Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Where can I find a Hazard Switch/Button

Old 02-09-2010, 02:29 PM   #1
JTDTacoma is on a distinguished road
JTDTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Where can I find a Hazard Switch/Button

I must've had paint on my finger and got some on the grey hazard button. So I grabbed some goof-off and used a q-tip to remove it. That was a mistake since it then removed the grey! So now it looks like crap. I know the whole clock/hazard assembly is available for like $200 but all I need is the grey plastic hazard button. Done some searching online but cannot find the part or even a part number. If anyoneone out the can help I'd appreciate it. Guess I could go to the dealer, but imagine they'd try to sell the whole clock assembly.
Old 02-09-2010, 02:35 PM   #2
Fortech is one of the sharper tools in the shedFortech is one of the sharper tools in the shedFortech is one of the sharper tools in the shedFortech is one of the sharper tools in the shedFortech is one of the sharper tools in the shedFortech is one of the sharper tools in the shedFortech is one of the sharper tools in the shedFortech is one of the sharper tools in the shedFortech is one of the sharper tools in the shedFortech is one of the sharper tools in the shedFortech is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Fortech's Tacoma Gallery
Try the dealer, you may be surprised. I would think that any switch would be available for purchase separately.

If not try a salvage yard in your area that caters to modern vehicles.
Old 02-09-2010, 02:45 PM   #3
surfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gregg
surfsupl's Tacoma Gallery
Salvage yards.......ebay............dealership (would be my last place to look).............look in the classifieds on this site as well as the other Toyota sites.............let me call my buddy up @ Toyota and see if he would do a swap out..................
Old 02-09-2010, 02:46 PM   #4
Called the parts dpt and they only sell it as the clock assembly. $260! I'll try to make it look good or try the salvage yard. Frustrating because it's like a $1 piece of plastic.
Old 02-09-2010, 02:50 PM   #5
surfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gregg
surfsupl's Tacoma Gallery
Try contacting the couple of guys in here who have torn these trucks up and made them desert race trucks...........they may have one laying around not in use...............god knows they need more and more money to keep that truck up to par when it comes to all those racing components...........
Old 02-09-2010, 02:51 PM   #6
Jigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Jigzor's Tacoma Gallery
Paint it custom!
Old 02-09-2010, 02:53 PM   #7
Do I look like a guy with a plan?
cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
I'd say also try a salvage/junk yard.
Old 02-09-2010, 03:17 PM   #8
Local Man
bigburrito is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigburrito is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigburrito is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigburrito is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigburrito is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigburrito is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigburrito is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigburrito is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigburrito is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigburrito is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigburrito is one of the sharper tools in the shed

bigburrito's Tacoma Gallery
you could paint it with grey paint. or even gray paint
Old 02-09-2010, 03:31 PM   #9
Yeah thought about painting it but then I'd want the little red triangle... My hands aren't that steady.

I was thinking of having a graphics store make a vinyl decal to place over the top of it.
Old 02-09-2010, 03:43 PM   #10
Lieutenant Dan.
DeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Lieutenant
DeeKay21's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTDTacoma View Post
Yeah thought about painting it but then I'd want the little red triangle... My hands aren't that steady.

I was thinking of having a graphics store make a vinyl decal to place over the top of it.
Screw it, paint it gray and get a red sharpie after and draw a triangle!!!