Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Weathertech Floor Liner

Old 04-01-2008, 07:34 PM   #1
missileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shed
missileman125fw's Tacoma Gallery
Weathertech Floor Liner

Hot Damn, I got my Weathertech floor liners today. I'm so happy with these. I ordered them on Friday, 21 March. They are a perfect fit. They cost me $174.90 and ordered them from the Weathertech website. Did I mention how happy I am?
Old 04-01-2008, 07:35 PM   #2
My hair is all natural
lsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hotdog
lsocoee's Tacoma Gallery
nice...very tempting. Thanks for taking the pics.
Old 04-01-2008, 07:41 PM   #3
coreyredken is on a distinguished road

coreyredken's Tacoma Gallery
I LOVE mine... i just wish that I had gotten the gray ones... the black ones show ALLLLLLLLLLLLL that mud and dirt...
Old 04-01-2008, 07:44 PM   #4
My other ride has sails
Roland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Combat Arms Instructor, HQ Detachment, RING
Roland's Tacoma Gallery
I love mine. Nice fit and the grey matched the interior really well.
Old 04-01-2008, 07:56 PM   #5
Bourbon
EquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Casey
EquinsuOcha's Tacoma Gallery
I love mine as well. I have the tan interior, and the tan mats don't exactly match since they are a darker shade, but they work well with the factory color.
Old 04-01-2008, 08:00 PM   #6
Living vicariously through mjp2
eordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ed
eordonez's Tacoma Gallery
nice!! i have to get me one of those...... all i can find here in town are some crappy mats and the toyota ones are about the same price you paid!
Old 04-01-2008, 08:03 PM   #7
`
rick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shed

rick's Tacoma Gallery
those are sweeeeet! what site did you get them from?
Old 04-01-2008, 08:08 PM   #8
Living vicariously through mjp2
eordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ed
eordonez's Tacoma Gallery
i found them on weathertech.com at $99.50 +s&h
Old 04-01-2008, 09:41 PM   #9
4th MAW
ETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: MASS 6 El Toro
ETAV8R's Tacoma Gallery
Anyone have pictures of the back mats for the access cab? I want to see how they fit back there.

I'll order when I have a truck to put them in. I was thinking of getting the black to go with the contrast of black/gray in the truck and also complement some wet okoles.
Old 04-02-2008, 01:33 AM   #10
missileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by rick View Post
those are sweeeeet! what site did you get them from?
Weathertech.com, here is the link.
http://www.weathertech.com/store/mvp.aspx
Old 04-02-2008, 04:19 AM   #11
Dutch will become famous soon enough
Dutch's Tacoma Gallery
They are quality mats. I have them in my Tacoma and GMC 3/4 ton and the fit was perfect in both.
Old 04-02-2008, 04:39 AM   #12
Secret Agent
Viper-2 will become famous soon enough
Viper-2's Tacoma Gallery
The problem with the Weathertechs that have kept me from buying them is first; they do not go up far enough, especially near the gas pedal. Two, they do not cover the dead pedal at all. I got the Husky liners since they do both of those and they get better reviews on Autoanything. But they do not cover the the door sill like the weathertechs.
Old 04-02-2008, 05:29 AM   #13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viper-2 View Post
But they do not cover the the door sill like the weathertechs.
That's exactly why I went with the Weathertech. I like how it covers the sill, easy to sweep out.
Old 04-02-2008, 06:20 AM   #14
Fortech is one of the sharper tools in the shedFortech is one of the sharper tools in the shedFortech is one of the sharper tools in the shedFortech is one of the sharper tools in the shedFortech is one of the sharper tools in the shedFortech is one of the sharper tools in the shedFortech is one of the sharper tools in the shedFortech is one of the sharper tools in the shedFortech is one of the sharper tools in the shedFortech is one of the sharper tools in the shedFortech is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Fortech's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
The problem with the Weathertechs that have kept me from buying them is first; they do not go up far enough, especially near the gas pedal. Two, they do not cover the dead pedal at all. I got the Husky liners since they do both of those and they get better reviews on Autoanything. But they do not cover the the door sill like the weathertechs.
I think the first couple of production runs of the Weathertech mats extended further underneath the fuel pedal than the current model. I was very disappointed when I installed my Weathertechs and found this to be a problem. You wouldn't believe the mess I clean from these few square inches of carpet weekly due to the salt and slush mixture melting off my boots.

I also used black silicone to patch the two rear holes in the liner. Water was escaping through the holes onto the carpet below.

