1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Hom many are worried with Toyota's Reputation??!!

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Jreaka13, Feb 1, 2010.

?

Are you concerned about Toyotas Reputation??

Poll closed Mar 3, 2010.
  1. Yes

167 vote(s)
    18.0%
  2. No

677 vote(s)
    72.9%
  3. Unsure

78 vote(s)
    8.4%
  4. Other...

7 vote(s)
    0.8%
  1. Mar 10, 2010 at 7:45 AM
    BUZZ5

BUZZ5 Well-Known Member

Member:
    S.Carolina
    Vehicle:
    07 Prerunner DC TRD Sport
    Many
    This IS sad, but very true. I work at a major tire plant & see this first hand everyday. This plant, owned by the Japanese, ran like clockwork for the first year it was opened due to the Japanese there overseeing production. As soon as they left & turned it over to the American management, it started going to shit. Lazy people that try their best to avoid any physical work, and their desire to have a deversified workforce instead of hiring qualified people has really opened my eyes to how screwed up manufacturing & production facilities in this country has become. It is no different at any plant anywhere in this country. This country's worries about offending someone or getting sued for some sorry ass working the system instead of doing their job makes me sick.

2. Apr 26, 2010 at 6:32 AM
    jyberger

jyberger New Member

Member:
    alberta canada
    Vehicle:
    tacoma 2008 TRD Off road sport.
    I bought mine new in june 2008, never had any problems, runs great, my first Toyota, no regrets so far.

3. Apr 26, 2010 at 9:05 AM
    copdude33

copdude33 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Roxboro, NC
    Vehicle:
    2018 Tacoma Limited 4x4
    Tint, bed cover, led high beams, HID low beams, blacked emblems
    AMEN!!!! Couldn't have said better myself. "God help's those whom help themselves. THE GOVERNMENT HELPS THE REST!!"

4. Apr 26, 2010 at 10:40 AM
    scottri

scottri Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    Tigard Oregon
    Vehicle:
    '10 Sport DC TRD Sport PreRunner
    Cover King Seat Covers, WeatherTech Liners, PopNLock, storage bin locks, N-Fab Step bars, and G4 Elite Tonneau cover.
    I bought a Toyota based on its long term history not short term issues. My father bought a Toyota truck new in 1977, it's still on the road. I had an '81 Corolla that was an awesome little car, I had an 05 Highlander that was a great car. I have no reason to believe that my 2010 truck is any less of a vehicle. Name me one auto maker that hasn't had a recall. Plus, I think this mess is a giant pile on when American car companies are swirling the bowl. Trust me, Toyota will still make great cars for years to come and this mess will be a memory. I am old enough to remember the exploding Pintos, the exploding Chevy trucks and a long line of other problems from other makers that make Toyota's current problems seem minor.

5. Apr 26, 2010 at 10:45 AM
    Coolidge

Coolidge Well-Known Member

Member:
    So Cal, Ca
    Vehicle:
    2003 Pre Runner
    King coilovers frt +3". Bilstein 5100 shocks rear w/AAL, K&N FIPK, Magnablow exhaust, Billet grill, clear corner lights, Sony stereo, JBL, Sub etc.
    Not worried one bit. Im on my 6th Toyota truck (3rd Taco) I'd buy another and would recommend to anyone

Products Discussed in

To Top