Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Double Cab owners: Do you use the behind the seat storage?

Old 02-03-2010, 08:12 PM   #1
Hi. My name is Gizzy.
gizzygone is on a distinguished road
gizzygone's Tacoma Gallery
Double Cab owners: Do you use the behind the seat storage?

Does anybody use their behind the seat storage? I'm unsure if I should spring for the JBL audio pack, or add aftermarket. All of my old aftermarket systems really took away from my cargo space, which is something I really don't want to do this time around.

So, do you use the storage space? If so, what do you put there??? Pictures???
Old 02-03-2010, 08:14 PM   #2
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
I have most of my storage used. I have a medic bag, blanket, rags, window cleaner, and 2 rolls of paper towels.
Old 02-03-2010, 08:14 PM   #3
MASTER CHIEF
STR8_BEAST is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTR8_BEAST is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTR8_BEAST is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTR8_BEAST is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTR8_BEAST is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTR8_BEAST is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTR8_BEAST is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTR8_BEAST is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTR8_BEAST is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTR8_BEAST is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTR8_BEAST is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Collin
STR8_BEAST's Tacoma Gallery
i love my aftermarket sound system i put in. it bumps and as for storage room... thats what the truck bed is for
Old 02-03-2010, 08:17 PM   #4
DTacoms is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTacoms is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTacoms is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTacoms is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTacoms is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTacoms is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTacoms is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTacoms is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTacoms is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTacoms is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTacoms is one of the sharper tools in the shed

DTacoms's Tacoma Gallery
I put stuffs like first aid kit, torque wrench, magazines, basic tools, paper towels, cleaning towels, etc. It's a lot of space actually.
Old 02-03-2010, 08:21 PM   #5
MAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

MAXTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Yes all my storage is filled. Air Compressor, craftsman tool kit, flashling, 2 hitches (2inch, 2 5/16 inch) gloves, paper towels, blanket, bottles of water, a/c converter, rope, 2 ratchet tie downs, and HD jumper cables.
Old 02-03-2010, 08:21 PM   #6
GA_TACO4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGA_TACO4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGA_TACO4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGA_TACO4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGA_TACO4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGA_TACO4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGA_TACO4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGA_TACO4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGA_TACO4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGA_TACO4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGA_TACO4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

GA_TACO4x4's Tacoma Gallery
i keep a pair of boxers and socks back there...never know when you'll need clean underwear.
Old 02-03-2010, 08:25 PM   #7
ktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ktmrider's Tacoma Gallery
like 2 cases of water
Old 02-03-2010, 08:27 PM   #8
ASH is a splendid one to beholdASH is a splendid one to beholdASH is a splendid one to beholdASH is a splendid one to beholdASH is a splendid one to beholdASH is a splendid one to beholdASH is a splendid one to beholdASH is a splendid one to behold

ASH's Tacoma Gallery
Right now I've got my owners manual and a first aid kit behind my rear seats. However, I'm thinking of removing the plastic molding on both sides so I can store a shotgun back there from time to time.
Old 02-03-2010, 08:31 PM   #10
flyingface is a name known to allflyingface is a name known to allflyingface is a name known to allflyingface is a name known to allflyingface is a name known to allflyingface is a name known to all

Name: Zach
flyingface's Tacoma Gallery
Yep. I've got a battery charger stashed in there, driver's side, and in under the seat is an extension cord for it. I have used it twice in the past 2 months helping folks, and can use it if the plane's battery is ever dead.
If I ever do a sound system I will definitely make it so that I still have some interior storage.
Old 02-03-2010, 08:38 PM   #12
Grease Monkey
glandnut will become famous soon enoughglandnut will become famous soon enough

glandnut's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ASH View Post
Right now I've got my owners manual and a first aid kit behind my rear seats. However, I'm thinking of removing the plastic molding on both sides so I can store a shotgun back there from time to time.
Wouldn't that fit the full length of the underseat bins?
Old 02-03-2010, 08:39 PM   #13
topgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zack
topgun155's Tacoma Gallery
I have mine about filled with crap I might need oneday
Old 02-03-2010, 08:43 PM   #14
Wax nostalgic.
Jon M is a name known to allJon M is a name known to allJon M is a name known to allJon M is a name known to allJon M is a name known to allJon M is a name known to all

Army: Commo - 31U. Ft. Benning, GA.
Jon M's Tacoma Gallery
Tie downs, tow rope, first aid kit, tools, 4-way tire iron, jumper cables, etc etc
Old 02-03-2010, 08:45 PM   #15
ASH is a splendid one to beholdASH is a splendid one to beholdASH is a splendid one to beholdASH is a splendid one to beholdASH is a splendid one to beholdASH is a splendid one to beholdASH is a splendid one to beholdASH is a splendid one to behold

ASH's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by glandnut View Post
Wouldn't that fit the full length of the underseat bins?
I tried with a full stock Remington 870 (18" barrel) but it was pretty tight; The molded mount for the jack was in the way. I also think the storage behind the rear seats offer easier access whereas the compartments below the seats require you to manually open them from both sides of the truck.
Old 02-03-2010, 08:46 PM   #16
Cuz Stock Sucks
amaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Alex
amaes's Tacoma Gallery
I only use those normally. Sometimes I wish I didn't have the JBL kit because I would like more storage on the passenger side.
Old 02-03-2010, 08:46 PM   #17
Wasatch Quad is on a distinguished road
Wasatch Quad's Tacoma Gallery
Nobody stores shit wipe back there???
Old 02-03-2010, 08:52 PM   #18
Silver_Taco is a name known to allSilver_Taco is a name known to allSilver_Taco is a name known to allSilver_Taco is a name known to allSilver_Taco is a name known to allSilver_Taco is a name known to all

Navy:
Silver_Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by amaes View Post
I only use those normally. Sometimes I wish I didn't have the JBL kit because I would like more storage on the passenger side.
454 raging bull .44, paper towels & a football pump.
Old 02-03-2010, 08:55 PM   #19
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
I couldn't live without the storage. Tow rope, jumper cables, first aid, tie downs, fire extinguisher, and a bunch of random tools.

BTW if you need to store smaler tools back there, I saw a post that said that an old military-issue ammo box fits perfect. I bought one and, sure enough...it's the perfect toolbox.
Old 02-03-2010, 08:56 PM   #20
Cuz Stock Sucks
amaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Alex
amaes's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver_Taco View Post
454 raging bull .44, paper towels & a football pump.
I have bunggies, A tow strap and first aid kit in mine. but the other has a lot more stuff.