Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

4-low beeping

Old 01-31-2010, 09:14 AM   #1
ROOTIN AROUND
08TRD Sport has much to be proud of08TRD Sport has much to be proud of08TRD Sport has much to be proud of08TRD Sport has much to be proud of08TRD Sport has much to be proud of08TRD Sport has much to be proud of08TRD Sport has much to be proud of08TRD Sport has much to be proud of08TRD Sport has much to be proud of

Army: BNCOC SGL
Name: Joshua
08TRD Sport's Tacoma Gallery
4-low beeping

Hey guys I finally used my 4-low today and when I put it in 4-low it beeps is that normal. my 4-high it doesnt but as soon as soon as I put it in 4 low it flashes 4-low and then starts to beep
Old 01-31-2010, 09:17 AM   #2
David K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shed

David K's Tacoma Gallery
You need to come to a full stop, put it in Neutral (Auto Trans?), and then rotate the dial from H4 to L4. The beeping means it isn't engaged. Youe WILL feel the difference in L4... tons of low end torque!
Old 01-31-2010, 09:19 AM   #3
Stock Taco For Now
311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
311offroad's Tacoma Gallery
you might have to move the switch back and forth from 4hi to 4lo a few times to make it engage.
Old 01-31-2010, 09:23 AM   #4
David K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shed

David K's Tacoma Gallery
Did you read the owner's manual or that card in your sun visor (that explains exactly how to use 4WD)?
Old 01-31-2010, 09:30 AM   #5
ROOTIN AROUND
08TRD Sport has much to be proud of08TRD Sport has much to be proud of08TRD Sport has much to be proud of08TRD Sport has much to be proud of08TRD Sport has much to be proud of08TRD Sport has much to be proud of08TRD Sport has much to be proud of08TRD Sport has much to be proud of08TRD Sport has much to be proud of

yeah I have come to a complete stop put in in park then went to 4-low and put it in L on the trans and it flashes and beeps. I did not try to move it back in forth a few times but I will try it today when I got back out
Old 01-31-2010, 09:31 AM   #6
Nothin
krimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shed
krimson's Tacoma Gallery
Go to a complete stop and put it in neutral then engage 4L
Old 01-31-2010, 09:32 AM   #7
braggman7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbraggman7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbraggman7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbraggman7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbraggman7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbraggman7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbraggman7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbraggman7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbraggman7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbraggman7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbraggman7 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
braggman7's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 08TRD Sport View Post
yeah I have come to a complete stop put in in park then went to 4-low and put it in L on the trans and it flashes and beeps. I did not try to move it back in forth a few times but I will try it today when I got back out
put it in neutral. not park.
Old 01-31-2010, 09:34 AM   #8
pataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud of
pataco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by braggman7 View Post
put it in neutral. not park.
x2
Old 01-31-2010, 09:37 AM   #9

David K's Tacoma Gallery
NEUTRAL... not park! (oh yah, x3)
Old 01-31-2010, 09:42 AM   #10
ktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ktmrider's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by David K View Post
NEUTRAL... not park! (oh yah, x3)
oh yeee x4
Old 01-31-2010, 09:54 AM   #11
ROOTIN AROUND

OK thanks let me go try it
Old 01-31-2010, 09:56 AM   #12
ROOTIN AROUND

it works .... thanks
Old 01-31-2010, 10:13 AM   #13
pataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud of
pataco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
it works .... thanks
thats why were all here.
Old 01-31-2010, 11:24 AM   #14
aficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shed
aficianado's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
neutral, not park

opps...i'm late.
Old 01-31-2010, 11:32 AM   #15
ickthus will become famous soon enoughickthus will become famous soon enough

Name: DAVID
ickthus's Tacoma Gallery
if you have to back up or pull up alittle, turn the wheel slightly as you do, it will take the torque off and pop right in.
Old 01-31-2010, 12:12 PM   #16
saf023 is just really nicesaf023 is just really nicesaf023 is just really nicesaf023 is just really nice
Marines:
saf023's Tacoma Gallery
I read the manual and didn't catch "the truck will beep if you're not fully engaged in 4WD low". Thanks for the information!
Old 08-13-2010, 06:44 AM   #17
CO_Tacoma_0351 is on a distinguished road

Marines: 1/1 B, '02' to '06'
CO_Tacoma_0351's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for the thread guys! It takes me a combination lock to get 4L engaged. Stop, neutral, park, nuetral, wheels right, reverse, neutral= engaged 4L. Are the gearings just that tight??
Old 08-13-2010, 07:52 AM   #18

David K's Tacoma Gallery
It has never been a problem for me (3rd Tacoma now)... as long as you put the tranny in Neutral, as instructed. The rear locker is where it takes a couple of attempts to engage... but with A-TRAC, I don't need the rear locker anymore.
Old 04-09-2012, 08:00 PM   #19
taco40 is on a distinguished road
Name: Josh
taco40's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by CO_Tacoma_0351 View Post
Thanks for the thread guys! It takes me a combination lock to get 4L engaged. Stop, neutral, park, nuetral, wheels right, reverse, neutral= engaged 4L. Are the gearings just that tight??

Sounds like you should have about 30 free guys after all that. How's that for a first post?
Old 04-10-2012, 08:40 AM   #20

David K's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by CO_Tacoma_0351 View Post
Never need 'Park' in the process of going into L4... Stop, put in N (Neutral), rotate dial to L4, put into D (Drive) and it clicks in then or as soon as you begin to move... The wheel possion is not an issue either, but usually mine are straight.

To get out of L4, reverse that process.