Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

does anyone know anything about the recall toyota made any updates

Old 02-10-2010, 08:58 AM   #1
Pabst Blue Ribbon on ice
BAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Edward
BAMFTACO's Tacoma Gallery
does anyone know anything about the recall toyota made any updates

I was looking for the thread about this but couldn't find it and also did toyota come out with a. New tacoma
Old 02-11-2010, 02:16 AM   #2
PAPAOBEWON is just really nicePAPAOBEWON is just really nicePAPAOBEWON is just really nicePAPAOBEWON is just really nicePAPAOBEWON is just really nice
PAPAOBEWON's Tacoma Gallery
Recall - Impact on Older Tacomas

I found a link to the brake pedal issue that is being addressed.
I was sent a letter from Toyota about the vehicles that were being recalled and repaired. I own a 2002 Tacoma Double Cab, however the letter stated the recalled trucks started in 2003 for the Tacoma line? Now I am worried that I may have the defective pedal. I found the following link showing a breakdown of the parts of the 2 pedals in question.
Here is the link:
http://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/tta...is-commentary/

How do I find out which pedal I have? Nippon Denso or CTS model?
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Papa
Old 02-11-2010, 02:17 AM   #3
PAPAOBEWON is just really nicePAPAOBEWON is just really nicePAPAOBEWON is just really nicePAPAOBEWON is just really nicePAPAOBEWON is just really nice
One last thought about updates I went to cnbc.com and did a search under news and found about a dozen articles related to the Toyota fiasco!
Papaobewan
Old 02-11-2010, 03:32 AM   #4
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
T@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shed

T@co_Pr3runn3r's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by PAPAOBEWAN View Post
How do I find out which pedal I have? Nippon Denso or CTS model?
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Papa
That's the gas pedal on newer 2nd gens..........brake recall is on 2010 Priuses. 1st gen Tacomas was the frame swap for certain year models. I doubt you have a CTS gas pedal on your 1st gen & your brake pedal is fine.
Old 02-11-2010, 06:22 AM   #5
The gas pedal was my main concern. It was late err, early this morning when I wrote the post. As I re-read it I see the confusion. Thanks for deciphering what I meant and not what I wrote. I have a 2002 tacoma also a 2001 sequoia and a 92 toyota previa so you can understand my concern. Thanks for the info. One last question where do I find info on the years of a generation for tacoma and sequoia?