Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

i was involved in an accident

Old 02-07-2010, 04:02 PM   #1
tacomaparty is on a distinguished road
tacomaparty's Tacoma Gallery
Unhappy i was involved in an accident

i was involved in an accident yesterday. i was at a stop sign waiting for the intersection to clear before i pull out onto the main road. this 85 camry makes a right turn too quickly into my neighborhood and dives right into my driverside door at about 40 miles an hour.

my driver door is slammed shut and i can't open the door, nor do i want to at this point. i want my lawyer and the insurance to handle it. there is damage to the driver door, access cab, and the bottom portion of the body. there is contact to my subframe but it does not look severe. what do i know? i will have someone else give me their professional opinion.

what i do want to know is, if anyone else has had a similar accident, would this be classified as a salvage because there is damage to the body underneath the door? i dont see how this is repairable without chopping that part off and welding another one inplace. it is completely pinched.

how much would something like this cost to repair(roughly)?

Old 02-07-2010, 04:06 PM   #2
Tsenekos has much to be proud ofTsenekos has much to be proud ofTsenekos has much to be proud ofTsenekos has much to be proud ofTsenekos has much to be proud ofTsenekos has much to be proud ofTsenekos has much to be proud ofTsenekos has much to be proud ofTsenekos has much to be proud of

Name: Greg
Tsenekos's Tacoma Gallery
I think its fixible
Old 02-07-2010, 04:06 PM   #3
Tsenekos has much to be proud ofTsenekos has much to be proud ofTsenekos has much to be proud ofTsenekos has much to be proud ofTsenekos has much to be proud ofTsenekos has much to be proud ofTsenekos has much to be proud ofTsenekos has much to be proud ofTsenekos has much to be proud of

Name: Greg
Tsenekos's Tacoma Gallery
$3500
Old 02-07-2010, 04:07 PM   #4
2kool4school is one of the sharper tools in the shed2kool4school is one of the sharper tools in the shed2kool4school is one of the sharper tools in the shed2kool4school is one of the sharper tools in the shed2kool4school is one of the sharper tools in the shed2kool4school is one of the sharper tools in the shed2kool4school is one of the sharper tools in the shed2kool4school is one of the sharper tools in the shed2kool4school is one of the sharper tools in the shed2kool4school is one of the sharper tools in the shed2kool4school is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: FC1(SW)
Name: Beau
2kool4school's Tacoma Gallery
is the frame bent? also the person that ran into you's insurance should pay for it. im betting at least 2k
Old 02-07-2010, 04:11 PM   #5
KalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Electrician
Name: Jason
KalamaKid's Tacoma Gallery
It'll buff out
Old 02-07-2010, 04:14 PM   #6
BANNED in 49 states...
AriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andrew
AriZonaD54's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonleblond View Post
It'll buff out
I fucking hate when people say this.

Anyway... Original Poster... I think you will be alright and be able to move forward from this. Doesn't look like structural frame damage. How are you feeling?
Old 02-07-2010, 04:14 PM   #7
picture #5 is pinched(isn't this considered the frame? it is attached to the whole body, the subframe picture #4 shows contact but i do not know if its bent, it doesn't look like it though.
Old 02-07-2010, 04:19 PM   #8
my backs been hurting. as he was driving into my driver side i attempted to jump into my passenger seat but realized i had to keep my foot on the brakes to keep the car from pulling forward into traffic. but for the most part i'm fine, thanks for asking arizona.

the occupant of the other vehicle is ok too i suppose, he declined medical attention even after his head broke the windshield. he insisted on driving home when the officer instructed him to have his car towed. his car wasn't able to make left turns after the accident.
Old 02-07-2010, 04:25 PM   #9
If You Search...You Shall Find.
uood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Uniform / Marked Patrol
uood8's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by AriZonaD54 View Post
I fucking hate when dickheads like you say this.
No need to get your panties in a wad over it.

Annyways, they won't total it unless there is alot more damage that we can't see. But if your back is hurting get that checked out, that can't be fixed with a little welding and some paint.
Old 02-07-2010, 04:30 PM   #10
aficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shed
aficianado's Tacoma Gallery
glad you are not hurt. your tacoma took a fast hit pretty well. i bet that is fixable. my guess, $4200.
Old 02-07-2010, 04:32 PM   #11
CanadianGuy is on a distinguished road

CanadianGuy's Tacoma Gallery
sliders with the insurance money
Old 02-07-2010, 04:34 PM   #12
paulm09tacoma is a splendid one to beholdpaulm09tacoma is a splendid one to beholdpaulm09tacoma is a splendid one to beholdpaulm09tacoma is a splendid one to beholdpaulm09tacoma is a splendid one to beholdpaulm09tacoma is a splendid one to behold
Name: paul
paulm09tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
sorry about the accident. go get yourself checked out first then worry about the truck.
Old 02-07-2010, 04:39 PM   #13
If You Search...You Shall Find.
uood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Uniform / Marked Patrol
uood8's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianGuy View Post
sliders with the insurance money
I like the way you think.
Old 02-07-2010, 04:42 PM   #14
My other ride has 18,400HP!!!!!!
rmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy:
Name: Ryan
rmb_crew's Tacoma Gallery
Wow its a good thing your ok. Hope your back feels better. It looks fixable, just sucks having to deal with it....
Old 02-07-2010, 04:43 PM   #15
Gone But Not Forgotten
ImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Susan
ImpulseRed008's Tacoma Gallery
Good thing your truck sits higher than the car did. Get checked out by the doc, then take your truck in.
Old 02-07-2010, 05:05 PM   #16
( . )( . )
Stillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Law Enforcement:
Name: J.D.
Stillfly199's Tacoma Gallery
I'd say if the car was doing 40 your truck help up pretty damn good.
Old 02-07-2010, 05:20 PM   #17
thanks everyone. the pictures don't really justify the damage i guess, it looks worse in person. those black lines in the picture are holes, the metal seperated. i am very thankful that i was driving my truck when that happened, if i had been in a smaller/lower vehicle i think i would have been hurt bad.

this other guy was pretty negligent, he should'nt have been driving. he just got out of the hospital for fainting 2 days ago. and his tires were bald. i should have went off on that guy. but that's why we have insurance =s.
Old 02-07-2010, 05:20 PM   #18
BANNED in 49 states...
AriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andrew
AriZonaD54's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pd3 View Post
X2 sheesh!
ill cut you!!!!!!
Old 02-07-2010, 05:31 PM   #19
4low2go has a brilliant future4low2go has a brilliant future4low2go has a brilliant future4low2go has a brilliant future4low2go has a brilliant future4low2go has a brilliant future4low2go has a brilliant future4low2go has a brilliant future4low2go has a brilliant future4low2go has a brilliant future4low2go has a brilliant future

4low2go's Tacoma Gallery
$3800. You can retain a lawyer on a contingency (no money out of pocket), they work off a percentage 30%-50%. Any tickets issued? If it is the other driver, you have a sure win. Make them pay for a decent rental, no little sh*tboxes, could be a week or so. Research bodyshops in your area, preferrably one which with plenty of high end luxury jobs lined up. on getting your truck back in shape.
Old 02-07-2010, 05:51 PM   #20
saf023 is just really nicesaf023 is just really nicesaf023 is just really nicesaf023 is just really nice
Marines:
saf023's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stillfly199 View Post
I'd say if the car was doing 40 your truck help up pretty damn good.
I'm glad to hear everyone was able to walk away.

I have to agree, 40 mph is moving. To see a Tacoma bascially get T-boned at 40 mph and the driver walked away is simply amazing. Great truck.

Hope everything goes well with the repairs.