Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Dash light???/Help

Old 02-02-2010, 08:40 AM   #1
ffblaze911 will become famous soon enoughffblaze911 will become famous soon enough

Firefighter: Engineer
Name: Matt
ffblaze911's Tacoma Gallery
Dash light???/Help

Any one know how to change there dash light and what you need to do it???
Old 02-02-2010, 08:45 AM   #2
BreezyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBreezyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBreezyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBreezyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBreezyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBreezyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBreezyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBreezyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBreezyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBreezyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBreezyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy:
BreezyTaco's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...d-success.html

here you go pretty easy
Old 02-02-2010, 08:46 AM   #3
Lieutenant Dan.
DeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Lieutenant
DeeKay21's Tacoma Gallery
You mean the orange colors around the speedometer and that whole area?
Old 02-02-2010, 08:54 AM   #4
ffblaze911 will become famous soon enoughffblaze911 will become famous soon enough

yes and also in the radio
Old 02-02-2010, 09:03 AM   #5
Lieutenant Dan.
DeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by ffblaze911 View Post
yes and also in the radio
Well theres that link up top so try that out. I also wanted to do this mod but I'm to afraid Ill mess stuff up so ima stay orange for now. Maybe one of these days I will try it.
Old 02-02-2010, 09:18 AM   #6
BreezyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBreezyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBreezyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBreezyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBreezyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBreezyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBreezyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBreezyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBreezyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBreezyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBreezyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy:
Its pretty easy if you have a soldering gun and some flux, you just disassemble your gauge cluster, take a picture of it before you dismount it, make sure on the circuit board to line up the LEDs the right way or it will not complete the circuit and no lights will turn on. You can also remove the door open chime while your in there.
Old 02-02-2010, 09:20 AM   #7

I checked out that link really dose not tell you how to get r done. Maybe some one will help out.
Old 02-02-2010, 09:23 AM   #8
Lieutenant Dan.

Quote:
I checked out that link really dose not tell you how to get r done. Maybe some one will help out.
I know theres a member on here that will do it if you send him your dash. Just not sure who he was off the top of my head. I think it was like a 3 or 4 day turn around. My truck sits in the garage 5 days a week so I think I might send it to him so he can do it.
Old 02-02-2010, 09:31 AM   #9

Well were do you get the new lights from.
Old 02-02-2010, 09:35 AM   #10
Navy:
http://www.toyotanation.com/forum/sh...d.php?t=180314

Here is the write up how to do it. I bought mine off of ebay, it is listed for 19.99 or OBO and offer 12.00 thats what I did. Looks great I have my photos up of my mod.
Old 02-02-2010, 09:43 AM   #11
4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy:
4RunnerSeth's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 4RunnerSeth Send a message via MSN to 4RunnerSeth Send a message via Yahoo to 4RunnerSeth
I offer the service. See my sig. Its not really that hard to do if you are handy with the soldering iron. Use a piece of masking tape before you take the needles off to mark where they go. There is a little dot on the board indicating the negative side / notched side of the LED. The radio on the other hand is better left to pros. You can do most the LEDs by yourself, but it takes lots of experience to do the LEDs behind the screen. I do the radios as well.

I do the mod same day usually. The only delay in turn around time is the method of shipping chosen.

These are the LEDs you want.

http://www.oznium.com/plcc-2
Old 02-02-2010, 10:49 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by PreRunnerSeth View Post
I offer the service. See my sig. Its not really that hard to do if you are handy with the soldering iron. Use a piece of masking tape before you take the needles off to mark where they go. There is a little dot on the board indicating the negative side / notched side of the LED. The radio on the other hand is better left to pros. You can do most the LEDs by yourself, but it takes lots of experience to do the LEDs behind the screen. I do the radios as well.

I do the mod same day usually. The only delay in turn around time is the method of shipping chosen.

These are the LEDs you want.

http://www.oznium.com/plcc-2
what are you charging
Old 02-02-2010, 10:52 AM   #13
Lieutenant Dan.

Quote:
what are you charging
Its on his website. Check it out. PRSGAUGES.NET