Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Toyota to fix non-TSB problems... Let's help them put together a list

Old 02-13-2010, 05:24 AM   #1
Yeah, there's a TSB for that!
DrRabbitFurHead is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrRabbitFurHead is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrRabbitFurHead is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrRabbitFurHead is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrRabbitFurHead is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrRabbitFurHead is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrRabbitFurHead is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrRabbitFurHead is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrRabbitFurHead is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrRabbitFurHead is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrRabbitFurHead is one of the sharper tools in the shed

DrRabbitFurHead's Tacoma Gallery
Toyota to fix non-TSB problems... Let's help them put together a list

First off, you've got to read this article. http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/35365175/ns/business-autos/

It basically says that Toyota is going to start fixing an unannounced list of problems on vehicles that don't warrant a recall/TSB in an attempt to fix their image. SMART MOVE if they actually do it. So, to help them out, let's compile a list of real problems that there is no TSB for.

I've had the "ticking" heater fan replaced under warranty and now that I'm out of warranty, the new fan is ticking. Not a big deal, but it is annoying at times.

What other things should Toyota consider adding to the list?
Old 02-13-2010, 05:27 AM   #2
ajviper7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedajviper7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedajviper7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedajviper7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedajviper7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedajviper7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedajviper7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedajviper7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedajviper7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedajviper7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedajviper7 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ajviper7's Tacoma Gallery
My "imaginary" dash rattle.
Old 02-13-2010, 05:30 AM   #3
Oh gravity, thou art a heartless bitch!
AvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brandon
AvsFanTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Maybe it's being up all night, but I can only think of the squeaky clutch pedal and the chirping heater fan as problems with mine and if I recall they are TSB items.
Old 02-13-2010, 05:50 AM   #4
Caduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: I be a doctor
Caduceus's Tacoma Gallery
The dash "buzz" that lots of us have (and fix on our own).
Their choice of tires! (ok, not really their product, but a minor gripe)

Can't think of much else at this moment.
Old 02-13-2010, 05:58 AM   #5
MMMMM Taco's
Taco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Taco-NB's Tacoma Gallery
A recall on the auto transmission reflash would have made things MUCH easier for many Tacoma owners.

However, I don't like the way the American government is handling this. They are doing EVERYTHING possible to try and make Toyota look bad in a lame attempt to increase the perception of Ford, GM, and Chrysler. They already bailed them out by pouring tons of your hard earned tax dollars into these three companies. Now they are going to potentially decrease the resale value of your vehicle. Enough is enough.

I'm getting kinda tired of hearing all this American government BS. If they were really concerned about your safety, they would have policy in place for ALL automakers to insure that all issues are delt with using recalls. If they forced all of the automakers to do this, you could say goodbye to Ford, GM, and Chrysler!

If I was American, this would be a perfect time to insist on safety changes for all automakers and I would be contacting the powers that be to voice my opinion!

Cheers!
Old 02-13-2010, 06:06 AM   #6
The "Search" tab is your friend!!
steviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force:
Name: Steve
steviestyles's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco-NB View Post
A recall on the auto transmission reflash would have made things MUCH easier for many Tacoma owners.

However, I don't like the way the American government is handling this. They are doing EVERYTHING possible to try and make Toyota look bad in a lame attempt to increase the perception of Ford, GM, and Chrysler. They already bailed them out by pouring tons of your hard earned tax dollars into these three companies. Now they are going to potentially decrease the resale value of your vehicle. Enough is enough.

I'm getting kinda tired of hearing all this American government BS. If they were really concerned about your safety, they would have policy in place for ALL automakers to insure that all issues are delt with using recalls. If they forced all of the automakers to do this, you could say goodbye to Ford, GM, and Chrysler!

If I was American, this would be a perfect time to insist on safety changes for all automakers and I would be contacting the powers that be to voice my opinion!

Cheers!
Ford didn't take any taxpayer money last year and has turned a profit this quarter. FWIW, Toyota took large amounts of bailout money last year too from the Japanese government. Just setting the record straight; but in general, yes, there is a perception the Obama administration is playing up Toyota's recent problem to help boost the US auto industry.
Old 02-13-2010, 06:47 AM   #7
Fortech is one of the sharper tools in the shedFortech is one of the sharper tools in the shedFortech is one of the sharper tools in the shedFortech is one of the sharper tools in the shedFortech is one of the sharper tools in the shedFortech is one of the sharper tools in the shedFortech is one of the sharper tools in the shedFortech is one of the sharper tools in the shedFortech is one of the sharper tools in the shedFortech is one of the sharper tools in the shedFortech is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Fortech's Tacoma Gallery
Fix non TSB problems?

So because there is a problem that is so common that they issue a TSB, it doesn't warrant a fix straight from the factory?

I find it amusing how people state: "That isn't a problem - there's a TSB for that!".

Obviously it is a problem, one so numerous in fact that a Technical Service Bulletin is issued for it. Who wants to purchase a truck only to find out a month later (if you do your own research mind you because the dealer won't inform you) that there are a bunch of annoyances/problems that you now need addressed?

