Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Annoying weather stripping rattling coming from driver door...

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-25-2012, 02:59 PM   #21
650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Police
Name: Mike
650H1's Tacoma Gallery
bump, anyone have a good fix for this other than 303 or armorall?
Old 03-02-2013, 02:14 AM   #22
spunger1 is on a distinguished road
Name: Chris
spunger1's Tacoma Gallery
I am having the same issues with my 2013. I've pinpointed it to the inside window channel strip for about a 4" section. I am going to try and remove and and use weatherstrip goop from 3m and see if that fixes it.

I was reading it is held in with double sided tape and that's the exact sound I get near my left ear. I have 500 miles on the truck and its been like this since day 1. I figuered if my fix doesn't work off it goes to the dealer.
Old 05-31-2013, 06:02 PM   #23
What's it to ya
Sarfai is on a distinguished road
Name: Suzy
Sarfai's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by drsus View Post
Well, I did a search about this because both my driver and passenger doors do this and it just seem like this was probably a known issue...... DRIVES ME CRAZY!! Did anyone figure out a solution? Dealer give a shit?
I have taken my 2013 in for that and the passenger mirror being warped. They said the bought the parts and installed it. Come to find out they claimed they fixed/replaced the wrong thing and was sure they changed out the mirror. I took the car before I complained and called the service rep and told his voice mail off. He called back the next day and said he is gonna order the right parts and install again. I said ok and wanna see the old parts after the job is done. So I'm waiting for another Inconvienent service date to see if they will do it right this time.
Old 06-19-2013, 02:35 PM   #24
SpeedStar is on a distinguished road
SpeedStar's Tacoma Gallery
I have the same annoying issue with mine. I will try the 303. I have some in the garage that I use on a spa cover. Seems like a band-aid fix but hopefully helps.
Old 11-24-2014, 03:46 PM   #26
nd4spdbh is one of the sharper tools in the shednd4spdbh is one of the sharper tools in the shednd4spdbh is one of the sharper tools in the shednd4spdbh is one of the sharper tools in the shednd4spdbh is one of the sharper tools in the shednd4spdbh is one of the sharper tools in the shednd4spdbh is one of the sharper tools in the shednd4spdbh is one of the sharper tools in the shednd4spdbh is one of the sharper tools in the shednd4spdbh is one of the sharper tools in the shednd4spdbh is one of the sharper tools in the shed
nd4spdbh's Tacoma Gallery
Bringing it back from the dead!!!!

i use silglyde .... think of silicone spray but in a gell form. works well.
Old 11-24-2014, 03:58 PM   #27
gordi is on a distinguished road
Name: Josh
gordi's Tacoma Gallery
where are you putting this? on the black weather stripping around the door? or in the window area? i have it next to my ear and the sound only stops if i push on the door from the arm wrest.
Old 11-24-2014, 04:06 PM   #28
nd4spdbh is one of the sharper tools in the shednd4spdbh is one of the sharper tools in the shednd4spdbh is one of the sharper tools in the shednd4spdbh is one of the sharper tools in the shednd4spdbh is one of the sharper tools in the shednd4spdbh is one of the sharper tools in the shednd4spdbh is one of the sharper tools in the shednd4spdbh is one of the sharper tools in the shednd4spdbh is one of the sharper tools in the shednd4spdbh is one of the sharper tools in the shednd4spdbh is one of the sharper tools in the shed
nd4spdbh's Tacoma Gallery
the door deals, theres one around the outter lip of the door, and one on the body. lube them bitches up so they can slide without making noise.
Old 11-24-2014, 04:12 PM   #29
gordi is on a distinguished road
Name: Josh
gordi's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by nd4spdbh View Post
the door deals, theres one around the outter lip of the door, and one on the body. lube them bitches up so they can slide without making noise.
roger that!
Old 11-24-2014, 06:15 PM   #30
My drinking team has a wheeling problem
V5ioV is one of the sharper tools in the shedV5ioV is one of the sharper tools in the shedV5ioV is one of the sharper tools in the shedV5ioV is one of the sharper tools in the shedV5ioV is one of the sharper tools in the shedV5ioV is one of the sharper tools in the shedV5ioV is one of the sharper tools in the shedV5ioV is one of the sharper tools in the shedV5ioV is one of the sharper tools in the shedV5ioV is one of the sharper tools in the shedV5ioV is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: V5ioV
V5ioV's Tacoma Gallery
This rattle just started on mine today... found this and a few other threads in the subject...I just finish messing with mine for a little while to understand it where and how it's making the rattle.
Mine rattles only when the window is closed and it's the primarily the outer stripping. .. I can duplicate the sound by pushing on the window from the inside out.... just for testing: I folded a dollar bill the long way to about 1/2" and pried it in the area with the most rattle between the stripping and the body ... rattle was virtually gone. ...
So now I want to somehow eliminate the movement of the stripping.
Old 11-24-2014, 08:34 PM   #31
jtweezy is on a distinguished road
jtweezy's Tacoma Gallery
I have this going on in my DC, too.

