1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Seems like everybody is looking for these!!!!!!!!

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by tieman411, Mar 31, 2008.

1. Apr 2, 2008 at 10:17 PM
    CtryBoyInMT

CtryBoyInMT Lifetime Member

Member:
    United States of America
    Vehicle:
    2008 4WD V6 Access Manual TRD Off-Road
    Tinted windows, Rear locker anytime, Secondary filter delete, Parking light activated Fog lights, USA▪Spec Ipod adapter, Map light mod, Relocated 7-Blade, Warn Trans4mer Brushguard & winch, Tire chains, Homelink© installed in headliner, LED lighted 4x4 Switch, Defrost w/o A/C, Heated mirrors, Bilstein 5100's (1.75") & Rear TSB, 50w Reverse lights, Pratt & Whitney PT6A-68, Will this list ever end???
    Why is it Steering stabilizer wasn't my first thought clicking on the topic?:confused:

2. Apr 2, 2008 at 11:02 PM
    zmtnbik

zmtnbik FMLYHM

Member:
    Vehicle:
    4x4 Trd Off-road
    Donahoe (Icon) C/O, TC UCA's, Dakar leafs, BilStein 5125's, 285/70/17 BFG MT KM2's, Raceline Renegade 17x9's, u-bolt flip kit, debadged, TRD CAI, TRD exhaust, URD MAF controller, 20% front window tint, 3M clear bra on bumper, cam locks in all storage compartments, fog light mod, Alpine X100 deck, Co
    THANK YOU...Tieman411 just proved what an Id10t he is if he things 285/70/17's are STOCK! The converted tire size is actually 32.7" x 11.2, but the BFG MT KM2's run a little larger than your BFG AT's in the same size, so they are a lot closer than 33".

This will help with your CV angles ONLY, and not with alignment, you will still need an alignment after lift. Upper Control Arms will help get your caster within in OEM specs, which is what you want, without them they can get it close, but not within specs. Of course if you listen to Tieman, you don't want to be within specs anyway. :D

3. Apr 3, 2008 at 5:45 AM
    Janster

Janster Old & Forgetful

Member:
    First Name:
    Jandy
    Lancaster, PA
    Vehicle:
    2016 GMC Canyon SLT w/ LineX and....
    Where'd he go anyway? I was seriously curious to know what was included with the stabilizer kit..... it's a neat thing, just WAY too expensive. Hell - you could probably fabricate your own setup like that if you could find where to buy the shorty shock.

4. Apr 3, 2008 at 6:32 AM
    nd

nd Radical Town. It's a hell of a place!

Member:
    First Name:
    Nate
    Greenville, SC
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Off-Road 4x4 debadged
    De badged, 5100's, Black Toyota Baja wheels
    thanks for the feedback guys. where do you recomend getting an UCA and how much do they typically run?

5. Apr 3, 2008 at 12:18 PM
    tieman411

tieman411 [OP] Member

Member:
    Orange County
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD PreRunner SR5
    6" Fabtech with Coilovers, Dirt Logics 2.0 in the rear.

Everyone can talk all the shit they want. The bottom line is Stablizers work my drives straigtht with 33x12.5x18 Toyo MT Tires are balanced caster is good camber is good the steering wheel was just wandering when you hit grooves in the road the stablizers now dampin that way down feels more solid when steering into driveways, speedbumps or whatever. I could give a shit less what fricken tire size who ever has I am telling what I have and what the outcome was. JANSTER you can get this kit for like 160.00 but it's a little tricky to install. If you got the right tools your good.

6. Apr 3, 2008 at 1:09 PM
    nd

nd Radical Town. It's a hell of a place!

Member:
    First Name:
    Nate
    Greenville, SC
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Off-Road 4x4 debadged
    De badged, 5100's, Black Toyota Baja wheels
    aren't you too old for ideas? i think you are thinking of senility! BAM!!! sorry, i couldnt help it :)

7. Apr 3, 2008 at 3:18 PM
    sawdust

sawdust Unapologetic Texan

Member:
    Frisco, TX
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Offroad Radiant Red V6 Auto DC
    Homelink mirror, tailgate lock, 2ndary air filter removal, Access LE tonneau, Bugflector II, hitch-based bed extender, vent visors, suspension TSB, stall mat
    Well, now that it's April, it's only natural to miss January, miss February, and miss March. You'll miss April in another month.

8. Apr 3, 2008 at 4:46 PM
    tieman411

tieman411 [OP] Member

Member:
    Orange County
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD PreRunner SR5
    Its all good no worries

9. Apr 3, 2008 at 8:16 PM
    Janster

Janster Old & Forgetful

Member:
    First Name:
    Jandy
    Lancaster, PA
    Vehicle:
    Seriously.... give us more info. Who's making it? When will it be available? Got any links about it?

