1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

60k Service interval

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by MAXTacoma, Feb 8, 2010.

1. Feb 8, 2010 at 7:32 PM
    MAXTacoma

MAXTacoma [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Lexus GS 350
    Yeah I forgot, I just changed that. It was nasty..

2. Apr 22, 2010 at 12:16 PM
    zeppelin987

zeppelin987 Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dallas
    Alberta
    Vehicle:
    07 Tacoma TRD Sport
    AFE Stage 2 cold air intake, Front bed d-rings, TRD seat covers
    Do everything, it's due or overdue and should be done ASAP, especially if you plan on keeping your truck for a long time. Most of it you can do yourself though, just search the forums and there is alot of info.

3. Apr 22, 2010 at 12:22 PM
    MAXTacoma

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Lexus GS 350
    I had the rear end fluid changed, the transmission fluid, rear brakes adjusted again, and am planning on putting front brakes on it here soon.

4. Apr 22, 2010 at 2:09 PM
    TACOMA TRD

TACOMA TRD Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tom
    PA
    Vehicle:
    2011 MGM SPORT DC 4x4
    Alpine HU, Apline 6.5 3 way Speakers, Access Cover.
    I just did my plugs this week, really easy. I also did my front/rear Diff & Transfer case got all my info from this site. I used Valvoline synthetic too. My truck has 40k on it, but I felt it wasnt pushed too hard so I went the extra 10K on the 30 k maint. I Put ceramic pads on the front, just because I dont like brake dust. My old pads were only half down.

I guess I am down to the cabin air filter. I will make one this week from the info posted on this site. I have a auto tranny, not sure what Maintenance I can do there.

5. Apr 22, 2010 at 7:27 PM
    MAXTacoma

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Lexus GS 350
    Didn't do the plugs yet... I have 63 on it now and have to do front brakes/rotors and am due for an oil change so it will just have to wait.

6. Apr 23, 2010 at 5:29 AM
    gcwaterski

gcwaterski Well-Known Member

Member:
    I just hit 80k and factory plugs- long, long overdue. Gonna try and hit it up this weekend but truck runs fine, good gas mileage too- but I am all interstate miles (50 miles one way to work daily for 3 years.)

CygnusX191 likes this.
  7. Apr 23, 2010 at 5:45 AM
    MAXTacoma

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Lexus GS 350
    Do they really need to be changed? I have 63k and it runs fine w/o any problems. MPG is still the same as when I bought it new. I just wonder if Toyota says 30k just to make more money on the replacing them. When I took it into the dealership to get the trans/diff fluid changed they told me they really didn't need to be changed. I'm not sure how truthful it is but they are going to have to wait till i get some extra money.

8. Jul 28, 2010 at 11:35 AM
    tc_demon

tc_demon New Member

Member:
    Hey guys my Dad is coming down this weekend (from Vegas) and he wants me to help him with some maintenance on his Tacoma since I don't have the truck in front of me I feel stupid asking simple questions. He has a 2005 Tacoma Double Cab PreRunner V6 4x2 @ 70K (bought it used @ 50K). So my questions are...

Does his truck have a Transfer case?
    Does the Tacoma have a LSD (and what type of oil u guys use)? or its just a regular differential (which I use Mobile 1 75W-90)?
    Does it have a In Cabin Filter?

Am really sorry for asking this questions, but I just want to be prepared when he gets here this Friday. Am going to be changing the engine oil, spark plugs, engine filter, and the items above if they have one. I just did my mom's 2008 Highlander Limited V6 4WD, she has a transfer case and a regular rear differential case, and the front differential is built into the tranny.

Thanks a Mil!

Ralph

9. Jul 28, 2010 at 11:47 AM
    MAXTacoma

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Lexus GS 350
    No transfer case, hem ight has a LSD if its a TRD Sport, if its not a sport its an SR5 which doesn't have the LSD or it could be a TRD Off Road which has a locker. I'm not sure what ype of oil you will need, I would just call toyota b/c if it does have the LSD you will need to get the special oil from them. It should have an in cabin air filter. It is located behind the glove box. The manual should tel you how to change it even thought its really easy to do. After that you should be good, you might want to check the brakes while you are doing everything. i have almost 70k on my truck now and just changed my pads. GL!

10. Jul 28, 2010 at 1:52 PM
    outlawtacoma

outlawtacoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    W. TN
    Vehicle:
    2018 T4RTRDOR
    no transfer case (only in 4x4s)
    on the differential, if it is LSD, it will have a sticker on the pumpkin saying so. I have a TRD Offroad (LOCKER) and I use Mobil 1 75w-90 in mine. If it is LSD, run 80w-90 and get some LSD additive.
    Cabin filter is located inside glove compartment, get it on ebay CHEAP! but you may not have time, so the stealerghip has em.
    Get the plugs at the dealer (stock densos), cheapest place
    Dont know what oil you plan on running, but I run Mobil 1 0w-30, good stuff!

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
  11. Jul 28, 2010 at 6:09 PM
    Crownedcustoms

Crownedcustoms Well-Known Member

Member:
    Gilbert
    Vehicle:
    07 dc 4x4 fox coilovers 20's & toyo mudders
    Fox coil-overs, Fox shocks, 20" Helo wheels, blowthough, Jl and focal system, Grillcraft grill, Toyo Mud terrains
    If you have the automatic trans doesn't it have some weird standard fluid that the dealer has to change at like 100k?

Products Discussed in

To Top