Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

alright this is B.S.!

Old 04-01-2008, 04:55 PM   #1
TACOMAN22 will become famous soon enoughTACOMAN22 will become famous soon enough

TACOMAN22's Tacoma Gallery
alright this is B.S.!

went to my local tire-man shop because i know the guys there....wanted 900$$$$$for a set of nitto terra graplers 285/75/16 .....thats just not right should be around 5-6-7 hundred? and wanted 400 to install a 3" revtek spacer lift with AAL. If i could I would jsut do it myself if anyone in the ventura, CA area could help me out. Im only 17 but have access to a lift and spring compressor. I ANYONE IS WILLING TO HELP ILL PAY FOR YOUR GAS TO COME OUT AND GIVE ME A HAND!!! I just need someone to point me in the right direction. I hate getting ripped off because im yonug and it would be cool also to get to know my truck. thanks guys
Old 04-01-2008, 05:04 PM   #2
Carolina Alliance Costal Div
2003greenbean has much to be proud of2003greenbean has much to be proud of2003greenbean has much to be proud of2003greenbean has much to be proud of2003greenbean has much to be proud of2003greenbean has much to be proud of2003greenbean has much to be proud of2003greenbean has much to be proud of2003greenbean has much to be proud of

2003greenbean's Tacoma Gallery
i got my pro comp tires off ebay 620 285s
Old 04-01-2008, 05:15 PM   #3
NoN Affiliated RedNeck Rebel
kingfishndude is on a distinguished road

kingfishndude's Tacoma Gallery
I would check around on that lift
I got mine done by The Local Big O tire store for 265
That was lift and install + allignment And as for the tires shop around
should run you about 600 from most places
Hell If I lived a little closer and had more time on my hands I would
have been glad to help you out I hate to see anyone get ripped
Old 04-01-2008, 05:25 PM   #4
Enjoying my addiction
roxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

roxspin72's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to roxspin72
Yeah, I got my readylift for $190.00 and install was set at $120.00. Most places will go by set time of service. My lift was rated at 1 1/2 hours or so... Hell, 4 Whell parts will automatically charge you $118.00 per hour. Or at least that's what they quoted me for Bull bar lights install.

Just need to shop around.
Old 04-01-2008, 05:50 PM   #5
TACOMAN22 will become famous soon enoughTACOMAN22 will become famous soon enough

ya 4 wheel parts= ridiculous hahah i guess ill keep looking around for good tire shops that will install for around 150 because thats way more reasonable i mean 400 dollars and it should take around 2 hours thats 175/hr?!?!? what the hell? haha anyways i just found a family friend tha just might know how to do the lift he used to be military technician. hopefully this is my golden ticket and wont have to deal with those evil tire people
Old 04-01-2008, 06:51 PM   #6
Custom Tacoma bumpers & more for your offroad toy
RelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
RelentlessTaco's Tacoma Gallery
I bought a lift from xtremetrucktoys.com and it is a strut spacer, not a spring spacer so its easier and faster to install. i did mine myself in about 5 hours with basic tools in my dads garage, including the rear aal's, blocks and rear Bilsteins. its not really that hard, just follow directions. I know i'm off topic, but hey kingfishndude- where in southern oregon do you live? I need someone to show me some new places to go wheelin'.
BTW- xtremetrcktoys is in garden grove, Ca. dont know where that is exactly, but they'll do a complete kit install for $200. Also, check out tire rack and ebay for tires. I got some 32" BFG m/t's off ebay for 490 shipped to my door.
Old 04-01-2008, 07:21 PM   #7

just looked for the place in garden grove ...couldnt find it but the prices do look good online do you offroad? i dont know how these would hold up..
Old 04-01-2008, 10:09 PM   #9
668: The Neighbor of the Beast
Toy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chad
Toy4Life's Tacoma Gallery
Don't pay a shop to install that lift. If you have a little mechanical abillity and a couple friends willing to help you, you'll be able to install it at home. Just follow the directions. It is essentially bolt-on, you don't have to weld or fabricate anything. Like you said, it's a great way to learn your way around your truck. +, you save a couple hundred bucks to put towards other accessories and mods.
Old 04-01-2008, 10:30 PM   #10
FMLYHM
zmtnbik has a spectacular aura aboutzmtnbik has a spectacular aura aboutzmtnbik has a spectacular aura about

zmtnbik's Tacoma Gallery
Conejo Off-Road

If Conejo Off-Road is still around check with them. I've had them do a lot of work on previous trucks and they were always fair. They are in Thousand Oaks (Hampshire and TO Blvd)

Regarding the tires, search for a price online (Tire Rack), then see if you can get them at Discount Tire. They will price match, so whatever price you get online, they will meet/beat.
Old 04-01-2008, 11:43 PM   #11

good because i found a set of nitto terras for 563 shipped that should be a good price to beat i found a guy whos mechanincly inclined and were gonna tackle it i think im going to go with the lift that goes on top of the strut assembly...have you guys heard anything about these are they offroad worthy? also who knows of a good set of wheels that are reasonable
Old 04-02-2008, 04:40 AM   #12
Dutch will become famous soon enough
Dutch's Tacoma Gallery
I no longer have this lift, but it is not complicated. You will also need a pitman arm puller. Just basics to look at:

1. Don't damage the rear brake lines when installing the AAL's.
2. Center steering wheel when re-assembling front end.
3. Take for alignment.
4. Adjust headlights.
5. Mark front coil packs so as not to mix them up during process and make sure springs are seated properly before releasing compressor.

One additional thing to note and I don't know if anyone else had this problem, but after the differential drop, I had to add spacers for the skid plate mount that were not included in the kit or mentioned in the instructions.
Old 04-02-2008, 09:31 AM   #14
Dutch will become famous soon enough
Dutch's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TACOMAN22 View Post
where would i get these spacers?
I made them from 1/2" stainless steel pipe I brought home from work. They were fairly short so it did not take much. I also imagine you could make them from a short piece of galvanized conduit from Lowe's.
Old 04-02-2008, 12:14 PM   #15
668: The Neighbor of the Beast
Toy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chad
Toy4Life's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
where would i get these spacers?
Some lift kits include them. My Toytec kit came with aluminum spacers for the skid plate.
Old 04-02-2008, 12:18 PM   #16
Custom Tacoma bumpers & more for your offroad toy
RelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
RelentlessTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
just looked for the place in garden grove ...couldnt find it but the prices do look good online do you offroad? i dont know how these would hold up..
yeah, i go offroad. i have about 12200 miles on her so far and i havent had any problems yet.the spacers are machined billet aluminum and the aal says procomp right on it.
Old 04-02-2008, 04:33 PM   #17
concrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Shit deflector
concrete jedi's Tacoma Gallery
You'll spend $600.00 on Uniroyals, yuk !
Old 04-02-2008, 05:58 PM   #19
Devout Atheist
piercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jon
piercedtiger's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to piercedtiger
I installed my Toytec 3" spacer/AAL lift myself without help in about 5 hours. I had no suspension experience either. Just followed a writeup I found on Tundra Solutions. Air tools aren't required, but made it easier.
Old 04-02-2008, 08:02 PM   #20

how do you like those spacers ? do you offroad much i just cant seem to decide which 3" lift i want i wanna spend around 300