Notices

Tacoma Headlights

Old 04-02-2008, 08:34 PM   #1
08_TACO_offroad is on a distinguished road

Name: Jacob
08_TACO_offroad's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 08_TACO_offroad
Tacoma Headlights

I got my tacoma a few months ago. I do alot of night driving, and I've noticed that a good number of people will flash their brights at me and I don't even have mine on, so I flash them back....real good. I was just wondering if anyone else's headlights might shine a little high. It just irritates me when someone flashes their brights at me and I don't even have mine on. Idk, its just one of my things.
Old 04-02-2008, 08:37 PM   #2
Founder Socaltacomas.com
SocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve-0
SocalMan22's Tacoma Gallery
I used to get flashed like that plenty and its funny i have piaa's headbulbs and havent got flashed yet wierd.
Old 04-02-2008, 08:41 PM   #3
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: former TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
i get it all the time w/ my superwhite bulbs. and u cant adjust the headlights...so oh well
Old 04-02-2008, 08:43 PM   #4
gsxr3000 is on a distinguished road

gsxr3000's Tacoma Gallery
get a train horn installed next... blind them and make them deaf
Old 04-02-2008, 08:44 PM   #5
NoN Affiliated RedNeck Rebel
kingfishndude is on a distinguished road

kingfishndude's Tacoma Gallery
Get used to it
I drive at night with one hand on the dimmer switch
seems every other car likes seeing my brights
Old 04-02-2008, 09:05 PM   #6
dbbd1 is on a distinguished road

dbbd1's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhodge83 View Post
u cant adjust the headlights...so oh well

Huh? Yes you can. The heads can be adjusted up/down and side/side, the fogs just up/down
Old 04-02-2008, 09:19 PM   #7
aaronk is on a distinguished road
aaronk's Tacoma Gallery
Do you regularly haul a bunch of stuff in your bed? If so, this could be one reason. When the ass end gets heavy the nose end points upward more and throws off the headlight aim. I've been blinded by a Tacoma in the middle of the day because of this.
Old 04-02-2008, 11:40 PM   #8
Custom Tacoma bumpers & more for your offroad toy
RelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
RelentlessTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsxr3000 View Post
get a train horn installed next... blind them and make them deaf
lol... yeah definately! well, i've gotten flashed my fair share of times too. since i added another 1" block to the rear of mine it seems to have lessened. its just the fact that the truck sits so ass high stock, and when you level it, or haul stuff it points the lights right in the face of oncoming....... kinda weird but i've accidentally forgotten to turn off my brights a few times, but only got flashed by another truck one time i left them on. all of the cars didnt seem to notice.
hmm. maybe this is a cure....lol jk
Old 04-03-2008, 09:31 AM   #9
erock is on a distinguished road

erock's Tacoma Gallery
I've noticed it a lot. I feel it is our duty as Tacoma Owners to show driver's who flash us what our "REAL" brights look like. So I always keep one hand free by the brights switch. Ohhh..the sheer bliss. It's the small pleasures in life no?
Old 04-03-2008, 11:51 AM   #10
Big Guns is on a distinguished road
Big Guns's Tacoma Gallery
I too used to get the flash often. I thought maybe it was because i would drive with my fogs on but that didn't make sense. I just give them a flash back and continue on.
Old 04-03-2008, 12:06 PM   #11
2-Broke 2-Care
flavalk is on a distinguished road

flavalk's Tacoma Gallery
I get it a lot in my PreRunner with the driving lights on. Guess its because the truck sits up higher
Old 04-03-2008, 01:05 PM   #12
no_werries will become famous soon enough

no_werries's Tacoma Gallery
There ye go, turns your high beams on so the light, just go over all the heads of people in cars, ur screwed if ur drinving a truck. But yeh i get the same deal with ppl flashin there beams off, scared the heck outta one person when i through the highs on though, watched them almost go in a ditch, so I avoid that now in case some veers towards me instead of away! But its great for those jerks that never turn their highs off!
Old 04-03-2008, 02:00 PM   #13
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: former TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbbd1 View Post
Huh? Yes you can. The heads can be adjusted up/down and side/side, the fogs just up/down
how? the mounts go straight to the radiator support and i dont see any adjustment screws on the headlight casing
Old 04-03-2008, 05:17 PM   #14
FJ FTW!
southern_x is one of the sharper tools in the shedsouthern_x is one of the sharper tools in the shedsouthern_x is one of the sharper tools in the shedsouthern_x is one of the sharper tools in the shedsouthern_x is one of the sharper tools in the shedsouthern_x is one of the sharper tools in the shedsouthern_x is one of the sharper tools in the shedsouthern_x is one of the sharper tools in the shedsouthern_x is one of the sharper tools in the shedsouthern_x is one of the sharper tools in the shedsouthern_x is one of the sharper tools in the shed

southern_x's Tacoma Gallery
i get flashed all the time but then again i got some hid's, so when i get flashed its like ha ha mine lights are still brighter then yours!!! then i kick on the high beams and continue on