1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Totalled???

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by stinky_truck, Feb 4, 2010.

1. Feb 4, 2010 at 7:27 PM
    Kyouto42

Kyouto42 Iron Beard

Member:
    First Name:
    Jake
    Ahwatukee, AZ
    Vehicle:
    BSP '10 4x4 TRD Off-Road DC
    See build thread in signature
    Sucks man but they'll probably total it out if the frames gone, like everyone else said. All that armor and no underbody skids? If you had those you could have just drove away :D

Hope everyone was alright!

2. Feb 4, 2010 at 8:23 PM
    ofrd4fun

ofrd4fun Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vancouver BC
    Vehicle:
    05 DC 4x4
    FJ Cruiser wheels, air bags, 5100's @1.75, TC UCA's, bi-xenon HID's
    At least no one got hurt but sucks about your truck. If it was mine I'd hope it would be written off.

3. Feb 4, 2010 at 8:28 PM
    RPain

RPain Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Chandler, Arizona
    Vehicle:
    2016 Tacoma DCSB 4x4 TRD Sport
    Link to build in sig
    brings tears to my eyes...

4. Feb 4, 2010 at 8:28 PM
    Fluffymonkey

Fluffymonkey Token

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    College Station, TX
    Vehicle:
    2013 Trd Sport DC, 07 DC sr5, 03 Prerunner
    2003: Stock 2007: Avid Offroad sliders, 30% front tint, bed mat, Truxedo low-pro qt tonneu cover, aero turbine 2525 muffler w/ 8'' tip, AR25 Resonator, 16x8 Dick Cepek DC-1 w/ 265/75 Goodyear Wrangler Duratracs, 2010 headlights, ome 884 coils with .5'' top plate spacer, OME sport front shocks, bilsten 5100s rear, 2'' aal, locking gas cap, LR ucas, Viper 2-way remote start, afe drop in filter, Rocky locking bike mounts, gear chest, scangauge, pop n lock tailgate lock 2013: most things transferred over from my 07, 5100s @ .85 + eibachs and Toytec tps for 3'' front lift, wheelers progressive aal w/ overload; compustar 2-way remote start; Antennex shorty antenna, pop n lock tailgate lock with programmable key, seat covers, Toyota's crappy all-weather floor mats (should have got Husky's or Weathertechs), TRD skid plate, led light pods mounted in front bumper valence w/ Eyourlife wireless harness and remote, led bed lights, light pods mounted in bed, Devil Horns emblem from Diaz Fabrications, rear facing pod lights in bed, under seat lights,
    Glad no one was hurt!

5. Feb 5, 2010 at 4:26 PM
    stinky_truck

stinky_truck [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    ryan
    i=13 miles currently @ 75,500 miles
    Vehicle:
    Plane Jane:4x4,6 speed, shortest bed,URD3SC
    front baja bbq hoop bumper and rear allpro bumper, URD SCIII,urd short throw & stg IIIclutch combo kit w/throwout, DDM Hid 4000k, icon frt (coil overs)& rear shocks (piggy back rez)& add a leaf.
    I appreciate all the support and insight! i walked away with shock, soreness in the neck and back.

My cuzon custom welded the huge rear bumper for me. as well with the side rails and frt bumper. i probably would of been towrn into 2 if it wasn't for them side rails. !

what exactly is comprehensive and collision ins? and liability on top of it. thats what ins have? i should of gotten the rental package.

i took out about half the guard rail. am i gonna have to pay out of pocket for that guard rail

6. Feb 5, 2010 at 7:44 PM
    Kyouto42

Kyouto42 Iron Beard

Member:
    First Name:
    Jake
    Ahwatukee, AZ
    Vehicle:
    BSP '10 4x4 TRD Off-Road DC
    See build thread in signature
    Comprehensive is for when the accident is at your fault, it's covered (for your vehicle).

Liability covers the other vehicles if you are at fault.

Most plans cover property damage, this will cover the guard rail/ect.

