Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Buying a new 2010 double cab Off road tacoma

Old 02-04-2010, 09:28 AM   #1
JUJtacoma2010 is on a distinguished road
JUJtacoma2010's Tacoma Gallery
Buying a new 2010 double cab Off road tacoma

I am going to buy a new truck this weekend. Should I be worried about the transmission problem that some of the folks here are talking about? is there any other things I should be looking for or ask the dealer?

btw, I am new to this forum and hoping to get some good advice.
Old 02-04-2010, 09:32 AM   #2
ekard is a glorious beacon of lightekard is a glorious beacon of lightekard is a glorious beacon of lightekard is a glorious beacon of lightekard is a glorious beacon of lightekard is a glorious beacon of light

ekard's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome!

I bought my 2010 in mid December and haven't had any transmission issues. You should be fine at this point unless the truck has been sitting on the lot for a long time.

But you can always print out the TSB form and check the VIN numbers to be sure.
Old 02-04-2010, 09:34 AM   #3
motopilot is on a distinguished road

motopilot's Tacoma Gallery
I just bought an TRDSport DC and very happy so far. Best thing I can say is I got the price I wanted as its only 1 of a couple of cars they car sell right now. Also in the southeast they are offering $750 discount to dealers on tacoma so I brought that up when discussing price. Most people do not know about it and its not advertised.
Old 02-04-2010, 09:47 AM   #4
JUJtacoma2010 is on a distinguished road
JUJtacoma2010's Tacoma Gallery
Is there a link on this website that has all the TSB
Old 02-04-2010, 09:58 AM   #5
Must go to Mountains, Desert
Crom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mr. Sir
Crom's Tacoma Gallery
I wouldn't worry about it since you know there is a fix if the issue appears in your truck.

The Tacoma is awesome.

Welcome to the TW community and don't forget to check out the free/cheap mod thread, which should keep you busy for a while.
Old 02-04-2010, 09:59 AM   #6
ASH is a splendid one to beholdASH is a splendid one to beholdASH is a splendid one to beholdASH is a splendid one to beholdASH is a splendid one to beholdASH is a splendid one to beholdASH is a splendid one to beholdASH is a splendid one to behold

ASH's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome. I bought my 2010 TRD Off Road DC on 12/1 and I did experience transmission and harsh ride issues right off the bat.

With the many resources available on the forum, however, I became aware of two TSB's that corrected both of these issues.

Here they are:

T-SB-0305-08.pdf

T-SB-0393-09.pdf
Old 02-04-2010, 10:05 AM   #7
I've got so much soul in me that I'm barely alive.
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
get them to fix the TSB's before you sign anything. Also haggle with them! talk them into some free window tint or extra D rings for the rails, or maybe a bed mat! usually they wont mind if your buying a brand new truck!
When I bought mine used I had my dealer thrown in some extra D rings. I know its not much but hey, they are working for YOUR dollar. make them earn it.
Old 02-04-2010, 12:29 PM   #8
David K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shed

David K's Tacoma Gallery
Got my 2010 4WD DC TRD Off Road Dec. 6...

Having fun... My 3rd Tacoma, rear springs are stiffer and don't bottom-out like the '05 did (still only 3 leafs, but different for sure).

Have 3,000 miles on it now. Only one problem... a tranny fluid drip, fixed with new o-ring where speedometer cable attaches to tranny/ transfer case area.

The new traction control features are dynamite... It is a tractor now... no getting stuck (easily)!

Enjoy it!
Old 02-04-2010, 12:36 PM   #9
Devildoc is a splendid one to beholdDevildoc is a splendid one to beholdDevildoc is a splendid one to beholdDevildoc is a splendid one to beholdDevildoc is a splendid one to beholdDevildoc is a splendid one to beholdDevildoc is a splendid one to behold
Navy: 2/4 5th REG, 1st Mar Div
Devildoc's Tacoma Gallery
Got mine fix today and it seem to be running alot smoother. Just make sure to have the dealer to update or reflush your ECM if needed. Look up the VIN# affected. It should already been updated if your buying a new Taco.
Old 02-04-2010, 12:52 PM   #10
kbaum08 will become famous soon enough
kbaum08's Tacoma Gallery
What transmission problem, it is a software issue that is easily corrected. You can read any vehicle's website and find people that are dissatisfied with some issue or non-issue you just need to decide in your mind if the postings on the website represent a widespread problem and how significant it is to you.
Old 02-04-2010, 03:55 PM   #11
Make mine a Double!
skistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud of

Navy:
Name: Mike
skistoy's Tacoma Gallery
There is no better truck, just have to get used to all the modern gagets