Notices

Locking steering??

Old 02-05-2007, 04:13 PM   #1
fmb is on a distinguished road

Firefighter: Retired Canadian Army/Captain in Fire Service
fmb's Tacoma Gallery
Locking steering??

Hey Group,

I haven't been able to find any reference to this question so far.
Does everyone have to turn the steering 180 degrees over (either left or right) to get the steering wheel to lock when the keys are out? The Rav we have locks right at the top when you pull the key. This isn't a big deal but it is a bit annoying and after reading about the Taco brother who had his new truck stolen a little while ago, every bit helps.
07 access cab TRD Off Road.
And to the Taco brother in South Cal hope it all works out and our thoughts are with you--hope yo're behing the wheel again soon--keep us posted.

Thanks, FMB
Old 02-10-2007, 10:09 PM   #2
it's all about me
Ldytaco05 is a splendid one to beholdLdytaco05 is a splendid one to beholdLdytaco05 is a splendid one to beholdLdytaco05 is a splendid one to beholdLdytaco05 is a splendid one to beholdLdytaco05 is a splendid one to beholdLdytaco05 is a splendid one to beholdLdytaco05 is a splendid one to behold

Ldytaco05's Tacoma Gallery
i do it as a habit but does this guarantee my vehicle's security i'm not quite sure. planning on upgrading my alarm not a good idea (unsure about the personnel messing up my "Diva's" wiring my insurance however does guarantee a vehicle just like my "Diva" if anything happens. (hoping not to happen to my 'Diva". hope this info helps
Old 02-24-2009, 05:27 PM   #3
Molōn labe!
choptop will become famous soon enough

Name: Scott
choptop's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by fmb View Post
Hey Group,

I haven't been able to find any reference to this question so far.
Does everyone have to turn the steering 180 degrees over (either left or right) to get the steering wheel to lock when the keys are out? The Rav we have locks right at the top when you pull the key.
Yes, and today is the first time I discovered the wheel would actually lock. For a while I thought either the steering lock was broken or I was just a 'tard. Looks like the latter.