The best thing to do is review your plan, and talk with your agent. If your coverages are set correctly, little to nothing should be out of pocket. Of course, if you have deductibles (usually up to $1,000)... that may be out of pocket. If you're paid down more than you will receive from insurance, they'll take it out of the claim so you may have less or nothing out of pocket. It's kind of a game...

7. Feb 5, 2010 at 8:00 PM
    jacob_wood

jacob_wood Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jacob
    San Jose, CA (Nor-Cal)
    Vehicle:
    2010 SSM DCLB
    Glad no one was hurt and hope all goes well with insurance.

8. Feb 6, 2010 at 1:05 AM
    Gitmo

Gitmo Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Justin
    It looks as if it would've been better to slide off into the ditch rather then the rail.. That sucks that that happened man! From looks of it, it's hard to tell. I want to say it's totaled but then again it can go the other way.

9. Feb 6, 2010 at 9:11 AM
    RSH904

RSH904 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Akron, Oh
    Vehicle:
    Red and Black Attack
    Extang Trifecta Tonneau Painted Stock Wheels De Badged Yellow Fogs AVS Bugflector II UWS Running Boads Hunter Bully Bar HD Satoshi
    Collision covers your veh when you "collide with something" whether its your fault or not. All accidents non comprehensive fall in this category. Almost everyone has a coll deduct 100-1000

Comp is for "act of god" "out of your control type things. Ie animal hits, weather related -hail,tree, etc. Also covers vandalism. deduct 100-1000

Liability (Property damage) covers others if you damage their property. Other peoples vehs if you are at fault. Also fixed pd like yards, poles, fences. Also covers other peoples rental if you are at fault. No deduct for this covg.

Liability BI Bodily Injury covers others that you might hurt in an at fault accident. (not you) no deduct

Medpay covers your med bills (and related guests in the car) no deduct

Uninsured Motorist BI covers your injuries if an uninsured driver hits you.

Rental covg covers your rental while your car is in the shop. Most carriers cap this at 30 days.

" If you're paid down more than you will receive from insurance, they'll take it out of the claim so you may have less or nothing out of pocket. It's kind of a game" I have never heard of this. The company I work for regardless of what you have paid in premiums you owe your deduct/ end of story.

10. Feb 6, 2010 at 9:15 AM
    HBMurphy

HBMurphy Ban Pending

Member:
    First Name:
    Paul
    So California Coast
    Vehicle:
    09 Off Road Delete Model
    None
  11. Feb 6, 2010 at 9:21 AM
    swise

swise TRIFECTA!!!

Member:
    ohio
    Vehicle:
    08 4x4 dbl cab, TRD offroad
    Why would he want a 'used' anything to repair it with? What if its a 2 month old truck and you put a 2 year old part on it? Do customers have a right to demand new parts?

12. Feb 6, 2010 at 9:22 AM
    roddyrod72

roddyrod72 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Greenville, KY
    Vehicle:
    2018 MGM TRD OR DC 6MT
    ICON Stage 2 coilovers, ICON Rebound 17x8.5, SPC UCAs, Mickey Thompson Deegan 33s
    What about the 18 wheeler? Were you able to track him down? I would guess that if he was in your lane or whatever, and that being the reason you had to take the rail that he could/should be at fault.

13. Feb 6, 2010 at 9:47 AM
    RSH904

RSH904 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Akron, Oh
    Vehicle:
    Red and Black Attack
    Extang Trifecta Tonneau Painted Stock Wheels De Badged Yellow Fogs AVS Bugflector II UWS Running Boads Hunter Bully Bar HD Satoshi

If it is 2 months old or newer and pretty low miles then we generally only write new or remanufactured. As a policy we only used parts same year or newer. That being said if the truck has over 36K miles and I can find used part same year or newer thats what your getting. If you think about it. Your 2007 fender that is crushed is used right? And yes, customers can demand new OEM, and they can pay the difference in the price. Not my decision as an adjuster. If you have a policy with the company the policy says that we can use alternative parts when available.

Products Discussed in

To Top