Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Is the IFS tough enough for a front locker?

Old 04-02-2008, 01:27 PM   #1
Custom Tacoma bumpers & more for your offroad toy
RelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
RelentlessTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Is the IFS tough enough for a front locker?

Ok, i've got a few locker questions:
I'm looking into installing lockers on my truck, most likely ARB's, but i was wondering if anyone has a locker in the front diff and how the CV axles and everything holds up. I'll be keeping with my 32's and 3.73's, but i dont want to put a locker in and then find out i keep breaking axles or something. I also saw something about the front being a reverse rotation 7.5" shared only by the new FJ's so its harder to find a locker for it. anyone know if this is true?
one more: what locker is everyone using in the rear end your trucks?
Anything would help me.
Old 04-02-2008, 01:34 PM   #2
Carolina Alliance Costal Div
2003greenbean has much to be proud of2003greenbean has much to be proud of2003greenbean has much to be proud of2003greenbean has much to be proud of2003greenbean has much to be proud of2003greenbean has much to be proud of2003greenbean has much to be proud of2003greenbean has much to be proud of2003greenbean has much to be proud of

2003greenbean's Tacoma Gallery
if you stay with 32 s i think you will be ok with a locker i dont think you need one in the front i would just put one in the rear and see how that does i have the stock locker in my truck
Old 04-02-2008, 01:37 PM   #3
RelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

i wish i could find a stock TRD locker for the rear but they're really tough to come by.
Old 04-02-2008, 02:53 PM   #4
2003greenbean has much to be proud of2003greenbean has much to be proud of2003greenbean has much to be proud of2003greenbean has much to be proud of2003greenbean has much to be proud of2003greenbean has much to be proud of2003greenbean has much to be proud of2003greenbean has much to be proud of2003greenbean has much to be proud of

http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/pts/624580480.html
did a search didnt find to much check out the axle cos
Old 04-02-2008, 04:35 PM   #5

too bad i want to keep my stock gears, but craigslist is definately a place to keep an eye out for one. anyone got some feedback for me?
Old 04-03-2008, 04:23 PM   #6
all.on.black is one of the sharper tools in the shedall.on.black is one of the sharper tools in the shedall.on.black is one of the sharper tools in the shedall.on.black is one of the sharper tools in the shedall.on.black is one of the sharper tools in the shedall.on.black is one of the sharper tools in the shedall.on.black is one of the sharper tools in the shedall.on.black is one of the sharper tools in the shedall.on.black is one of the sharper tools in the shedall.on.black is one of the sharper tools in the shedall.on.black is one of the sharper tools in the shed

all.on.black's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by xtreme450 View Post
i wish i could find a stock TRD locker for the rear but they're really tough to come by.
If you do find one for the rear I can install it for you. Or you can use my write up.
http://www.ttora.com/forum/showthrea...70#post1167270
Old 04-04-2008, 10:30 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by all.on.black View Post
If you do find one for the rear I can install it for you. Or you can use my write up.
http://www.ttora.com/forum/showthrea...70#post1167270
wow great write up lots of great info