1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

alright this is B.S.!

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by TACOMAN22, Apr 1, 2008.

1. Apr 1, 2008 at 4:55 PM
    TACOMAN22

TACOMAN22 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    agoura hills
    Vehicle:
    Debadged TRD offroad, bhlm, black surround grill,
    K&N drop in air filter,flowmaster 40 series, blue interior neon, bhlm, color matched grill, alpine head unit w/ infinity reference series speakers, insane driver.....
    went to my local tire-man shop because i know the guys there....wanted 900$$$$$for a set of nitto terra graplers 285/75/16 .....thats just not right should be around 5-6-7 hundred? and wanted 400 to install a 3" revtek spacer lift with AAL. If i could I would jsut do it myself if anyone in the ventura, CA area could help me out. Im only 17 but have access to a lift and spring compressor. I ANYONE IS WILLING TO HELP ILL PAY FOR YOUR GAS TO COME OUT AND GIVE ME A HAND!!! I just need someone to point me in the right direction. I hate getting ripped off because im yonug and it would be cool also to get to know my truck. thanks guys

2. Apr 1, 2008 at 5:04 PM
    2003greenbean

2003greenbean Carolina Alliance Costal Div

Member:
    socaste,sc
    Vehicle:
    03 trd
    cold air intake, step bars, custom grill, 3in lift,12 in audiobahn sub, 285/75/16 procomp tires, 20% tint,
    i got my pro comp tires off ebay 620 285s

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
  3. Apr 1, 2008 at 5:15 PM
    kingfishndude

kingfishndude NoN Affiliated RedNeck Rebel

Member:
    Southern Oregon
    Vehicle:
    08 DBLE Cab Tacoma
    3" lift warn transformer grill guard m8000 winch Smitty built nerf bars TRD off road package full time fog mod daytime running lights Custom made tool box
    I would check around on that lift
    I got mine done by The Local Big O tire store for 265
    That was lift and install + allignment And as for the tires shop around
    should run you about 600 from most places
    Hell If I lived a little closer and had more time on my hands I would
    have been glad to help you out I hate to see anyone get ripped

4. Apr 1, 2008 at 5:25 PM
    roxspin72

roxspin72 Enjoying my addiction

Member:
    NC
    Vehicle:
    Speedway Blue, TRD, 4X4,
    Oh Yeah!!!
    Yeah, I got my readylift for $190.00 and install was set at $120.00. Most places will go by set time of service. My lift was rated at 1 1/2 hours or so... Hell, 4 Whell parts will automatically charge you $118.00 per hour. Or at least that's what they quoted me for Bull bar lights install.

Just need to shop around.

5. Apr 1, 2008 at 5:50 PM
    TACOMAN22

Member:
    agoura hills
    Vehicle:
    K&N drop in air filter,flowmaster 40 series, blue interior neon, bhlm, color matched grill, alpine head unit w/ infinity reference series speakers, insane driver.....
    ya 4 wheel parts= ridiculous hahah i guess ill keep looking around for good tire shops that will install for around 150 because thats way more reasonable i mean 400 dollars and it should take around 2 hours thats 175/hr?!?!? what the hell? haha anyways i just found a family friend tha just might know how to do the lift he used to be military technician. hopefully this is my golden ticket and wont have to deal with those evil tire people:crazy:

6. Apr 1, 2008 at 6:51 PM
    RelentlessFab

RelentlessFab Eric @Relentless Fab Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Sparks, NV
    Vehicle:
    07 AC 6mt>03 SR5 >08 Sport and 17 6MT TRD OR
    Relentless Armored! Too many others to list.
    I bought a lift from xtremetrucktoys.com and it is a strut spacer, not a spring spacer so its easier and faster to install. i did mine myself in about 5 hours with basic tools in my dads garage, including the rear aal's, blocks and rear Bilsteins. its not really that hard, just follow directions. I know i'm off topic, but hey kingfishndude- where in southern oregon do you live? I need someone to show me some new places to go wheelin'.
    BTW- xtremetrcktoys is in garden grove, Ca. dont know where that is exactly, but they'll do a complete kit install for $200. Also, check out tire rack and ebay for tires. I got some 32" BFG m/t's off ebay for 490 shipped to my door.

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
  7. Apr 1, 2008 at 7:21 PM
    TACOMAN22

Member:
    agoura hills
    Vehicle:
    just looked for the place in garden grove ...couldnt find it but the prices do look good online do you offroad? i dont know how these would hold up..

8. Apr 1, 2008 at 9:43 PM
    TACOMAN22

Member:
    agoura hills
    Vehicle:
  9. Apr 1, 2008 at 10:09 PM
    Toy4Life

Toy4Life 668: The Neighbor of the Beast

Member:
    First Name:
    Chad
    Slippery Rock, PA
    Vehicle:
    96 Subaru Outback 2.2 5mt
    92 4Runner SR5 3.0v6 4x4(sold) 02 Tacoma SR5 TRD Offroad 4x4 (sold)
    Don't pay a shop to install that lift. If you have a little mechanical abillity and a couple friends willing to help you, you'll be able to install it at home. Just follow the directions. It is essentially bolt-on, you don't have to weld or fabricate anything. Like you said, it's a great way to learn your way around your truck. +, you save a couple hundred bucks to put towards other accessories and mods.

