Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

squeeking issue

Old 03-29-2008, 10:11 PM   #1
jungsoo726 is on a distinguished road
Army: 1/23 Styrker Infantry/ 2nd INF, 1/22 Infantry/ 4TH INF (Mechanized), 2/5 Cavalry/1st Cav.
jungsoo726's Tacoma Gallery
squeeking issue

so recently i decided to go trail riding in my local area. my truck got covered in mud from underbody, to roof, to parts of the engine and suspension. over all it was a fun day. indeed i did, a few times, hit the ground hard a few times but it was the front skid plate. i have not washed my truck since and i have been driving around caked in mud for 2 days now. today while driving i noticed a really annoying high pitched squeeking sound coming fromt he driver side front wheel. can mud rubbing on something cause this sound? is there anything wrong with mud and medal mixture? if so please help me. would washign my truck make it stop. it's annoying me. my turck is 1 month old. i doubt japanese engineering would make it squeek at less than 10k miles already. if so i need a new truck. help me. advice?
Old 03-29-2008, 10:28 PM   #2
calbadose is on a distinguished road
calbadose's Tacoma Gallery
I had problems like this with my old Subaru. It is entirely possible you have a small rock stuck somewhere between the wheel and brake. Washing it should help and if it doesn't I suggest removing the wheel and giving it a good powerwash and removing any mud from the brake area...my .02.

-Cal
Old 03-30-2008, 09:53 AM   #3
concrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Shit deflector
concrete jedi's Tacoma Gallery
I'm with calbadose, wash it, then see if it goes away, see if there is an under carriage wash in the area, get your drive line clean too.