1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

ScanGauge - Where to mount?

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by flavalk, Mar 31, 2008.

1. Mar 31, 2008 at 7:25 AM
    flavalk

flavalk [OP] 2-Broke 2-Care

Member:
    Orlando, Florida via Huntsville, Alabama
    Vehicle:
    '07 PreRunner SR5 Double Cab 2WD - Short Bed - Automatic- Silver Mica
    Not much. Toyota bed mat, Toyota step bars, tinted windows, Toyota seat covers, Toyota all-weather mats, quart of Wild Turkey in the glove box, KelTec PT3AT in the center console, backseat full of old speeding tickets
    I did a search but only found one picture of the SG mounted on the steering column. Have any of you found a spot where it looks like it belongs?? Pictures would be great.

Mucho-grassy-ass ;)

2. Mar 31, 2008 at 7:28 AM
    Roland

Roland My other ride has sails

Member:
    Rhode Island
    Vehicle:
    06 Impulse Red I4 2WD Access Cab
    UnderCover Tonneau, Bed mat, Bug Deflector, aFe Pro Dry S, Secondary Air Filter removed, Synthetic 5W-30 oil, Scanguage II with blendmount, WeatherTech floorliners, Toyota seat covers, Installed OEM intermittent wipers, TacomaWorld sticker, Defrost without AC mod, Hidden Hitch
    I put it above the rearview mirror. I think there are pictures of it there in
    maverick491's gallery

3. Mar 31, 2008 at 7:53 AM
    boks

boks From Michigan!!

Member:
    Michigan
    Vehicle:
    2020 4WD TRD-Offroad Double Cab
    Rhino RTS ditch mount roof rack tracks Truxedo Lo Pro tonneau cover Yakima tracks on Bed rails LED Interior Light upgrade Former Vehicle: 2007 4WD TRD-Offroad Double Cab
    Put mine right on top of the steering column below speed gauge. Then run the cable down the right and through to the connector below.

Boks

4. Mar 31, 2008 at 7:54 AM
    mvega1969

mvega1969 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Laredo
    Vehicle:
    '17 Tacoma DC LB 4X4 TRD Off Road.
    I do have the same setup: above the rearview mirror, but I have used the same velcro that came with the Scangauge II and I wrap it against the top of the cabin. I did not use the blendmount as other members and also I did not purchase the extra cable... is not needed.
    [​IMG]

5. Mar 31, 2008 at 8:03 AM
    revn247

revn247 Active Member

Member:
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    TRD Off Road 6spd Toytec stage 3
    Eclipse AVN-6620 w/ Sirius
    I got the "Blendmount" from MGT motorsports. http://mgtmotorsports.com/ Mine is mounted above the mirror but I'm sure you can mount it below the mirror as well if you have something already there. Works BEAUTIFULLY! I called them before buying and found them very friendly, personable and knowledgeable. HTH.

6. Mar 31, 2008 at 8:23 AM
    mvega1969

Member:
    Laredo
    Vehicle:
    I did planned to buy it too (blendmount), but once I started to install the SG II, I noticed that I could go with my current setup and I like it too, at the beginning I felt that it will not hold strong enough but it has not moved at all, the only thing is a can see on my rearview mirror a little bit of the SG II bottom but not a big issue.

7. Mar 31, 2008 at 8:25 AM
    ph16drive

ph16drive \m/.....\m/

Member:
    First Name:
    Paul
    Clevelandish
    Vehicle:
    08 DC, V6, 4x4, 5-Speed Auto
    Shorty antenna, Pop-&-Lock tailgate lock, Undercover bed cover, Aeroforce Interceptor gauge (custom mount), bed mat, AFE Pro Dry S air filter, map light mod, suspension TSB, Billy 5100's all around, Eibach springs, custom fuel tank armor plate, custom cat armor plate, painted front brake calipers, Grillcraft MX upper grill & Hella 500s, ipod adapter, dash pushbutton garage door opener, aux reverse lights, custom ipod nano 4G mount, seatbelt chime mod, custom bull bar w/ (3) Lightforce 140 Lance lights, POR-15 Chassis Coat Black drivetrain, illum 4x4 switch, xtra bed D-rings mod, locker anytime mod, diff breather relocation mod, ABS disable switch mod, Heated seats
    I made a custom mount for mine . . . it was a pain but well worth it.

