1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

toyo open country m/t

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by red neck toy, Feb 3, 2010.

1. Feb 3, 2010 at 7:38 AM
    red neck toy

red neck toy [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    earle
    adams center, New York
    Vehicle:
    05 tacoma dbl lifted
    -3in toytech lift -33" x 11.5" firestone destination m/t -16" x 10" mickey thompson classic II. -cut and boxed in body mounts so no more rubbing!! -black headlight covers -anytime foglight mod -35%tint front -5% over stock on back -custom built bull bar -mossy oak camo seat covers -k&n cold air intake -tornado gas saver -dual straight pipes. only tacoma i've seen with them and it sounds really good. (but not if you dont like loud) lol.. soon to come: -black headlight mod -aftermarket grill -blacked out emblems -headers -new shocks and leafsprings - considering all pro front bumper
    are toyo open country m/t's any good? if not, wha would you suggest.
    i was think bfg a/t's or m/t's.
    how long do each of these tires last? ik the bfg a/t's are gonna last the longest.

2. Feb 3, 2010 at 7:54 AM
    TacoSupreem

TacoSupreem Dirty Trucker

Member:
    First Name:
    Hayden
    Kentucky
    Vehicle:
    2013 MGM DCSB 4x4 Sport
    I have the open country a/t's! Awesome tire and cheaper than the bfg. They should last well over 30,000 miles. Mine have 12k on them and still look new. I personally like all the tires u mentioned, they're all great tires!

3. Feb 3, 2010 at 7:56 AM
    TacoSupreem

TacoSupreem Dirty Trucker

Member:
    First Name:
    Hayden
    Kentucky
    Vehicle:
    2013 MGM DCSB 4x4 Sport
    The open country m/t's are very popular. I haven't tried them though.

4. Feb 3, 2010 at 8:10 AM
    AriZonaD54

AriZonaD54 BANNED in 49 states...

Member:
    First Name:
    Andrew
    Valley of the Sun
    They are very good. so are the Nitto Trail Grappler MTs

They are identical in design and tread pattern, rating and wear. Most places have the tires priced the same, so if you can find one set cheaper... get those.

5. Feb 3, 2010 at 8:10 AM
    AriZonaD54

AriZonaD54 BANNED in 49 states...

Member:
    First Name:
    Andrew
    Valley of the Sun
    Pictures of the Trail Grapplers are in my build thread.

6. Feb 3, 2010 at 9:10 AM
    nuckinfuts

nuckinfuts NyQuil on the rocks.

Member:
    Pacific NW
    Vehicle:
    '06 AC TRD Off-Road
    DT Long Tube Headers, Empire O2 simulator, catback, Shrockworks Sliders, Old Man Emu 3" lift with 885 coils (with 1/2" top plate spacer and Dakar Leaf packs), Hi-lift mounted in bed with 4XRAC mounts, WT floor liners, other stuffs
    I've got the Toyo M/T's and really like them. Just passed 50k miles on them and they probably have another 5k or so left. They are $$$ and heavy, but are a ton of fun off road and completely manageable on road, a lot quieter than most m/t's too.

7. Feb 3, 2010 at 2:14 PM
    red neck toy

Member:
    First Name:
    earle
    adams center, New York
    Vehicle:
    05 tacoma dbl lifted
    -3in toytech lift -33" x 11.5" firestone destination m/t -16" x 10" mickey thompson classic II. -cut and boxed in body mounts so no more rubbing!! -black headlight covers -anytime foglight mod -35%tint front -5% over stock on back -custom built bull bar -mossy oak camo seat covers -k&n cold air intake -tornado gas saver -dual straight pipes. only tacoma i've seen with them and it sounds really good. (but not if you dont like loud) lol.. soon to come: -black headlight mod -aftermarket grill -blacked out emblems -headers -new shocks and leafsprings - considering all pro front bumper
    does anyone have pics of a 05+ tacoma with
    -toyo open country m/t
    -bfg a/t
    -bfg m/t km2

8. Feb 3, 2010 at 2:16 PM
    NWtacoma

NWtacoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    Kent,WA
    Vehicle:
    2011 TRD Sport 4x4
    265/70/17 bfg AT
    search has them.

9. Feb 3, 2010 at 2:17 PM
    Anathollo

Anathollo www.saveadane.org

Member:
    Houston
    Vehicle:
    07 Tacoma TRD Sport
    Icon coilovers, Rear Fox Resi-shocks, 285/70/17 Toyo A/T's, Touchscreen JVC Headunit, Custom Rhino-lined sub box, Rocksford Fosgate components and Dual Rockford Fosgate 10" shallow subs, Pioneer and Rocksford Fosgate amps, 1250 watts total, Autometer Volt and Trans gauges with Lotek A-pillar, K&N Drop-in filter, WO Seat covers, Tint, NST WP pulley, Hi-lift jack, Diff breather mod, horn relocation mod, extra "D" rings, de-pinstriped, carrier bearing drop, Rear backup 886 bulbs, Camburg UCA's, AMW Catch can, BHLM, OME Dakars with AAL, Procomp 7089's, Front single hoop Demello bumper, Superwinch Tiger Shark 9500, Amsteel 3/8th synthetic line
    x2! I love my toyo A\T's and I prefer them over the BFG a/t's.

Also, there are a lot of tacoma's around here running the BFG KM2's and the Toyo M/T's so if you look around you'll see them.
    And this is a pretty good deal right here.
    http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/buy-sell-trade/73248-5-285-70r17-bfg-km2s.html

10. Feb 3, 2010 at 2:20 PM
    Bobcat Sig

Bobcat Sig Active Member

Member:
    Bozeman, MT
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD O/R
    USA Spec iPod link, Viper Remote Start
    The better question is what is your intended use for these tires? From there, a much better reccomendation can be given.

11. Feb 3, 2010 at 2:28 PM
    red neck toy

Member:
    First Name:
    earle
    adams center, New York
    Vehicle:
    05 tacoma dbl lifted
    well around here most of the off roading is in mud. some trails with rocks and water. so i want something that will do good on soft ground but also something that is gonna last long and ride nice down the road.

12. Feb 3, 2010 at 2:42 PM
    red neck toy

Member:
    First Name:
    earle
    adams center, New York
    Vehicle:
    05 tacoma dbl lifted
    oh also forgot.
    are the toyo open country m/ts good in snow?
    i def need that.

13. Feb 3, 2010 at 8:58 PM
    nuckinfuts

nuckinfuts NyQuil on the rocks.

Member:
    Pacific NW
    Vehicle:
    '06 AC TRD Off-Road
    DT Long Tube Headers, Empire O2 simulator, catback, Shrockworks Sliders, Old Man Emu 3" lift with 885 coils (with 1/2" top plate spacer and Dakar Leaf packs), Hi-lift mounted in bed with 4XRAC mounts, WT floor liners, other stuffs
    If you get them siped they're alright. Not great on ice but still manageable. It gets a little more fun when you wear them down past the siping

Products Discussed in

To Top