Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Rubber floor mats

Old 02-08-2010, 09:23 PM   #1
trib is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrib is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrib is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrib is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrib is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrib is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrib is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrib is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrib is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrib is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrib is one of the sharper tools in the shed

trib's Tacoma Gallery
Rubber floor mats

My factory carpet floor mats are trashed (5 years old). I'm looking to get some rubber mats so I can easily hose off mud, dirt, etc and not have to wait days for them to dry out like the carpeted ones.

So far I've seen that there are weathertech, husky, and oem rubber mats. Which ones do you prefer and why? How do they actually fit (all I can find are stock photos, if anyone has real life photos please post them up!). I'm not looking to spend a whole lot of $$ (under $100). I'd go walmart style but I want something that will stay put. Also, does toyota sell a separate kit to keep the floor mats locked in place? I noticed that the oem mats have holes that match those in the carpeting.
Old 02-08-2010, 09:28 PM   #2
God of Thunder ...and Rock N' Roll!
JohnnyGato is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnyGato is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnyGato is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnyGato is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnyGato is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnyGato is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnyGato is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnyGato is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnyGato is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnyGato is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnyGato is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
JohnnyGato's Tacoma Gallery
I'd go with Weathertech or Huskys! They're the type where you can spill that big ass Big Gulp and it'll contain it. Just rinse 'em off, dry with towel if necessary and throw 'em back in!
Old 02-08-2010, 09:36 PM   #3
Black Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlack Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlack Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlack Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlack Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlack Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlack Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlack Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlack Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlack Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlack Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rob
Black Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Cool

Sorry, no pics. I have the Weathertech's. They're a little more than other mats, but I firmly believe that "You get what you pay for" These are easy to clean, fit like a glove, and most likely will last the life of the vehicle. I ordered mine through Cabella's.
Old 02-08-2010, 09:47 PM   #4
trib is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrib is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrib is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrib is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrib is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrib is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrib is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrib is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrib is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrib is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrib is one of the sharper tools in the shed

trib's Tacoma Gallery
Wow I love this site. 4 responses in 4 minutes. Thanks guys.

Those look nice. Does the outside edge of the mat (towards the door sill) fit perfectly, or do you kick it with your shoe when you get in the truck?

What do you guys use for the back seat of an access cab?
Old 02-08-2010, 09:52 PM   #5
well.....
Rustyota has a spectacular aura aboutRustyota has a spectacular aura aboutRustyota has a spectacular aura about

Rustyota's Tacoma Gallery
I have the cheap ass wal mart kind that they unfortunately don't carry anymore, but I love them. They've got the really deep grooves that keep the mud, sand, coffee, whatever off the carpet and hose off great. I got some for my brother from carquest I think (don't know if you have them where you are?) and mine and my bro's were only like $30. Both sets fit great. In my opinion, fairly soft rubber (grips carpet well, won't crack with some wear) and deep tread are the important things. Like I said, I love my cheap-ies, especially since they were cheap.
Old 02-08-2010, 09:58 PM   #6
barelyrunning is on a distinguished road

Name: Aaron
barelyrunning's Tacoma Gallery
i have the weathertechs and they're awsome. Alittle pricey but worth the money. the fitment is awsome as well.