Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Seems like everybody is looking for these!!!!!!!!

Old 04-02-2008, 11:02 PM   #22
FMLYHM
zmtnbik has a spectacular aura aboutzmtnbik has a spectacular aura aboutzmtnbik has a spectacular aura about

zmtnbik's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhodge83 View Post
285/70/17's are not stock. the stock tires on a offroad are 265/70/16's (i think) which are under 31"s tall. his 285/70/17's are classified as 33x11.5x17's....and if u run ur cursor over the "4x4 trf off-road" under his info, u'll see that truck is far from stock...just fyi
THANK YOU...Tieman411 just proved what an Id10t he is if he things 285/70/17's are STOCK! The converted tire size is actually 32.7" x 11.2, but the BFG MT KM2's run a little larger than your BFG AT's in the same size, so they are a lot closer than 33".

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndcouch
i know dropping the differential will help withthe CV angles, but will that help with the alignment (caster, camber etc...)? i think i need to do it either way, i just know it helps with the extreme CV angles after a lift, does it help with anything else?
This will help with your CV angles ONLY, and not with alignment, you will still need an alignment after lift. Upper Control Arms will help get your caster within in OEM specs, which is what you want, without them they can get it close, but not within specs. Of course if you listen to Tieman, you don't want to be within specs anyway.
Old 04-03-2008, 05:45 AM   #23
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by zmtnbik View Post
Of course if you listen to Tieman, you don't want to be within specs anyway.
Where'd he go anyway? I was seriously curious to know what was included with the stabilizer kit..... it's a neat thing, just WAY too expensive. Hell - you could probably fabricate your own setup like that if you could find where to buy the shorty shock.
Old 04-03-2008, 06:32 AM   #24
Radical Town. It's a hell of a place!
nd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these parts

Name: Nate
nd's Tacoma Gallery
thanks for the feedback guys. where do you recomend getting an UCA and how much do they typically run?
Old 04-03-2008, 12:18 PM   #25
tieman411 is on a distinguished road
tieman411's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janster View Post
Where'd he go anyway? I was seriously curious to know what was included with the stabilizer kit..... it's a neat thing, just WAY too expensive. Hell - you could probably fabricate your own setup like that if you could find where to buy the shorty shock.

Everyone can talk all the shit they want. The bottom line is Stablizers work my drives straigtht with 33x12.5x18 Toyo MT Tires are balanced caster is good camber is good the steering wheel was just wandering when you hit grooves in the road the stablizers now dampin that way down feels more solid when steering into driveways, speedbumps or whatever. I could give a shit less what fricken tire size who ever has I am telling what I have and what the outcome was. JANSTER you can get this kit for like 160.00 but it's a little tricky to install. If you got the right tools your good.
Old 04-03-2008, 01:09 PM   #26
Radical Town. It's a hell of a place!
nd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these parts

Name: Nate
nd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by phantom View Post
i would like to apologige to tieman411

he does 5 post here and gets things like this

it is one thing to have a heated discussion but think it went over the line a bit !!!!!
everyone has their ideas ( yep me included) but think it got a bit too hot here
and it is NOT the way we meet and greet new TW members !!

i am glad you did come back, this does not happen here and i am sorry!
aren't you too old for ideas? i think you are thinking of senility! BAM!!! sorry, i couldnt help it
Old 04-03-2008, 03:18 PM   #27
Unapologetic Texan
sawdust is a splendid one to beholdsawdust is a splendid one to beholdsawdust is a splendid one to beholdsawdust is a splendid one to beholdsawdust is a splendid one to beholdsawdust is a splendid one to beholdsawdust is a splendid one to behold

sawdust's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by phantom View Post
ya i got this ongoing idea about miss march, just can't remember what i am suppose to do next
Well, now that it's April, it's only natural to miss January, miss February, and miss March. You'll miss April in another month.
Old 04-03-2008, 04:46 PM   #28
Its all good no worries
Old 04-03-2008, 08:16 PM   #29
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Janster's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tieman411 View Post
Its all good no worries
Seriously.... give us more info. Who's making it? When will it be available? Got any links about it?

You first said $350 and now you're saying $160.

If you're gonna throw us a bone - you gotta let us know how we can chew on it.
Old 04-03-2008, 08:38 PM   #30
Enjoying my addiction
roxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

roxspin72's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to roxspin72
Thumbs down

Quote:
Everyone can talk all the shit they want. The bottom line is Stablizers work my drives straigtht with 33x12.5x18 Toyo MT Tires are balanced caster is good camber is good the steering wheel was just wandering when you hit grooves in the road the stablizers now dampin that way down feels more solid when steering into driveways, speedbumps or whatever. I could give a shit less what fricken tire size who ever has I am telling what I have and what the outcome was. JANSTER you can get this kit for like 160.00 but it's a little tricky to install. If you got the right tools your good.
Cant we all get ALONG!!!

