Notices

Paid off

Old 04-02-2008, 11:20 AM   #21
2-Broke 2-Care
flavalk is on a distinguished road

flavalk's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by HardCase View Post
That's exactly what I started doing about 10 years ago. I'd paid off a vehicle and had grown accustomed to making a roughly $400 per month vehicle payment, something I'd been doing with fair regularity for a number of years, so just kept putting that same amount, since I had already "budgeted" for it, into a special savings account that I named my "Car Account". Later I poked it into a money-market account with a brokerage house in order to make more interest. Since that time I've bought two new and one used vehicle by paying cash, haven't made a car-payment to a creditor in a decade, but I keep making that payment to myself!! Feels good, plus the money is there if a guy ever needed it for some real emergency. I become increasingly convinced that with the economy as uncertain as it seems to be at present, the only legitimate form of indebtedness, certainly in any sort of long-term sense, is one's home mortgage.....and even that can be shakey as we have seen lately, at least under some circumstances and/or in certain parts of the country.

You sir are a smart man. Thats exactly how it should be done....if you can.
Old 04-02-2008, 04:23 PM   #22
concrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Shit deflector
concrete jedi's Tacoma Gallery
The Tacos are good looking trucks, but the best looking Taco is one that is paid off ! Congrats ! In under a year, that's impressive.