LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

XDi or Air Horn? What's louder!?!?!

Old 04-03-2008, 05:43 PM   #1
Fast Eddie is on a distinguished road

Fast Eddie's Tacoma Gallery
Angry XDi or Air Horn? What's louder!?!?!

Just came in from installing the True Flow XDi and did a short hop.

When you tromp the peddle to the floor, there is a brief note that resonates so bad the dash or something vibrates and my inner ear vibrates.

Am I tired and cranky or just old.?!?!

The overall sound is like a V8 I guess with a stretch so if the mileage picks up at all it will be worth it. Dramatic difference!

It does look awesome and other than missing (1) nut, installation was idiot proof.

More to come if anyone is interested.

How do you record the sound and put it on the forum? Video camera?
Old 04-03-2008, 08:25 PM   #2
"Living life in the FAST lane..."
05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

05PreRunner's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 05PreRunner
My true flow xdi installation kit also came missing (1) nut..... I thought i somehow lost it (im sitting there looking for it like crazy...)
Old 04-03-2008, 08:39 PM   #3
Kylie's dad
WilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
WilsonTheDog's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fast Eddie View Post
How do you record the sound and put it on the forum? Video camera?
You can use that or if you have a digital camera that records video (most do now), you should be able to use that and it would probably be easier.
Old 04-04-2008, 04:56 AM   #4
Fast Eddie is on a distinguished road

Fast Eddie's Tacoma Gallery
Coming into work I found the bad note is around 3800-4000 rpm only that causes the vibration.

Do you have the same issue? It might be the rear view mirror. Need more time to figure this one out.