Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

New Tacoma Owner with Questions!

Old 03-30-2008, 03:00 PM   #1
mgaudet7 is on a distinguished road
mgaudet7's Tacoma Gallery
New Tacoma Owner with Questions!

Hey everyone i just bought an 06 Tacoma TRD Access Cab and so far am loving it! I have a few questions which im sure have been answered somewhere already but im not that familiar with the site yet so i thought id ask anyway. If anyone can help me out it would be greatly appreciated!
1) Does the outlet in the box only work when the engine is running?

2) My stereo is a 6 cd in-dash changer with steering wheel audio controls and i was wondering if anyone knows a cheap way of hooking their ipod directly to the stereo. I came across a product called Neo that would work but its quite expensive.

3)My truck is originally from the states so everything is in mph. Does anyone know how to program the odometer to change to kph?

4)Since its from the states it doesn't have a block heater. Is it expensive or difficult to put one in?

5)Im looking to buy a box cover(tonneau cover). I want one that is very low profile and looks great and is a good price. Any suggestions?

Thanks!
Old 03-30-2008, 03:32 PM   #2
Carolina Alliance Costal Div
2003greenbean has much to be proud of2003greenbean has much to be proud of2003greenbean has much to be proud of2003greenbean has much to be proud of2003greenbean has much to be proud of2003greenbean has much to be proud of2003greenbean has much to be proud of2003greenbean has much to be proud of2003greenbean has much to be proud of

2003greenbean's Tacoma Gallery
oh no not another canadian jk welcome to tw
most of those ques have been answered i just dont know were the is a serch button at the top of the screen
Old 03-30-2008, 03:47 PM   #3
Towing Guru
maverick491 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaverick491 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaverick491 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaverick491 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaverick491 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaverick491 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaverick491 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaverick491 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaverick491 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaverick491 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaverick491 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

maverick491's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgaudet7 View Post
Hey everyone i just bought an 06 Tacoma TRD Access Cab and so far am loving it! I have a few questions which im sure have been answered somewhere already but im not that familiar with the site yet so i thought id ask anyway. If anyone can help me out it would be greatly appreciated!
1) Does the outlet in the box only work when the engine is running?

2) My stereo is a 6 cd in-dash changer with steering wheel audio controls and i was wondering if anyone knows a cheap way of hooking their ipod directly to the stereo. I came across a product called Neo that would work but its quite expensive.

3)My truck is originally from the states so everything is in mph. Does anyone know how to program the odometer to change to kph?

4)Since its from the states it doesn't have a block heater. Is it expensive or difficult to put one in?

5)Im looking to buy a box cover(tonneau cover). I want one that is very low profile and looks great and is a good price. Any suggestions?

Thanks!
1. Yes, truck running or ignition in on position. 100 w max while driving and in gear, 400 w max idling.

2. USA spec pa15-toy. (replacement for the 12-toy) Ipod interface is about 100-120 bucks, allows ipod control though the head unit itself, and charges while connected. There are other brands/devices that enable ipod integration, but I am un-sure if they maintain as much functionality, but a search for Ipod should turn up the half dozen or so threads on them.

3 & 4. I got nothing.

5. Depends if you want hard or soft, hinged or tri-fold. Prices kind of range from a couple hundred to a grand or so for a color matched hard Leer. Again a search for Tonneau cover should kick back the results of those threads for you. I am partial to the Extang full-tilt, which allows full use of the factory rails and cleats still which is a problem with some of the ultra low profile covers.
Old 03-30-2008, 03:50 PM   #4
My other ride has sails
Roland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Combat Arms Instructor, HQ Detachment, RING
Roland's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to TacomaWorld.

The only question I can offer help with is the tonneau cover. I have an UnderCover hard tonneau that I'm really happy with. It sells (in the states) for 650 to 700. I have a couple pictures of it in my gallery if you want to see what it looks like.
Old 03-30-2008, 04:04 PM   #5
Founder Socaltacomas.com
SocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve-0
SocalMan22's Tacoma Gallery
Heres where you can find the block heater
http://www.trdparts4u.com/MC-CBFJ-BH.aspx
Old 03-30-2008, 05:23 PM   #6
Hey thanks everyone, I wasn't expecting any answers this quickly. I never noticed that there was forum search. I'll check it out since all these questions have probably already been answered
Old 03-30-2008, 05:34 PM   #7
concrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Shit deflector
concrete jedi's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to TW, metric hurts my head.
Old 03-30-2008, 08:13 PM   #8
dbbd1 is on a distinguished road

dbbd1's Tacoma Gallery
Occasionally, here or on TN, someone will sell a Canuck dash. Take a look. Otherwise, I would think that there really is not a way to "program" it. And here is another "something" for the Ipod hook-up.

http://www.pie.net/pie_store/shopexd.asp?id=27&bc=no
Old 03-30-2008, 10:16 PM   #9
Nice, Thanks. Ya ive been looking around and i dont think its possible. Im not gonna bother getting a new cluster. Its not that big of a deal.