[​IMG]

8. Mar 31, 2008 at 8:56 AM
    mvega1969

Member:
    Laredo
    Vehicle:
    Well positioned, at least it can be seen from the driver's perspective. I did temporarily place it in different places I selected the one I have based on what I have on our family's Sienna Van (OEM Computer trip) and believe me is like having the same functions (SG II has more information).

9. Mar 31, 2008 at 9:22 AM
    flavalk

flavalk [OP] 2-Broke 2-Care

Member:
    Orlando, Florida via Huntsville, Alabama
    Vehicle:
    '07 PreRunner SR5 Double Cab 2WD - Short Bed - Automatic- Silver Mica
    Not much. Toyota bed mat, Toyota step bars, tinted windows, Toyota seat covers, Toyota all-weather mats, quart of Wild Turkey in the glove box, KelTec PT3AT in the center console, backseat full of old speeding tickets
    I like it! You done good :)

10. Mar 31, 2008 at 9:40 AM
    ph16drive

ph16drive \m/.....\m/

Member:
    First Name:
    Paul
    Clevelandish
    Vehicle:
    Shorty antenna, Pop-&-Lock tailgate lock, Undercover bed cover, Aeroforce Interceptor gauge (custom mount), bed mat, AFE Pro Dry S air filter, map light mod, suspension TSB, Billy 5100's all around, Eibach springs, custom fuel tank armor plate, custom cat armor plate, painted front brake calipers, Grillcraft MX upper grill & Hella 500s, ipod adapter, dash pushbutton garage door opener, aux reverse lights, custom ipod nano 4G mount, seatbelt chime mod, custom bull bar w/ (3) Lightforce 140 Lance lights, POR-15 Chassis Coat Black drivetrain, illum 4x4 switch, xtra bed D-rings mod, locker anytime mod, diff breather relocation mod, ABS disable switch mod, Heated seats
    If that's the mounting you want in your truck, let me know and I can provide more details.

11. Mar 31, 2008 at 3:09 PM
    ZonKs

ZonKs Can speak french in Russian.

Member:
    First Name:
    Ted
    Glendale, CA
    Vehicle:
    2018 Sport DCSB 4x4
    =p
    I put mine in the tray to the right of the steering column. It works perfect. You can see it through the steering wheel and it is out of the way. You dont really even notice it is there except when you look for it.

12. Apr 1, 2008 at 12:57 PM
    ph16drive

ph16drive \m/.....\m/

Member:
    First Name:
    Paul
    Clevelandish
    Vehicle:
    I've been asked to provide install details of the custom mount in my truck. Attached is the pdf install. Sorry about the picture quality but it was all I could do to stay below the 100 kb limit.

Attached Files:

13. Apr 1, 2008 at 1:37 PM
    ETAV8R

ETAV8R Out DERP'n

Member:
    Republik of Commiefornia
    Vehicle:
    MGM 09 AC 4WD V6 TRD-OR w/ Tradesman Shell
    Just the basics
  14. Apr 1, 2008 at 7:32 PM
    Janster

Janster Old & Forgetful

Member:
    First Name:
    Jandy
    Lancaster, PA
    Vehicle:
    2016 GMC Canyon SLT w/ LineX and....
    I put mine on the steering column also. I wasn't originally gonna put it there. Before I mounted it - I kinda had it laying in various places to see which I liked better. I discovered I like looking at it too much. So - mounting it to the steering column was the best place for me to keep my eyes closer to the road.
    [​IMG]

Products Discussed in

To Top