You first said $350 and now you're saying $160.

If you're gonna throw us a bone - you gotta let us know how we can chew on it.
    ;)

10. Apr 3, 2008 at 8:38 PM
    roxspin72

roxspin72 Enjoying my addiction

Member:
    NC
    Vehicle:
    Speedway Blue, TRD, 4X4,
    Oh Yeah!!!
    Cant we all get ALONG!!!

Ha Ha, but in all seriousness, this site rocks above the rest because of the members. I have tried the others, by just browsing through, and even logged on. But, when you read post with tons of negativity, and rude comments, I'm like damn,,, I mite have asked a dumn question, or posted in wrong section, but if you think hard, how much time did it take to target that post with a neg comment, that maybe we could have used that time to educate or inform,.:rolleyes:

Thats why I'm here. I know what I want to do, just want to make sure it's not a bad, or irriversable idea, LOL..

In closing, lets not deter future Tacoma owners or even current, that stumble upon this great site to say, "Damn, if I post, will I be today's target of ridicule or will I find the answer I'm looking for?"

11. Apr 3, 2008 at 8:53 PM
    tieman411

tieman411 [OP] Member

Member:
    Orange County
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD PreRunner SR5
    The Company who makes this kit is FABTECH the shocks are even stamped fabtech. they will be releasing shortly or just call fabtech its no secret just no one has them yet. The company Custom Motorsports who lifted my truck has an IN with fabtech and the got them quick. They said retail was like 350+ I said hell no and since i spent 5400.00 on rims tires 6" lift DIRT LOGICs Coilover's rear shocks installed....I said hook me up and I paid much less. 160 price is YOU install.:)

12. Apr 4, 2008 at 9:38 AM
    Janster

Janster Old & Forgetful

Member:
    First Name:
    Jandy
    Lancaster, PA
    Vehicle:
    Thanks - seriously. It's a neat product. I can't say I'd get one for myself (I don't plan on lifting my truck). I've never seen anything like that - and its pretty inovative and something new. New is always good.

13. Apr 4, 2008 at 9:53 AM
    06tacoma

06tacoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    Tampa FL
    Vehicle:
    06 PreRunner SR5 XS-P Trd Longbed Double Cab
    20" enkei wheel,BFG G-Force tires, BHLM, Smoked tail lights, 2 RE Audio 10s, Quantom 900watt amp,10000K HIDs headlights and fog lamps,Borla exhaust, Borla drop in filter,Debadged tailgate,Painted black tacoma badges
    tieman411 i know what you mean about wondering my truck does it all the time even right after i got an alignment from toyota its just the groves in the road keep us posted when they are on the market

14. Apr 4, 2008 at 3:15 PM
    Hotdog

Hotdog My hair is all natural Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    Hotdog
    Vehicle:
    2007 PreRunner SR5 Double Cab
    Wet Okole Underwear
    Did somebody piss in the TW coffee post this morning??? Everyone here needs to take a qualude.

Edit: Don't do drugs. Just go to ttora and get the a**hole out of your system.

15. Apr 4, 2008 at 9:39 PM
    pb2themax

pb2themax Mod Master

Member:
    Vehicle:
    TRD Sport 4x4
    That's bump steer. It's from the suspension lift changing the angle of your steering linkage.

Fixing this would be pretty easy. Somebody just need to manufacture a flip kit, so that the steering would attach to the top of the spindle, instead of on the bottom.

16. Apr 4, 2008 at 10:44 PM
    tieman411

tieman411 [OP] Member

Member:
    Orange County
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD PreRunner SR5
    Hey pb2themax, I saw your truck on Car domaine you do really clean work! I can see you spend many hours in the garage!! I can tell your very picky and meticulous about your mods. I wanted to ask you a couple of questions. 1st Where did you get that Toyota Bezel for the Stereo so clean like factory. What Brand stereo? does it have NAV,DVD,and back up camera all in one unit? I saw your custom back up cam very nice. My truck has the JBL 6 disc with steering wheel controls i guess i would lose the controls huh?? 2nd Did the Drive line really help I dont really notice vibration??

17. Apr 5, 2008 at 6:40 AM
    piercedtiger

piercedtiger Devout Atheist

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    Southern Tier, NY
    Vehicle:
    2015 F150 3.5EB SCEW 6.5ft
    Search crutchfield for an adapter for the steering wheel controls. You can add them to many stereos. PAC-something I think... Can't remember the name of it now, but search around. You'll find it.

Products Discussed in

To Top