I purchased these liners due to the positive responses I read on various Tacoma forums. No doubt they are a quality product, but my homemade cut to fit rubber mats protected my carpet better than these, and were only 1/10th the price. I don't think I would buy them again for my next vehicle unless I saw them installed in person.

FIRST GENERATION:

SECOND GENERATION:

Old 04-02-2008, 09:17 AM   #15
Secret Agent
Viper-2 will become famous soon enough
Viper-2's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fortech View Post
I think the first couple of production runs of the Weathertech mats extended further underneath the fuel pedal than the current model. I was very disappointed when I installed my Weathertechs and found this to be a problem. You wouldn't believe the mess I clean from these few square inches of carpet weekly due to the salt and slush mixture melting off my boots.

I also used black silicone to patch the two rear holes in the liner. Water was escaping through the holes onto the carpet below.

I purchased these liners due to the positive responses I read on various Tacoma forums. No doubt they are a quality product, but my homemade cut to fit rubber mats protected my carpet better than these, and were only 1/10th the price. I don't think I would buy them again for my next vehicle unless I saw them installed in person.

FIRST GENERATION:

SECOND GENERATION:

Holy crap man! Why did they do that? Those first gens are great! It CANNOT be for safety...the Husky's go up all the way and they are safe and never have been an issue.

Sometimes I just don't get why companies change a good thing...except to cut corners.
Old 04-02-2008, 11:21 AM   #16
Master of the Universe
Flycatcher is on a distinguished road

Army: Platoon Leader, 2nd PLT Co A 1-128 Light Infantry
Flycatcher's Tacoma Gallery
Very nice, I have been wanting a set of those myself
Old 04-02-2008, 12:40 PM   #17
Fortech is one of the sharper tools in the shedFortech is one of the sharper tools in the shedFortech is one of the sharper tools in the shedFortech is one of the sharper tools in the shedFortech is one of the sharper tools in the shedFortech is one of the sharper tools in the shedFortech is one of the sharper tools in the shedFortech is one of the sharper tools in the shedFortech is one of the sharper tools in the shedFortech is one of the sharper tools in the shedFortech is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Fortech's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Holy crap man! Why did they do that? Those first gens are great! It CANNOT be for safety...the Husky's go up all the way and they are safe and never have been an issue.

Sometimes I just don't get why companies change a good thing...except to cut corners.
This thread got me thinking enough that I went back to the Weathertech Website and checked their photos for the Tacoma - the first generation liners are still shown as the representative sample for their product.

http://www.weathertech.com/store/mvp...tChoiceIds=618

I sent them a calm but stern E Mail regarding my initial research between their product and Husky's Liners, how I required maximum coverage as I work in a muddy environment with my truck, and how their online product photo is no longer accurate. Lets face it, they claim their liner as the best, they provided a false product photo, and the product isn't living up to their claims. I've got two bottles of carpet cleaner used up already since January. This isn't good enough for liners that cost $155.94 Canadian ($119 for the mats, $19 shipping, 13% taxes).

I could have purchased the Husky Liners locally for $113 out the door.

Old 04-02-2008, 01:34 PM   #18
txtoy is on a distinguished road
txtoy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

I'm guessing product liability. There have been reports of accelerator pedals getting hung up on rubber mats (don't know if WeatherTech was included) when depressed (ahem) rather vigorously.

I like my Weathertechs, but then I don't track much mud and water into my truck. If I did, I'd probably get the Huskys, but I like the fit and finish of the Weathertechs better.
Old 04-02-2008, 07:25 PM   #19
coreyredken is on a distinguished road

coreyredken's Tacoma Gallery
See how those black ones show all the damn dirt! Ughhhhhhh drives me f-ing CRAZY!
Old 04-02-2008, 10:06 PM   #20
Lifetime Member
CtryBoyInMT is one of the sharper tools in the shedCtryBoyInMT is one of the sharper tools in the shedCtryBoyInMT is one of the sharper tools in the shedCtryBoyInMT is one of the sharper tools in the shedCtryBoyInMT is one of the sharper tools in the shedCtryBoyInMT is one of the sharper tools in the shedCtryBoyInMT is one of the sharper tools in the shedCtryBoyInMT is one of the sharper tools in the shedCtryBoyInMT is one of the sharper tools in the shedCtryBoyInMT is one of the sharper tools in the shedCtryBoyInMT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

CtryBoyInMT's Tacoma Gallery
Now if only Someone would start the HuskyTech Corporation and make floor liners!

Full coverage, no holes, aesthetically pleasing design AND extended over the sill.

Imagine the possibilities!