Ha Ha, but in all seriousness, this site rocks above the rest because of the members. I have tried the others, by just browsing through, and even logged on. But, when you read post with tons of negativity, and rude comments, I'm like damn,,, I mite have asked a dumn question, or posted in wrong section, but if you think hard, how much time did it take to target that post with a neg comment, that maybe we could have used that time to educate or inform,.

Thats why I'm here. I know what I want to do, just want to make sure it's not a bad, or irriversable idea, LOL..

In closing, lets not deter future Tacoma owners or even current, that stumble upon this great site to say, "Damn, if I post, will I be today's target of ridicule or will I find the answer I'm looking for?"
Old 04-03-2008, 08:53 PM   #31
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janster View Post
Seriously.... give us more info. Who's making it? When will it be available? Got any links about it?

You first said $350 and now you're saying $160.

If you're gonna throw us a bone - you gotta let us know how we can chew on it.
The Company who makes this kit is FABTECH the shocks are even stamped fabtech. they will be releasing shortly or just call fabtech its no secret just no one has them yet. The company Custom Motorsports who lifted my truck has an IN with fabtech and the got them quick. They said retail was like 350+ I said hell no and since i spent 5400.00 on rims tires 6" lift DIRT LOGICs Coilover's rear shocks installed....I said hook me up and I paid much less. 160 price is YOU install.
Old 04-04-2008, 09:38 AM   #32
Old & Forgetful

Janster's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
The Company who makes this kit is FABTECH the shocks are even stamped fabtech. they will be releasing shortly or just call fabtech its no secret just no one has them yet. The company Custom Motorsports who lifted my truck has an IN with fabtech and the got them quick. They said retail was like 350+ I said hell no and since i spent 5400.00 on rims tires 6" lift DIRT LOGICs Coilover's rear shocks installed....I said hook me up and I paid much less. 160 price is YOU install.
Thanks - seriously. It's a neat product. I can't say I'd get one for myself (I don't plan on lifting my truck). I've never seen anything like that - and its pretty inovative and something new. New is always good.
Old 04-04-2008, 09:53 AM   #33
06tacoma is on a distinguished road

06tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
tieman411 i know what you mean about wondering my truck does it all the time even right after i got an alignment from toyota its just the groves in the road keep us posted when they are on the market
Old 04-04-2008, 03:15 PM   #34
My hair is all natural
lsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hotdog
lsocoee's Tacoma Gallery
Did somebody piss in the TW coffee post this morning??? Everyone here needs to take a qualude.

Edit: Don't do drugs. Just go to ttora and get the a**hole out of your system.
Old 04-04-2008, 09:39 PM   #35
Mod Master
pb2themax is a jewel in the roughpb2themax is a jewel in the roughpb2themax is a jewel in the rough

pb2themax's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ndcouch View Post
i feel like i need them after i got my 5100's installed. my steering wheel seems to "wander" more now and i have to constantly correct to keep it in the lane. will this help out with taht problem?
That's bump steer. It's from the suspension lift changing the angle of your steering linkage.

Fixing this would be pretty easy. Somebody just need to manufacture a flip kit, so that the steering would attach to the top of the spindle, instead of on the bottom.
Old 04-04-2008, 10:44 PM   #36
Quote:
Originally Posted by pb2themax View Post
That's bump steer. It's from the suspension lift changing the angle of your steering linkage.

Fixing this would be pretty easy. Somebody just need to manufacture a flip kit, so that the steering would attach to the top of the spindle, instead of on the bottom.
Hey pb2themax, I saw your truck on Car domaine you do really clean work! I can see you spend many hours in the garage!! I can tell your very picky and meticulous about your mods. I wanted to ask you a couple of questions. 1st Where did you get that Toyota Bezel for the Stereo so clean like factory. What Brand stereo? does it have NAV,DVD,and back up camera all in one unit? I saw your custom back up cam very nice. My truck has the JBL 6 disc with steering wheel controls i guess i would lose the controls huh?? 2nd Did the Drive line really help I dont really notice vibration??
Old 04-05-2008, 06:40 AM   #37
Devout Atheist
piercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jon
piercedtiger's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to piercedtiger
Quote:
Hey pb2themax, I saw your truck on Car domaine you do really clean work! I can see you spend many hours in the garage!! I can tell your very picky and meticulous about your mods. I wanted to ask you a couple of questions. 1st Where did you get that Toyota Bezel for the Stereo so clean like factory. What Brand stereo? does it have NAV,DVD,and back up camera all in one unit? I saw your custom back up cam very nice. My truck has the JBL 6 disc with steering wheel controls i guess i would lose the controls huh?? 2nd Did the Drive line really help I dont really notice vibration??
Search crutchfield for an adapter for the steering wheel controls. You can add them to many stereos. PAC-something I think... Can't remember the name of it now, but search around. You'll find it.