Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Annoying weather stripping rattling coming from driver door...

Old 01-30-2010, 10:48 PM   #1
sincitytaco is a name known to allsincitytaco is a name known to allsincitytaco is a name known to allsincitytaco is a name known to allsincitytaco is a name known to allsincitytaco is a name known to all
sincitytaco's Tacoma Gallery
Annoying weather stripping rattling coming from driver door...

Is this a common problem? Is there a TSB for this?

I need to get this fixed, the windshield TSB, some bad rattle noise when I close my door, and a major dash rattle. So much for Japanese quality. Well I just hope the important things like the drivetrain hold up. I am also glad it is a lease.
Old 01-30-2010, 10:50 PM   #2
ktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ktmrider's Tacoma Gallery
do you have an access cab? or a double cab
Old 01-30-2010, 10:55 PM   #3
sincitytaco is a name known to allsincitytaco is a name known to allsincitytaco is a name known to allsincitytaco is a name known to allsincitytaco is a name known to allsincitytaco is a name known to all
I have a double cab.
Old 01-30-2010, 10:56 PM   #4
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Sin ,

is it like a squeaky sound like the door is sliding up and down on the weatherstrip as well as a slight 'popping' sound from the same ?

If so I have the same issue , right at ear level too , drives me crazy as a shithouse rat ,

OZ
Old 01-30-2010, 10:57 PM   #5
Love peace and Taco Grease
Dellosa89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellosa89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellosa89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellosa89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellosa89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellosa89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellosa89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellosa89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellosa89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellosa89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellosa89 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
Dellosa89's Tacoma Gallery
I put Amor All on my weather stripping and no more noise. i just do it every time i was her.

** Not sure if that is your problem.
Old 01-30-2010, 11:00 PM   #6
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
I guess I need to wash my truck more often , I'll give it a try ,

Thanks Dellosa ,

OZ
Old 01-31-2010, 12:33 AM   #7
It is the rubber that goes on the inside of the door around the window. It seems to be fitting very loose. Also on the same door the window rattles when I hit bumps when it is partially rolled down. I took it to the dealer and they said it was normal, well I am going to have a real close to Jesus talk with them if they try to be lazy douche bags this time around. I hate laziness, especially when it fucks my truck up.
Old 01-31-2010, 12:39 AM   #8
Tactical Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTactical Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTactical Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTactical Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTactical Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTactical Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTactical Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTactical Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTactical Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTactical Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTactical Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Seth
Tactical Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah I have the same problem DRIVES ME NUTS TOO!!! I like to drive with the radio and a/c off at least once a week to listen for issues and all i ever hear is that weather stripping....Gonna try armor all trick tomorrow
Old 01-31-2010, 11:21 AM   #9
I now need to make time to bring my truck in. I guess my to fix list is long enought to where it is justified now.
Old 03-31-2012, 03:10 PM   #10
drsus is on a distinguished road

drsus's Tacoma Gallery
Well, I did a search about this because both my driver and passenger doors do this and it just seem like this was probably a known issue...... DRIVES ME CRAZY!! Did anyone figure out a solution? Dealer give a shit?
Old 03-31-2012, 03:21 PM   #11

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
I wipe down my rubber weatherstripping with 303 Aerospace Protectant occasionally , seems to work well

This is an old thread , I forgot I was one of those dorks that signed every post ( cough cough RiverRat cough )

OZ
Old 03-31-2012, 03:55 PM   #12

drsus's Tacoma Gallery
that was my first thought because it does sound like the weatherstripping is simply sticking and unsticking from the metal as the door moves a little around on bumps and stuff....so some sort of greasy treatment to keep it from sticking would do...

it wouldn't be a thing at all if it wasn't RIGHT BY MY EAR!

but shit, this is a brand new 2012 truck that has been in production for 7 years now, you'd figure they would've made that tiny change to the thing to stop it, or figure the shudder from the driveline by now, while were at it.
Old 03-31-2012, 04:03 PM   #13

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by drsus View Post
that was my first thought because it does sound like the weatherstripping is simply sticking and unsticking from the metal as the door moves a little around on bumps and stuff....so some sort of greasy treatment to keep it from sticking would do...

it wouldn't be a thing at all if it wasn't RIGHT BY MY EAR!

but shit, this is a brand new 2012 truck that has been in production for 7 years now, you'd figure they would've made that tiny change to the thing to stop it, or figure the shudder from the driveline by now, while were at it.
Try some 303 , it will work
Old 03-31-2012, 04:47 PM   #14

drsus's Tacoma Gallery
will do, thanks of tip
Old 03-31-2012, 05:13 PM   #15
cooktaco is a glorious beacon of lightcooktaco is a glorious beacon of lightcooktaco is a glorious beacon of lightcooktaco is a glorious beacon of lightcooktaco is a glorious beacon of lightcooktaco is a glorious beacon of light

cooktaco's Tacoma Gallery
Got the same problem right in my left ear. Just got truck back from dealer for service and rear spring TSB. Said they could not duplicate the noise...BS. I had to be a bit of a pain in the ass to get the springs done so I didn't want to raise hell about the weatherstrip noise. Will try the 303 until the next trip to the dealer.
Old 03-31-2012, 05:19 PM   #16
JC47 is on a distinguished road
JC47's Tacoma Gallery
Yep, this noise drives me NUTS. 3 out of 4 doors do it.
Old 03-31-2012, 09:01 PM   #17
Carroljb is on a distinguished road
Carroljb's Tacoma Gallery
I have the same thing in my 2012 DC, took it to the dealer and they are going to replace the door seal on tuesday. The sound is just enough to drive me nuts. I could only take 900 miles of it. I will let everybody know if they fix it
Old 03-31-2012, 09:03 PM   #18

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carroljb View Post
I have the same thing in my 2012 DC, took it to the dealer and they are going to replace the door seal on tuesday. The sound is just enough to drive me nuts. I could only take 900 miles of it. I will let everybody know if they fix it
They are going to replace it with the exact same thing , how can that solve this issue in the long run ?
Old 03-31-2012, 10:36 PM   #19

drsus's Tacoma Gallery
ok...glad im not the sonly one that this drives nuts, i was beginning to think i was that asshole that gets annoyed by too little .
Old 04-17-2012, 10:24 AM   #20
freezb is on a distinguished road
freezb's Tacoma Gallery
i had the same issue with my 2011 DC, check if you can move your window foward and back, if your window is moving change the belt molding, so your window will be more tight and stop the rattle.