Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Did you have vibrations with a 2.75" lift on a Double Cab Short Bed

View Poll Results: After lifting your Double Cab Short Bed did you experience vibrations?
No vibrations after my lift 7 46.67%
I had vibrations but added the carrier bearing spacer and it went away 2 13.33%
I had vibrations and the differential spacer made it go away 0 0%
I installed a 1 piece drive shaft to make the problem go away 0 0%
I installed some combo of the above to make the problem go away 0 0%
Some other option not listed fixed your vibrations 1 6.67%
I scratch and sniff my taint 5 33.33%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-05-2010, 04:00 PM   #1
Yeah, there's a TSB for that!
DrRabbitFurHead is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrRabbitFurHead is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrRabbitFurHead is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrRabbitFurHead is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrRabbitFurHead is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrRabbitFurHead is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrRabbitFurHead is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrRabbitFurHead is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrRabbitFurHead is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrRabbitFurHead is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrRabbitFurHead is one of the sharper tools in the shed

DrRabbitFurHead's Tacoma Gallery
Did you have vibrations with a 2.75" lift on a Double Cab Short Bed

I'm trying to see how many people have had issues lifting their double cab short beds. Please let me know your experience so I can determine if I want to spend a little more money right now.
Old 02-05-2010, 08:15 PM   #2
bajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: STEVE
bajamoon's Tacoma Gallery
it varies from truck to truck. a cb drop fixed mine, but you can also unbolt your cb bearing and flip it over and it will drop it a bit. I did not know that but the guys at Je Reel driveline were telling me this. worked for me but i have a little more than 2.75" lift.
Old 02-05-2010, 08:54 PM   #3
CopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Maximum Security Correctional Officer
Name: Matt
CopDoctor's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bajamoon View Post
worked for me but i have a little more than 2.75" lift.
i'll say! looks fantastic!!!! how high up are you?
Old 02-05-2010, 09:27 PM   #4
bajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: STEVE
bajamoon's Tacoma Gallery
^^^uuummmm not sure, 4-5" i guess.
Old 02-08-2010, 10:38 AM   #5
headhunter247 is one of the sharper tools in the shedheadhunter247 is one of the sharper tools in the shedheadhunter247 is one of the sharper tools in the shedheadhunter247 is one of the sharper tools in the shedheadhunter247 is one of the sharper tools in the shedheadhunter247 is one of the sharper tools in the shedheadhunter247 is one of the sharper tools in the shedheadhunter247 is one of the sharper tools in the shedheadhunter247 is one of the sharper tools in the shedheadhunter247 is one of the sharper tools in the shedheadhunter247 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

headhunter247's Tacoma Gallery
You should add a option to the poll " I still have vibrations and I have installed a diff drop and a carrier bearing drop and have taken each out seperately to try and solve."

I have the above set up, 5100's at 2.5.
Old 02-08-2010, 10:42 AM   #6
Simon2150 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon2150 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon2150 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon2150 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon2150 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon2150 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon2150 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon2150 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon2150 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon2150 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon2150 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Simon2150's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by headhunter247 View Post
You should add a option to the poll " I still have vibrations and I have installed a diff drop and a carrier bearing drop and have taken each out seperately to try and solve."

I have the above set up, 5100's at 2.5.
Same here, sort of. I'm a prerunner so I didn't need a differential drop, but I do have a carrier bearing drop and 3 degree shims and I have the slightest vibes from 5-10 mph and again at 20-25mph. I have to accelerate really slow to feel them and under normal acceleration i don't feel it. At some point, I will switch to a 1 piece driveshaft.