1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

"These Tacomas are really impressing me"

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by cvillechopper, Feb 6, 2010.

1. Feb 6, 2010 at 4:52 PM
    cvillechopper

cvillechopper [OP] Jackass to the masses

Member:
    Charlottesville, VA
    Vehicle:
    12 DCSB TRD Off-Rd 4x4, Roof Rack, Tube Steps
    K&N drop-in air-filter, extra D-rings, Custom Console lock-box, Leather heated seats, Studly Driver
    So after using my new toy (29" 10hp snow blower) yesterday and all day today I loaded it up and went for a ride with my wife to cut a path for a friend that lives about a mile away. She has trouble walking sometimes due to a medical issue and we like to help her out when we can. Our drive is about 100 yds then another 300 yds to the road. Unfortunately for me I ran the blower at an angle to go the wrong direction to get to her house (didn't know think we'd be heading there until tomorrow) and I was a little too aggressive trying to make the turn.

I should have said at first that we have well over a foot of snow/sleet combo and the roads were not yet plowed, just trashed from the few vehicles that were out and about. We end up with the front left wheel axle-deep in the ditch on the other side of the road. While I'm working on digging some of the slush/snow/ice mix out of the way of the other tires a guy stops and starts shaking his head.

"There's no way you're getting out of there... that front right is not even touching and the left is buried."

I assure him that the front right is actually just up on the hard pack and he say that if I can't get it out we'll get the snow blower down and clear a path for him to try and pull me out. When I get in the truck my wife is dubious to say the least. 4lo - check... diff lock engaged - check... It's amazing how well 3 tires working together can pull you out, isn't it...

I get out to thank the guy for stopping and he just says "These Tacomas are really impressing me. That's the second time today I've seen one get out of something I was sure they wouldn't."

Admittedly I was just a little worried after the problems I had during the december storm (carrier ring in the rear diff shattered and snapped the drive shaft) but she got us there and back without a problem and some of the stuff I got into later was almost as bad. Man I love my Taco!!! (and yes I do realize that phrasing it like that sounds a little wrong)

2. Feb 6, 2010 at 4:55 PM
    oldtacomaguy

oldtacomaguy four forty four

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    SE Conn.
    Vehicle:
    08 SR-5 4WD Impulse Red Pearl
    Alpine deck and amp, Polk speakers front and rear, Kenwood subwoofer, windows tinted to 20%, Sockmonkey decals, TSB, Eibach springs and Bilstein 5100's
    Nice! And nice of you to go help someone out.

3. Feb 6, 2010 at 5:02 PM
    cwrose

cwrose Don't spreadsheet this...

Member:
    Fairbanks, AK
    Vehicle:
    2023 Tacoma TRD OR DCSB in MGM
    +Rep to you for helping someone out :thumbsup:

4. Feb 7, 2010 at 6:59 AM
    cvillechopper

cvillechopper [OP] Jackass to the masses

Member:
    Charlottesville, VA
    Vehicle:
    12 DCSB TRD Off-Rd 4x4, Roof Rack, Tube Steps
    K&N drop-in air-filter, extra D-rings, Custom Console lock-box, Leather heated seats, Studly Driver
    Thanks guys but that wasn't why I mentioned it. I just didn't want people saying "if it's that nasty on the roads you shouldn't be on them". Guess I forgot where I was posting this, huh? :)

5. Feb 7, 2010 at 7:06 AM
    91Toyotabogger

91Toyotabogger "Loud Tires Can Save Lives"

Member:
    North Carolina
    Vehicle:
    91 4wd 5sp manual Pickup Standard cab white
    Mud Tires, CD player, CB radio with PA speaker, De-badged, window decals, Flow Master 40 series
    Way to show em' how you use your taco..lol

Products Discussed in

To Top