Notices

King shock help

Old 02-08-2010, 09:17 AM   #1
doin' work
FeArMyTaCo is on a distinguished road

Name: brett
FeArMyTaCo's Tacoma Gallery
King shock help

I had a buddy install my king coilover with rr who had already put the same kit on his Tacoma but on mine the hose for the reservoir on the passanger side just barelly rubs the uca and is mounted the exact same as the driver side not sure What to do besides move res back in the mount a little bit or try to tighten hose that connects to shock to res to move it outta the way, any help will be appreciated
Old 02-08-2010, 02:00 PM   #2
magneticnick has a spectacular aura aboutmagneticnick has a spectacular aura about

Name: Nick
magneticnick's Tacoma Gallery
Call King Shocks and ask for "technical assistance" they will put somebody on the line that can tell you would be the best solution for your particular issue.

They have always been more than helpful for me.

714-530-8701
Old 02-08-2010, 02:02 PM   #3
I've got so much soul in me that I'm barely alive.
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
pics?
Old 02-08-2010, 02:26 PM   #4
doin' work

Thanks you I did get ahold of them and they said to try tightening the 90 where the hose comes out of the shock so I'm gonna try that Wednesday when I can take them off for now I got some hose and cut it in half and ziptied it over the res hose between the uca the hose so the wear is on the scrap hose and not my shock hose. I'll try to get some picks up tomorrow all I have is my I phone rightnow
Old 02-08-2010, 02:26 PM   #5
Living vicariously through myself
mjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Milton Juevos Portimous II
mjp2's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by FeArMyTaCo View Post
...the hose for the reservoir on the passanger side just barelly rubs the uca and is mounted the exact same as the driver side...
I had the same thing with my Fox shocks and did the following:

1. With the shock in an upright position and the reservoir raised high with the nozzle facing up, slowly depressurize the shock.

2. Let the reservoir hang to minimize oil leakage. Loosen the 90 degree bend hard-line in the reservoir line, rotate it to the direction it should face, re-tighten.

3. Pressurize the shock WITH NITROGEN to 200psi.

4. Mount the reservoir.

5. Have a beer.
Old 02-09-2010, 11:10 AM   #6
doin' work

Thank you! I just spoke with kings and they said to just take it off and tighten the 90 comin out of the shock and that should give me my clearance because it's just barely rubbing will post back update on sun. I'm just gonna do it sat I get off to late on the weekdays to get the shock refilled if I empty it. Thanks again for the help!