Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Tomorrows the big Day

Old 04-03-2008, 10:48 AM   #1
jaredmmc99 is on a distinguished road
jaredmmc99's Tacoma Gallery
Talking Tomorrows the big Day

I have been waiting 3 years but It is finnaly going to happen. I get my 2005 Silver DC 4x4 v6 auto SR5. Its has 45k on it with a pair of brand new tires on the back but needs a couple more in the front. I think I am going to put those on right after I pick up my silver dream machine. Any thoughts on first things to do in my truck? First things to test, or first functions I should check out. Man I hope I get some sleep tonight. I will probably be looking at the clock all night wondering if its time to get up and get it yet.
Old 04-03-2008, 11:14 AM   #2
My other ride has sails
Roland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Combat Arms Instructor, HQ Detachment, RING
Roland's Tacoma Gallery
Gratz!
Quote:
Any thoughts on first things to do in my truck?
That question is just begging for trouble.
Old 04-03-2008, 12:24 PM   #3
I know

I know...my wife and I have a beach trip planned this weekend, when I ask her what she would like to experience in the truck I might end up in the back of a police car. People are every where watching everything.
Old 04-03-2008, 12:28 PM   #4
Tacoma World Ring Leader
klown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shed

klown's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaredmmc99 View Post
First thing you should do is drive the bitch like you stole her. Switch the back tires to the front and the front tires to the back. If you got the LSD, hold a burnout for as long as you can, then get the new tires.

Change out the oil, put some synthetic in her. I would do that second though.
Old 04-03-2008, 02:09 PM   #5
My other ride has sails
Roland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Combat Arms Instructor, HQ Detachment, RING
Roland's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I know...my wife and I have a beach trip planned this weekend, when I ask her what she would like to experience in the truck I might end up in the back of a police car. People are every where watching everything.
The tint on the back windows is pretty dark.....
Old 04-04-2008, 09:28 AM   #6
Come on

I'm getting pretty nervous. I called the guy I am buying the truck from yesterday to figure out what time and where he wanted to meet. HE NEVER CALLED ME BACK!!!. I called him twice but only left one voicemail. I'll give him till noon and then try and call him again. I hope nothing happened to him, he is a little older and suffers from Cerebal Palsy. It will all work out right?
Old 04-04-2008, 10:13 AM   #7
Dutch will become famous soon enough
Dutch's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Man I wish! Just read my post under damaged Taco.
Old 04-04-2008, 10:22 AM   #8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch View Post
Man I wish! Just read my post under damaged Taco.
I did read it. Sorry to hear that Dutch. Somebody took a knee to the Neon I am selling. I pulled it out with a suction dent puller. I had a hit and run happen to a honda I had once too. Doesn't uninsured coverage take care of that?
Old 04-04-2008, 11:19 AM   #9
2-Broke 2-Care
flavalk is on a distinguished road

flavalk's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I'm getting pretty nervous. I called the guy I am buying the truck from yesterday to figure out what time and where he wanted to meet. HE NEVER CALLED ME BACK!!!. I called him twice but only left one voicemail. I'll give him till noon and then try and call him again. I hope nothing happened to him, he is a little older and suffers from Cerebal Palsy. It will all work out right?
I hope you didn't sleep with him first. They never call back if you sleep with them first.
Old 04-04-2008, 11:43 AM   #10
Living vicariously through myself
mjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Milton Juevos Portimous II
mjp2's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Cage it.
Old 04-04-2008, 02:22 PM   #11
concrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Shit deflector
concrete jedi's Tacoma Gallery
Might want to start with an oil change/air filter, start off on the right foot. Give a good once over.
Old 04-04-2008, 02:32 PM   #12
Stealer of Souls
Charli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chuck?
Charli's Tacoma Gallery
So what happened?! Did you get it?!
Old 04-04-2008, 02:58 PM   #13
Got it!!!

It's mine all mine!!! Man I have driven it 10 miles but already in love. The only thing I don't get yet is when I stop and put it in 4 low it does this weird beeping thing. Did I do something wrong or is this what it does the whole time you are in 4?
Old 04-04-2008, 05:33 PM   #14
Tacoma World Ring Leader
klown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shed

klown's Tacoma Gallery
naw man, you got to be at a complete stop to go to 4 low, and you have to go to 4lo after you've been in 4hi. I don't think you can go straight from 2hi to 4 lo.