Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

2010 4x4, LSD or Auto LSD as standard option???

Old 02-07-2010, 09:36 AM   #1
huff.jeremy will become famous soon enoughhuff.jeremy will become famous soon enough

huff.jeremy's Tacoma Gallery
2010 4x4, LSD or Auto LSD as standard option???

So when purchasing my 2010 4x4, I was assured that every tacoma came standard with LSD. I asked because I was willing to have an LSD diff installed. Now I have been reading my manual and all I see is this "Auto LSD" crap. That is not what I wanted. I know, it may be my fault for not researching... but dang it, I am pissed.

So a 2010 4x4 tacoma has ONLY auto LSD? Or did I miss something in the manual?
Old 02-07-2010, 09:39 AM   #3
Asgard is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsgard is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsgard is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsgard is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsgard is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsgard is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsgard is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsgard is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsgard is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsgard is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsgard is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
Asgard's Tacoma Gallery
It has only electronic LSD, nothing mechanical. Maybe some of the guys with the Auto LSD will give you their opinions. The auto LSD uses the brakes to mimic the actions of a mechanical LSD.
Old 02-07-2010, 09:46 AM   #4
huff.jeremy will become famous soon enoughhuff.jeremy will become famous soon enough

Crud. I Appreciate the responses even though they are not what I wanted to hear. I understand how the Auto LSD works, and I would much prefer having a mechanical diff. Especially since there is a pretty noticeable loss of power when the Auto LSD kicks in (even my headlights dim for a second...).
Old 02-07-2010, 10:01 AM   #5
BlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

BlueT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by huff.jeremy View Post
Crud. I Appreciate the responses even though they are not what I wanted to hear. I understand how the Auto LSD works, and I would much prefer having a mechanical diff. Especially since there is a pretty noticeable loss of power when the Auto LSD kicks in (even my headlights dim for a second...).
Not all is lost if you install Truetrac you will be better off then with mechanical lsd.
Old 02-07-2010, 10:14 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueT View Post
Not all is lost if you install Truetrac you will be better off then with mechanical lsd.
That is VERY interesting, and affordable. I gather that this thing won't work in "no traction" situations, which the Auto LSD should handle well. I may just have to buy a couple of these.