 PM   #6
CrashTest is on a distinguished road
CrashTest's Tacoma Gallery
The spindles only work for 2WD vehicles.
Old 03-30-2008, 12:25 PM   #7
Big Guns is on a distinguished road
Big Guns's Tacoma Gallery
I think the allied spindles are the only option at getting 4" like rick said. On the 4x4 models wouldn't going above 3" be damaging for the joints and what not. Unless some company is planning on running some 4" drop bracket kit, there prob won't be many options aside from body lift.

This company claims 4" of lift, but they are running fox coilovers and some UCA's. Anad at almost $4000 it seems like a waste of money too. http://pure-performance.biz/
Old 03-30-2008, 01:14 PM   #8
`
rick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shed

rick's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrashTest View Post
The spindles only work for 2WD vehicles.
ty for correcting me. i forgot to add that
Old 04-02-2008, 08:34 PM   #9
smurf83 is on a distinguished road
Army: 1-110 IN, 28ID
smurf83's Tacoma Gallery
I found one from this website. its pretty pricey and you'd be better off getting a 6" fabtech for the dough

www.rockkrawler.com
Old 04-03-2008, 12:49 AM   #10
Custom Tacoma bumpers & more for your offroad toy
RelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

RelentlessTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by smurf83 View Post
I found one from this website. its pretty pricey and you'd be better off getting a 6" fabtech for the dough

www.rockkrawler.com
this is exactly the one i was gonna mention. they even have a link/coilover kit to replace the rear leafs. pretty awesome if you ask me- no more axle wrap and an awesome ride i'd expect. if their kit is run with glassworks fenders, then 35's will even fit!
they actually call their truck line "pure performance" http://www.pure-performance.biz/
Old 04-03-2008, 12:54 PM   #11
I linked that 3 posts ago lol. But yeah, it is on the expensive side, and i don't know if i would trust their four link. Looks iffy. I would rather spend the 5G's on long travel or save money and buy the Fox's and some Deavers seperate. Save quite a few dollars.
Old 04-03-2008, 02:48 PM   #12
smurf83 is on a distinguished road
Army: 1-110 IN, 28ID
smurf83's Tacoma Gallery
my bad big guns. i didnt click on the link until now and it looks like the exact same website just different url's. oops! damn newb's haha
Old 04-03-2008, 02:49 PM   #13
Ah its chill. I skip posts sometimes and repost info. No worries.
Old 04-03-2008, 06:48 PM   #14
Custom Tacoma bumpers & more for your offroad toy
RelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

RelentlessTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by smurf83 View Post
my bad big guns. i didnt click on the link until now and it looks like the exact same website just different url's. oops! damn newb's haha
me too. i didnt see the link down on the bottom.