10. Apr 1, 2008 at 10:30 PM
    zmtnbik

zmtnbik FMLYHM

Member:
    Vehicle:
    4x4 Trd Off-road
    Donahoe (Icon) C/O, TC UCA's, Dakar leafs, BilStein 5125's, 285/70/17 BFG MT KM2's, Raceline Renegade 17x9's, u-bolt flip kit, debadged, TRD CAI, TRD exhaust, URD MAF controller, 20% front window tint, 3M clear bra on bumper, cam locks in all storage compartments, fog light mod, Alpine X100 deck, Co
    If Conejo Off-Road is still around check with them. I've had them do a lot of work on previous trucks and they were always fair. They are in Thousand Oaks (Hampshire and TO Blvd)

Regarding the tires, search for a price online (Tire Rack), then see if you can get them at Discount Tire. They will price match, so whatever price you get online, they will meet/beat.

11. Apr 1, 2008 at 11:43 PM
    TACOMAN22

Member:
    agoura hills
    Vehicle:
    good because i found a set of nitto terras for 563 shipped that should be a good price to beat i found a guy whos mechanincly inclined and were gonna tackle it i think im going to go with the lift that goes on top of the strut assembly...have you guys heard anything about these are they offroad worthy? also who knows of a good set of wheels that are reasonable

12. Apr 2, 2008 at 4:40 AM
    Dutch

Dutch Well-Known Member

Member:
    Wilmington, NC
    Vehicle:
    07 4x4 Taco
    I no longer have this lift, but it is not complicated. You will also need a pitman arm puller. Just basics to look at:

1. Don't damage the rear brake lines when installing the AAL's.
    2. Center steering wheel when re-assembling front end.
    3. Take for alignment.
    4. Adjust headlights.
    5. Mark front coil packs so as not to mix them up during process and make sure springs are seated properly before releasing compressor.

One additional thing to note and I don't know if anyone else had this problem, but after the differential drop, I had to add spacers for the skid plate mount that were not included in the kit or mentioned in the instructions.

13. Apr 2, 2008 at 9:11 AM
    TACOMAN22

Member:
    agoura hills
    Vehicle:
    where would i get these spacers?

14. Apr 2, 2008 at 9:31 AM
    Dutch

Dutch Well-Known Member

Member:
    Wilmington, NC
    Vehicle:
    07 4x4 Taco
    I made them from 1/2" stainless steel pipe I brought home from work. They were fairly short so it did not take much. I also imagine you could make them from a short piece of galvanized conduit from Lowe's.

15. Apr 2, 2008 at 12:14 PM
    Toy4Life

Toy4Life 668: The Neighbor of the Beast

Member:
    First Name:
    Chad
    Slippery Rock, PA
    Vehicle:
    96 Subaru Outback 2.2 5mt
    92 4Runner SR5 3.0v6 4x4(sold) 02 Tacoma SR5 TRD Offroad 4x4 (sold)
    Some lift kits include them. My Toytec kit came with aluminum spacers for the skid plate.

16. Apr 2, 2008 at 12:18 PM
    RelentlessFab

RelentlessFab Eric @Relentless Fab Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Sparks, NV
    Vehicle:
    07 AC 6mt>03 SR5 >08 Sport and 17 6MT TRD OR
    Relentless Armored! Too many others to list.
    yeah, i go offroad. i have about 12200 miles on her so far and i havent had any problems yet.the spacers are machined billet aluminum and the aal says procomp right on it.

17. Apr 2, 2008 at 4:33 PM
    concrete jedi

concrete jedi Well-Known Member

Member:
    Rochester N.Y
    Vehicle:
    06 Tacoma 4 door indigo blue
    Broken and scratched tailgate, cracked rear tail light lens, coffee stain in driver seat.
    You'll spend $600.00 on Uniroyals, yuk !

18. Apr 2, 2008 at 4:58 PM
    TACOMAN22

Member:
    agoura hills
    Vehicle:
    no....nitto terra grapplers.....??

19. Apr 2, 2008 at 5:58 PM
    piercedtiger

piercedtiger Devout Atheist

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    Southern Tier, NY
    Vehicle:
    2015 F150 3.5EB SCEW 6.5ft
    I installed my Toytec 3" spacer/AAL lift myself without help in about 5 hours. I had no suspension experience either. Just followed a writeup I found on Tundra Solutions. Air tools aren't required, but made it easier. :D

20. Apr 2, 2008 at 8:02 PM
    TACOMAN22

Member:
    agoura hills
    Vehicle:
    how do you like those spacers ? do you offroad much i just cant seem to decide which 3" lift i want i wanna spend around 300

Products Discussed in

To Top