1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Hard camper shell brands?

Discussion in 'Tonneau Covers, Caps and Shells' started by huff.jeremy, Feb 7, 2010.

1. Feb 7, 2010 at 9:21 AM
    huff.jeremy

huff.jeremy [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Illinois
    Vehicle:
    2010 MagGray SR5 Access Cab, 4x4, 2.7L, 5spd
    OME 884's, OME shocks, Wheelers 1.5" AAL, Light Racing UCA, Jason Fiberglass top, URD Short Shifter, Fog Lights
    I am in need of a cap for my 2010 extended cab. I really dont want to haul my huge Great Pyrenees on my new Katzkins... but I need to haul him in any weather condition.

Problem... I have not found any "major brand" caps that I like. The problem for me is that the proportion between bed lenght and truck size on an extended cab makes the truck look "off" to me. I was hoping a different brand might offer a style that I would like.

I have thus far looked at: Leer, ARE, & Snugtop. Any other makers out there?

2. Feb 7, 2010 at 2:40 PM
    spp

spp OC, Kalifornia

Member:
    OC California
    Those are pretty much the top 3.

3. Feb 7, 2010 at 2:45 PM
    ramjm_2000

ramjm_2000 Well-Known Member

Member:
    NoVa (Alexandria VA)
    Vehicle:
    08 PreRunner SR5 DoubleCab BSP
    5100's Rear TSB Dominator slider/step bars Eclipse AVN 2210 Nav/XM Leather Upgrade TRD Skid Century Royal Sheel Armor Tech Custom Rear Bumper
    There are like 2 or 3 really good threads about caps currently going, most all brands are represented. If you don't like either of the big three, odds are your not gonna really see anything that different. Brands like Century and Raider are owned by the same company as Leer so their stuff is very similar and smaller companies like Jason or ATC look very similar to both the Leer and ARE. I can think of a few even smaller companies like Ranch and Covermaster that might be worth looking at. Good luck.

4. Feb 7, 2010 at 2:56 PM
    Silver 10

Silver 10 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Joe
    Valparaiso, Indiana
    Vehicle:
    10 SR5 DBL Cab 4x4
    Nitto Terra Grapplers, Leer XL100 cap , Cabelas Bug shield , Tinted windows, Bed Mat, Husky Floor Liners front and rear, seat belt mod, Rear TSB, K&N Air filter
    [​IMG]

You looked at the top 3 and the others are just going to be less quality and a little less money. I really dont understand how you think the truck looks off, I personally think the ext cab looks great with caps but I am a cap fan and never have a truck more than the time it takes to order to get on my truck. I have had ARE, Leer, Century, Eagle caps, we dont have snugtop close but I have heard great things. Like I said the money you save on the lesser brands isnt worth it. Good luck to you

Hamer95USA likes this.

Products Discussed in

To Top