Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Weather Tech Floor Mats

Old 02-08-2010, 12:40 PM   #1
wilsonpj is a jewel in the roughwilsonpj is a jewel in the roughwilsonpj is a jewel in the rough
Name: Pete
wilsonpj's Tacoma Gallery
Weather Tech Floor Mats

Any one know why these don't fit manual transmissions?

From what I can tell the interior on my auto and my buddies manual are identical....

http://www.weathertech.com/store/mvp...iceIds=592,755
Old 02-08-2010, 12:50 PM   #2
wilsonpj is a jewel in the roughwilsonpj is a jewel in the roughwilsonpj is a jewel in the rough
Name: Pete
wilsonpj's Tacoma Gallery
I think there is the dead pedal and a clutch on the manuals right....?
Old 02-08-2010, 01:17 PM   #3
Switchback is a jewel in the roughSwitchback is a jewel in the roughSwitchback is a jewel in the rough

Switchback's Tacoma Gallery
I have a manual with Weathertechs.

I've not had to cut mine yet. The only reason you would need to cut them would be to have the liner not hang up the clutch pedal when it's fully depressed. If it hangs up, the simple fix is to just cut out a notch for the pedal.

Like I say though, I haven't had to cut mine yet. Even when depressing the clutch enough for starting, I don't get hung up. I think there would maybe be an issue when depressing it enough to get into 4lo, but I haven't tried yet. And even if you do find that you have to cut the liner, it would be a tiny cut and shouldn't affect your decision to buy them for your manual transmission. Great investment.
Old 02-08-2010, 09:54 PM   #4
DueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
DueNorth's Tacoma Gallery
I have a manual with WT's as well. Noticed the first day of driving with them that the clutch was getting hung up when fully depressed. (on more than one occasion too)

very simple solution though,

depress clutch and hold, use marker to outline the pedal, take scissors and cut away!

Very easy and would recommend it. WT doesn't offer their floor mats for a manual, so you'll have to order them for an automatic. Don't worry, they'll fit just fine.