Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

gibson exhaust

Old 02-11-2010, 10:27 AM   #1
tammikm has a spectacular aura abouttammikm has a spectacular aura about

tammikm's Tacoma Gallery
gibson exhaust

anyone have or seen/heard this exhaust system on our trucks? better than trd??

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...8090&viewitem=
Old 02-11-2010, 10:40 AM   #2
Unsuspectingly striking from above
BirdTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedBirdTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedBirdTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedBirdTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedBirdTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedBirdTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedBirdTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedBirdTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedBirdTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedBirdTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedBirdTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Name: Greg
BirdTRD's Tacoma Gallery
I ran a Gibson cat-back on my 1996 Bronco. It's tone was nice and throaty. The volume was only slightly louder than stock. Others who ran Flowmasters definitely had louder trucks. MPG went up a little and I felt there was a small power increase but I had installed a K&N FIPK intake at the same time so I can't really give too much credit to either in and of itself.
Old 02-11-2010, 10:41 AM   #3
I CANT SPELL SO DONT BITCH
mwild is one of the sharper tools in the shedmwild is one of the sharper tools in the shedmwild is one of the sharper tools in the shedmwild is one of the sharper tools in the shedmwild is one of the sharper tools in the shedmwild is one of the sharper tools in the shedmwild is one of the sharper tools in the shedmwild is one of the sharper tools in the shedmwild is one of the sharper tools in the shedmwild is one of the sharper tools in the shedmwild is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
mwild's Tacoma Gallery
I have a gibson on my 04 and it sounds good its not to loud but it is alot deeper than stock. It was easy to instal and overall i like it.
Old 02-11-2010, 10:43 AM   #4
Living vicariously through myself
mjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Milton Juevos Portimous II
mjp2's Tacoma Gallery
Old video of my truck. TRD intake and Gibson exhaust under load. I liked the sound.

Old 02-11-2010, 10:45 AM   #5
WPTaco is on a distinguished road
Name: Nige
WPTaco's Tacoma Gallery
I have Gibson catback on my 08 Sport with a k&n cai and it has a great throaty sound when you step on the gas. I had a bit of an increase in pick up in the mid range. I would recommend Gibson!
Old 02-11-2010, 10:45 AM   #6
I CANT SPELL SO DONT BITCH
mwild is one of the sharper tools in the shedmwild is one of the sharper tools in the shedmwild is one of the sharper tools in the shedmwild is one of the sharper tools in the shedmwild is one of the sharper tools in the shedmwild is one of the sharper tools in the shedmwild is one of the sharper tools in the shedmwild is one of the sharper tools in the shedmwild is one of the sharper tools in the shedmwild is one of the sharper tools in the shedmwild is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
mwild's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjp2 View Post
Old video of my truck. TRD intake and Gibson exhaust under load. I liked the sound.

Nice video were was that shot were you in nj. I need a good place to go wheelin
Old 02-11-2010, 10:50 AM   #7
( . )( . )
Stillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Law Enforcement:
Name: J.D.
Stillfly199's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjp2 View Post

Ah, must be before the jackstand mod
Old 02-11-2010, 10:50 AM   #8
sweater914 will become famous soon enough
sweater914's Tacoma Gallery
I've installed 2 Gibson cat-backs, stainless steel, on Ford's a 4 banger Ranger and V8 F150. Installation was straight forward and customer service excellent, the F150 was a mid-year change which affected a part, they sent another pipe (thought it was wrong), and another after we discovered the problem, all free of charge. The swept side (swept back) systems with single outlet offer a slightly deeper and more mellow sound without becoming intrusive in the cab. You'll notice at full throttle but cruising is only a little louder than stock. I've sold the F150 but still have the Ranger, still sounds as good as when I installed the system. The exhaust cans do not have any fiberglass fill, only baffling.
Old 02-11-2010, 10:57 AM   #9
Living vicariously through myself
mjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Milton Juevos Portimous II
mjp2's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mwild View Post
Nice video were was that shot were you in nj. I need a good place to go wheelin
Rausch Creek in PA is the best wheeling within 5 hours. Trails for all ability levels.

I was told that they're doing King Of the Hammers trials there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stillfly199 View Post
Ah, must be before the jackstand mod
Post rollcage/bedcage, pre-long travel. My fuel cell was across the country having a custom bladder installed at that point and I was running a plastic jobbie to get me by.