Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Paid off

Old 04-01-2008, 06:09 PM   #1
jpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: NDT/QA
Name: Jimmy
jpmorrisvb's Tacoma Gallery
Paid off

I pulled the trigger tonight and paid off my truckin less than a year!

Damn that feels good. (Credit Union in yellow ... me in blue)

Old 04-01-2008, 06:29 PM   #2
missileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shed
missileman125fw's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpmorrisvb View Post

Congratulations, I know it feels good to pay off a vehicle early!
Old 04-01-2008, 07:07 PM   #4
Bourbon
EquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Casey
EquinsuOcha's Tacoma Gallery
Congratulations! I remember how good it felt to pay off my bike; I paid of a 5 year loan in just over 3 years.
Old 04-01-2008, 07:15 PM   #5
My hair is all natural
lsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hotdog
lsocoee's Tacoma Gallery
Old 04-01-2008, 07:19 PM   #6
jpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shed

missileman125fw ... where in Northeast Florida? I lived in Fernandina Beach on Amelia Island some time ago.
Old 04-01-2008, 07:42 PM   #8
Founder Socaltacomas.com
SocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve-0
SocalMan22's Tacoma Gallery
You really wanted people to know you paid your truck off saw your thread on toyota nation congrats man.
Old 04-01-2008, 09:01 PM   #9
aaron15 is on a distinguished road
aaron15's Tacoma Gallery
hey guys....im only 18 so i dont know much about whats going on...but can you guys elaborate on how he paid off his truck early?? I know my did is paying off my car but i don't know how long its going to take!
Old 04-01-2008, 09:22 PM   #10
buyobuyo is just really nicebuyobuyo is just really nicebuyobuyo is just really nicebuyobuyo is just really nicebuyobuyo is just really nice

buyobuyo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaron15 View Post
hey guys....im only 18 so i dont know much about whats going on...but can you guys elaborate on how he paid off his truck early?? I know my did is paying off my car but i don't know how long its going to take!
You pay off the loan early by making larger payments than what is do each month. The extra goes toward the principal, so in the long run you save money by paying less interest.

As to how long it will take your dad to payoff your truck, that depends on the length of the initial loan, and if he's making larger payments than he has to.
Old 04-01-2008, 09:22 PM   #11
Living vicariously through mjp2
eordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ed
eordonez's Tacoma Gallery
Congrats Man!, im planning to do the same in a 2 yr or less basis..... im supposed to pay it in 4 year but hell no, the interest rate in toyota financial services down here is 19-20% annual.... debt suck ass! but the taco is well worth it
Old 04-01-2008, 10:10 PM   #12
Krp2nite is on a distinguished road
Krp2nite's Tacoma Gallery
congrats

I know the feeling, I spent alot of years paying off vehicles before and ain't planning on doing that again any time soon. I bought this one cash. I just save a smalll amount each month like I was making a payment anyway and hopefully by the time I wear this one out I can do the same thing again. Feels good though knowing that you own something huhh! Now if I could just get out of my mortgage as easily.
Old 04-01-2008, 10:32 PM   #13
CDonC is on a distinguished road
CDonC's Tacoma Gallery
Congrats! That must feel really well, I've had my F-150 for a few months now and paid off almost 2 years worth of payments on a 5 year loan. Hopefully I'll be able to do the same thing!
Old 04-02-2008, 05:41 AM   #14
missileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shed
missileman125fw's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
missileman125fw ... where in Northeast Florida? I lived in Fernandina Beach on Amelia Island some time ago.
I live in Lake Asbury which is just south of Orange Park and in between Middleburg and Green Cove Springs. We just went to Amelia Island, what a beautiful place. I could move there and be very happy. How long ago did you move?
Old 04-02-2008, 07:04 AM   #15
Radical Town. It's a hell of a place!
nd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these parts

Name: Nate
nd's Tacoma Gallery
nice! i've felt that feeling once before and i cant wait to feel it again....
Old 04-02-2008, 07:11 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by eordonez View Post
Congrats Man!, im planning to do the same in a 2 yr or less basis..... im supposed to pay it in 4 year but hell no, the interest rate in toyota financial services down here is 19-20% annual.... debt suck ass! but the taco is well worth it
19 - 20% .... damn ....... sorry to hear that man.

Keep making the payments and before you know it it'll be your's.
Old 04-02-2008, 07:13 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by missileman125fw View Post
I live in Lake Asbury which is just south of Orange Park and in between Middleburg and Green Cove Springs. We just went to Amelia Island, what a beautiful place. I could move there and be very happy. How long ago did you move?
I was in the Navy ...... too long ago. Moved in 1983 ..... (I was still VERY young at the time).

Lived just north of the turn of A1A as it goes south. Miss the lifestyle.
Old 04-02-2008, 08:52 AM   #18
HardCase will become famous soon enough

Army: Medic
HardCase's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krp2nite View Post
I know the feeling, I spent alot of years paying off vehicles before and ain't planning on doing that again any time soon. I bought this one cash. I just save a smalll amount each month like I was making a payment anyway and hopefully by the time I wear this one out I can do the same thing again. Feels good though knowing that you own something huhh! Now if I could just get out of my mortgage as easily.
That's exactly what I started doing about 10 years ago. I'd paid off a vehicle and had grown accustomed to making a roughly $400 per month vehicle payment, something I'd been doing with fair regularity for a number of years, so just kept putting that same amount, since I had already "budgeted" for it, into a special savings account that I named my "Car Account". Later I poked it into a money-market account with a brokerage house in order to make more interest. Since that time I've bought two new and one used vehicle by paying cash, haven't made a car-payment to a creditor in a decade, but I keep making that payment to myself!! Feels good, plus the money is there if a guy ever needed it for some real emergency. I become increasingly convinced that with the economy as uncertain as it seems to be at present, the only legitimate form of indebtedness, certainly in any sort of long-term sense, is one's home mortgage.....and even that can be shakey as we have seen lately, at least under some circumstances and/or in certain parts of the country.
Old 04-02-2008, 11:13 AM   #19
2-Broke 2-Care
flavalk is on a distinguished road

flavalk's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

WoooHooooo. Good for you! My truck is the first vehicle payment that I have had in over six years. Three more years and my '07 will be paid for
Old 04-02-2008, 11:18 AM   #20
2-Broke 2-Care
flavalk is on a distinguished road

flavalk's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by eordonez View Post

Holy crapola! 19-20% ??? I got my '07 Prerunner in December of '07 at 3.9% in Orlando