1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Rubber floor mats

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by trib, Feb 8, 2010.

1. Feb 8, 2010 at 9:23 PM
    trib

trib [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    My factory carpet floor mats are trashed (5 years old). I'm looking to get some rubber mats so I can easily hose off mud, dirt, etc and not have to wait days for them to dry out like the carpeted ones.

So far I've seen that there are weathertech, husky, and oem rubber mats. Which ones do you prefer and why? How do they actually fit (all I can find are stock photos, if anyone has real life photos please post them up!). I'm not looking to spend a whole lot of $$ (under $100). I'd go walmart style but I want something that will stay put. Also, does toyota sell a separate kit to keep the floor mats locked in place? I noticed that the oem mats have holes that match those in the carpeting.

2. Feb 8, 2010 at 9:28 PM
    JohnnyGato

JohnnyGato God of Thunder ...and Rock N' Roll!

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Vegas Island
    Vehicle:
    04 TRD SR5 V6 4x4 Off Road
    Limo tint, Sirius/XM radio, Wet Okole's, Weathertech's, Rhino Lining, blacked out badges, shorty antenna, painted speaker (tweeter) covers, blue LED running lights, Icon 3" lift, Pro Comp 17" 7005's, 33" (285/70/17) Good Year MT/R's with kevlar.
    I'd go with Weathertech or Huskys! They're the type where you can spill that big ass Big Gulp and it'll contain it. Just rinse 'em off, dry with towel if necessary and throw 'em back in!

3. Feb 8, 2010 at 9:36 PM
    Black Taco

Black Taco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob
    WPB, FL
    Vehicle:
    TOYOTA
    No mods whatsoever!
    Sorry, no pics. I have the Weathertech's. They're a little more than other mats, but I firmly believe that "You get what you pay for" These are easy to clean, fit like a glove, and most likely will last the life of the vehicle. I ordered mine through Cabella's.

4. Feb 8, 2010 at 9:47 PM
    trib

trib [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Wow I love this site. 4 responses in 4 minutes. Thanks guys.

Those look nice. Does the outside edge of the mat (towards the door sill) fit perfectly, or do you kick it with your shoe when you get in the truck?

What do you guys use for the back seat of an access cab?

5. Feb 8, 2010 at 9:52 PM
    Rustyota

Rustyota well.....

Member:
    Central Coast, CA
    Vehicle:
    08 4x4 DC long bed
    debadged, rear spring TSB, leveled with Bilstein 5100s at 1.75", Goodyear Duratrac 265/75/r16, Leer shell with Yakima rack
    I have the cheap ass wal mart kind that they unfortunately don't carry anymore, but I love them. They've got the really deep grooves that keep the mud, sand, coffee, whatever off the carpet and hose off great. I got some for my brother from carquest I think (don't know if you have them where you are?) and mine and my bro's were only like $30. Both sets fit great. In my opinion, fairly soft rubber (grips carpet well, won't crack with some wear) and deep tread are the important things. Like I said, I love my cheap-ies, especially since they were cheap.

6. Feb 8, 2010 at 9:58 PM
    barelyrunning

barelyrunning Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Aaron
    Castro Valley, CA
    Vehicle:
    09 dbl cab 4x4 sr5
    debadged, bed light, BHLM, Rear TSB, Tint 25%, 5100s @ 1.75, Toyo A/T 2s 265/75/16, TRD FJ TT Rims
    i have the weathertechs and they're awsome. Alittle pricey but worth the money. the fitment is awsome as well.

Products Discussed in

To Top