Notices

Allpro Bumper

Old 02-12-2010, 09:08 PM   #1
Toogrady is on a distinguished road
Army:
Name: Tom
Toogrady's Tacoma Gallery
Allpro Bumper

Do any of you that have put an all pro plate steel front bumper on have any close up pictures of it installed? I put mine on tonight, and it seems like there is a really big gap in between the bumper and the molding under the headlights. Also there is a bigger gap on the pass side than the driver side. The way it fit, there was really no way to make any adjustments that I could see. All the pictures I have seen on here look really good, and appear to fit and ride the headlights lower molding pretty exact. Have any of you had this type of issue, or any good ideas on corrections? Thanks in advance!
Old 02-12-2010, 09:11 PM   #2
( . )( . )
Stillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Law Enforcement:
Name: J.D.
Stillfly199's Tacoma Gallery
I think I have heard of this, and they used washers. Do you happen to have any pics of it?
Old 02-12-2010, 09:13 PM   #3
Army:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stillfly199 View Post
I think I have heard of this, and they used washers. Do you happen to have any pics of it?
Ill go snap a couple
Old 02-12-2010, 09:14 PM   #4
iKill
mgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: SGT (ret.), 0311, 1st Battalion 6th Marines
mgrande's Tacoma Gallery
welcome to TW! Can't help you out on this one though.
Old 02-12-2010, 09:14 PM   #5
( . )( . )
Stillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Law Enforcement:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toogrady View Post
Ill go snap a couple
Ok, just to give everyone a visual of what your talking about. That and someone would ask it eventually
Old 02-12-2010, 09:33 PM   #6
Ban Pending
HBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Paul
HBMurphy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toogrady View Post
Do any of you that have put an all pro plate steel front bumper on have any close up pictures of it installed? I put mine on tonight, and it seems like there is a really big gap in between the bumper and the molding under the headlights. Also there is a bigger gap on the pass side than the driver side. The way it fit, there was really no way to make any adjustments that I could see. All the pictures I have seen on here look really good, and appear to fit and ride the headlights lower molding pretty exact. Have any of you had this type of issue, or any good ideas on corrections? Thanks in advance!
Just a word of advice... the gap shouldn't be like the gap on the doors - theres gonna be some flex - correct me if I am wrong - I know with my bumper I wanted it tight with the body and wish that I had heeded others warnings from the start - start out with a bigger gap and if you want to tighten the gap wait and see what it's like after and during your wheeling. If you are just going to the mall then there's no worry but if you are going to use it for what it's designed for, a little be bigger gap... wwwwhooa ... whoops 0ooooh shit - sorry, I just fell off my soap box
Old 02-12-2010, 09:35 PM   #7
( . )( . )
Law Enforcement:
Quote:
Originally Posted by HBMurphy View Post
Just a word of advice... the gap shouldn't be like the gap on the doors - theres gonna be some flex - correct me if I am wrong - I know with my bumper I wanted it tight with the body and wish that I had heeded others warnings from the start - start out with a bigger gap and if you want to tighten the gap wait and see what it's like after and during your wheeling. If you are just going to the mall then there's no worry but if you are going to use it for what it's designed for, a little be bigger gap... wwwwhooa ... whoops 0ooooh shit - sorry, I just fell off my soap box
There was another member that had the same problem and it ended up being fine because the bumper would flex, so thats why I was wondering if we could get pics.
Old 02-12-2010, 09:41 PM   #8
Ban Pending
HBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
There was another member that had the same problem and it ended up being fine because the bumper would flew, so thats why I was wondering if we could get pics.
What's flew? Pics would be good.
Old 02-12-2010, 09:44 PM   #9
( . )( . )
Law Enforcement:
DAMNIT flex, not flew. Fixed.
Old 02-12-2010, 09:49 PM   #10
Army:
Quote:
Originally Posted by HBMurphy View Post
Yeah, Im tracking what your saying with the gap. The truck is gonna get used, so Id be good with a marginal gap. The only problem is its like a finger and a half gap. Then the second bad is the Pass side sits forward approx .5" forward from the drivers side. I could do like stillfly said with the washers to bring the drivers side forward even with the pass with the washers, but theres no way for me to lift it any higher as it is up tight agains the bottom of the frame. Im attempting to upload the pictures now, but its taking a sec to get them off the camera. Thanks for all the replies!
Old 02-12-2010, 09:53 PM   #11
( . )( . )
Law Enforcement:
One way would be to PM Sarah on here, she is a rep for All Pro, or even give them a call.
Old 02-12-2010, 09:58 PM   #12
Army:
Quote:
One way would be to PM Sarah on here, she is a rep for All Pro, or even give them a call.
Yeah I agree. I started working on it to late today, so by the time I got it on they had closed the shop for the day. I also hate starting and not completely finishing a project, but I may have to wait till tues when they reopen.
Old 02-12-2010, 10:36 PM   #13
Ban Pending

Quote:
She is by far one of the most real and helpful peeps I've met in this biz!
Old 02-13-2010, 04:14 AM   #14
Yeah, there's a TSB for that!
DrRabbitFurHead is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrRabbitFurHead is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrRabbitFurHead is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrRabbitFurHead is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrRabbitFurHead is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrRabbitFurHead is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrRabbitFurHead is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrRabbitFurHead is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrRabbitFurHead is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrRabbitFurHead is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrRabbitFurHead is one of the sharper tools in the shed

DrRabbitFurHead's Tacoma Gallery
Make sure you are using the new bolts All Pro provided (the biggest 2 in the pack) and don't reuse the factory ones for bolting up the BOTTOM of the bumper. You know, the ones that go into the area where you removed the 2 OEM rectangular pieces. I tried using the factory ones and had a big gap, switched to the AP provided ones and had too small of a gap so I added washers and it sits just right. If you search, I posted pics when I was doing my install, just too lazy to find the link myself.

I've got about a 1 finger gap on mine and it looks fine.
Old 02-14-2010, 12:08 PM   #15
Army:
It did end up turning out pretty good.

This is how it started. The front was damaged and I am waiting on parts to fix the drivers side head light.

I also put on some new tread, 285 70 17s, on FJ rims that came with the Tacoma.

Thanks for the help and speedy replies!
Old 02-14-2010, 12:26 PM   #17
( . )( . )
Law Enforcement:
Glad it turned out good. How much of a gap is there? Looks damn near flush
Old 02-14-2010, 01:13 PM   #18
Ban Pending

Looks great!
Old 02-14-2010, 03:07 PM   #19
Army:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajohnson View Post
That looks great. What tires are those?

Thanks! I went with the Toyo Open Country A/T. I wanted to try out an All Terrain, and I have had really good luck with these. I will give a report on them in a few miles and let you all know how they hold up and perform in the Pac West.

Nice Bronco
Thanks, thats my other project. I have it pretty much done, except the body and paint work.
Old 02-14-2010, 03:10 PM   #20
Army:
Quote:
Glad it turned out good. How much of a gap is there? Looks damn near flush
Thanks! Yeah I am pleased with the fit on the drivers side, but I cant get the pass to pull in as close. As far as up and down, I think the gap is pretty darn good. I think the only ones who will notice is me, and whoever I tell about it. Now Im just waiting for the rear bumper to come in.