Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Does bedliner work on back seat's plastic?

Old 02-10-2010, 03:58 PM   #1
Caduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: I be a doctor
Caduceus's Tacoma Gallery
Does bedliner work on back seat's plastic?

I finally got sick of hearing my dog sliding around in my truck when she ride in back (no, I don't drive crazy - she's only got 3 legs). I keep the rear seats in my DC down, and as most of you can guess, they're pretty slick plastic.

Anybody know if rattle-can bedliner or undercoating would work on the seats? I thought I read on the can backs that it should be sprayed on metal.

If not, I'm thinking of maybe cutting up some inner tubes and glueing them onto the seat backs. Any particular glue work better than others? Gorilla glue came off pretty quick last time I tried something similar.

Thanks!
Old 02-10-2010, 04:06 PM   #2
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
I used some indoor/outdoor carpet from lowes and some self tapping screws to affix it to the back of the seats. No more sliding dog for me!

Old 02-10-2010, 04:07 PM   #3
"The Fuzz"
shook0002 is just really niceshook0002 is just really niceshook0002 is just really niceshook0002 is just really niceshook0002 is just really nice

Name: Joe
shook0002's Tacoma Gallery
Bedliner should stick, prep it good. Use some moderate grit (120) sandpaper to rough it up, and wipe it down with plastic safe solvent. A spray adhesion promoter would help also (used on plastic car bumpers).
Old 02-10-2010, 04:49 PM   #4
ksj is on a distinguished road
ksj's Tacoma Gallery
I'd use indoor/outdoor carpet and put it down with automotive velcro. That way you can take it out an hose it down as needed.
Old 02-10-2010, 05:52 PM   #5
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ksj View Post
I'd use indoor/outdoor carpet and put it down with automotive velcro. That way you can take it out an hose it down as needed.
How would you get the velcro to stick to the back of the carpet?
Old 02-10-2010, 07:42 PM   #6
ksj is on a distinguished road
ksj's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by KPT View Post
How would you get the velcro to stick to the back of the carpet?

GF with a sewing machine, lol...
Old 02-10-2010, 08:46 PM   #7
Grease Monkey
glandnut will become famous soon enoughglandnut will become famous soon enough

glandnut's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by KPT View Post
I used some indoor/outdoor carpet from lowes and some self tapping screws to affix it to the back of the seats. No more sliding dog for me!

Good idea, I'm currently doing the same with the foamy stuff people stand on for garage, cooks, etc. I'd love to find some neoprene sections to do it in instead!