My thoughts are in line with V5ioV's. What about something like this applied between body and rubber weatherstrip?
Old 11-24-2014, 08:37 PM   #32
The Texas Ayatollah
TashcomerTexas is one of the sharper tools in the shedTashcomerTexas is one of the sharper tools in the shedTashcomerTexas is one of the sharper tools in the shedTashcomerTexas is one of the sharper tools in the shedTashcomerTexas is one of the sharper tools in the shedTashcomerTexas is one of the sharper tools in the shedTashcomerTexas is one of the sharper tools in the shedTashcomerTexas is one of the sharper tools in the shedTashcomerTexas is one of the sharper tools in the shedTashcomerTexas is one of the sharper tools in the shedTashcomerTexas is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dereck
TashcomerTexas's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
I guess I need to wash my truck more often , I'll give it a try ,

Thanks Dellosa ,

OZ
Lol is this when oz thought he was the shit and tried signaturing his name on each post?
Old 11-24-2014, 08:41 PM   #33
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe ....
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TashcomerTexas View Post
Lol is this when oz thought he was the shit and tried signaturing his name on each post?

5 years
Old 11-27-2014, 12:54 PM   #34
My drinking team has a wheeling problem
V5ioV is one of the sharper tools in the shedV5ioV is one of the sharper tools in the shedV5ioV is one of the sharper tools in the shedV5ioV is one of the sharper tools in the shedV5ioV is one of the sharper tools in the shedV5ioV is one of the sharper tools in the shedV5ioV is one of the sharper tools in the shedV5ioV is one of the sharper tools in the shedV5ioV is one of the sharper tools in the shedV5ioV is one of the sharper tools in the shedV5ioV is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: V5ioV
V5ioV's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtweezy View Post
I have this going on in my DC, too.

My thoughts are in line with V5ioV's. What about something like this applied between body and rubber weatherstrip?
We have had a rain and snow the last few days so haven't gotten a chance to play with it further... I did also discover what looks like an oil leak from the crank pulley seal... so this rattle dropped a few spots on the do list...
Old 11-27-2014, 01:02 PM   #35
Shade is on a distinguished road
Shade's Tacoma Gallery
Armor all is terrible for the weather stripping. Use 303
Old 11-29-2014, 01:43 AM   #36
kokoyhawaii is on a distinguished road
kokoyhawaii's Tacoma Gallery
Noisy driver side window seal - 2015 Tacoma, 500 miles

Having the same issue as everyone else on the thread, squeaking noise from window seal on upper left hand side, right next to my left ear. Seriously has been driving me crazy, had this problem since 9 miles on the vehicle, the dealer said, it would go away once the truck 'calibrates' to the environment.

I'm going to try the armor all fix tomorrow, then silicone later on. I have an appointment with the dealer in January 2015, but not sure what they will actually do to fix this issue, especially if it's mechancial, i.e. the frame not aligning with the door properly.

I really should have test drove the vehicle more before purchasing, it is my first brand new vehicle, ever, in 30ish years...., I figured it would be perfect, really wrong on that. Other than that the truck is great, getting about 19.8mpg right now.
Old 11-29-2014, 12:14 PM   #37
What's it to ya
Sarfai is on a distinguished road
Name: Suzy
Sarfai's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by kokoyhawaii View Post
Having the same issue as everyone else on the thread, squeaking noise from window seal on upper left hand side, right next to my left ear. Seriously has been driving me crazy, had this problem since 9 miles on the vehicle, the dealer said, it would go away once the truck 'calibrates' to the environment.

I'm going to try the armor all fix tomorrow, then silicone later on. I have an appointment with the dealer in January 2015, but not sure what they will actually do to fix this issue, especially if it's mechancial, i.e. the frame not aligning with the door properly.

I really should have test drove the vehicle more before purchasing, it is my first brand new vehicle, ever, in 30ish years...., I figured it would be perfect, really wrong on that. Other than that the truck is great, getting about 19.8mpg right now.
I have a 2013 taco. I've had that issue since I bought it back in March last year. I've replaced the weather strips and tried putting some type of lube and guess what? ITS STILL FRICKEN THERE. Noisy as ever. I think the dealer saying it'll calibrate. More like your ears will get used to it and you will eventually say FUCK IT. I just turn my radio up or completely ignore it. Sad but true. I think the quality control on the taco as since 2011 suck. But I love my truck other than irritating shit.
Old 11-29-2014, 02:07 PM   #38
luvium is on a distinguished road

Name: Chris
luvium's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...queak-fix.html

Products Discussed in this Thread