If they had any courtesy towards their customers I think they should START with the TSB's and implement them into production - then move onto other not so common problems. 50% of the dealers you read about on these forums are reluctant to perform any warranty work period, even trying to get a documented TSB problem addressed at dealers is a very big problem for most. Don't think Toyota doesn't know this either - they aren't that naive. The only way to regain their reputation is quality assembly and design in the first place. You shouldn't have to rely on a dealership that may or may not give 100% to correct a problem that should have been addressed in the beginning.
Old 02-13-2010, 06:52 AM   #8
JeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shed

JeffRock's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by steviestyles View Post
Ford didn't take any taxpayer money last year and has turned a profit this quarter. FWIW, Toyota took large amounts of bailout money last year too from the Japanese government. Just setting the record straight; but in general, yes, there is a perception the Obama administration is playing up Toyota's recent problem to help boost the US auto industry.
US Auto industry? Isn't that in Mexico?
If they took money from the Jap government, then it's no concern of mine.
Look at it as payback for rebuilding them after Nagasaki, And Hiroshima.

but yeah, only issue I have is the clutch pedal.
Old 02-13-2010, 07:04 AM   #9
jassco has a spectacular aura aboutjassco has a spectacular aura aboutjassco has a spectacular aura about

jassco's Tacoma Gallery
Below TSB level...like cracks that can develop in the front driveshaft of certain 2010 4x4 tacomas. About 8000 trucks.

http://money.cnn.com/2010/02/13/news...call/index.htm
Old 02-13-2010, 11:52 AM   #10
Mr Thundermaker is about to start barking fire!
RCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

RCBS's Tacoma Gallery
Faulty Engine mounts. Loose sunvisors. Ticking heater fan. These are the only issues I have with my truck.
Old 02-13-2010, 11:58 AM   #11
ShiftGear has a brilliant futureShiftGear has a brilliant futureShiftGear has a brilliant futureShiftGear has a brilliant futureShiftGear has a brilliant futureShiftGear has a brilliant futureShiftGear has a brilliant futureShiftGear has a brilliant futureShiftGear has a brilliant futureShiftGear has a brilliant futureShiftGear has a brilliant future

ShiftGear's Tacoma Gallery
I love my Tacoma but here is whats wrong with it:

2010 DBL CAB TRD SPORT - 6,437 kms

1) Squeeky leaf springs/suspension when getting in/out of truck
2) Surge when stopped
3) Annoying ticking fan

I have to check to see if I need that new TSB that just came out today dealing with the axle shaft...
Old 02-24-2010, 04:54 AM   #13
dog tired is a name known to alldog tired is a name known to alldog tired is a name known to alldog tired is a name known to alldog tired is a name known to alldog tired is a name known to all

Army: Infantry
dog tired's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Cheers!
Safety changes are not the answer ... do you have any idea how many NICE autos we can not get in the states because of safety devices that are not on them .

The big three tried and succeeded in having this safety issue so they could rule the roost here in the USA .

IMO the big three can go belly up ... they earned it
Old 02-24-2010, 05:01 AM   #14
Look away, I'm hideous!
joneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Johnny-5
joneill03's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dog tired View Post
IMO the big three can go belly up ... they earned it
But that's the problem... they won't. They are too big to fail. Just like AIG. Uncle Sam will continue bailing them out.
Old 02-24-2010, 05:43 AM   #16
Fortech is one of the sharper tools in the shedFortech is one of the sharper tools in the shedFortech is one of the sharper tools in the shedFortech is one of the sharper tools in the shedFortech is one of the sharper tools in the shedFortech is one of the sharper tools in the shedFortech is one of the sharper tools in the shedFortech is one of the sharper tools in the shedFortech is one of the sharper tools in the shedFortech is one of the sharper tools in the shedFortech is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Fortech's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

I'm getting kinda tired of hearing all this American government BS. If they were really concerned about your safety, they would have policy in place for ALL automakers to insure that all issues are dealt with using recalls. If they forced all of the automakers to do this, you could say goodbye to Ford, GM, and Chrysler!

Cheers!
Apparently ANY transportation company has five days from the time they find a significant safety related defect until they are required by law to contact the NHTSA. Failure to do so is heavily punishable by law. This is why Toyota documents are getting subpoenaed and reviewed, as Toyota was aware of the problem long before the recall - even denying it for a period of time.
Old 02-24-2010, 05:44 AM   #17
dalsmthme is one of the sharper tools in the sheddalsmthme is one of the sharper tools in the sheddalsmthme is one of the sharper tools in the sheddalsmthme is one of the sharper tools in the sheddalsmthme is one of the sharper tools in the sheddalsmthme is one of the sharper tools in the sheddalsmthme is one of the sharper tools in the sheddalsmthme is one of the sharper tools in the sheddalsmthme is one of the sharper tools in the sheddalsmthme is one of the sharper tools in the sheddalsmthme is one of the sharper tools in the shed
dalsmthme's Tacoma Gallery
1.) Driveline vibes/axel wrap under load
2.) Steering column rattle over rough surfaces.
Old 02-24-2010, 05:47 AM   #18

Fortech's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by joneill03 View Post
But that's the problem... they won't. They are too big to fail. Just like AIG. Uncle Sam will continue bailing them out.
They have to keep bailing them out..

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrRabbitFurHead View Post
They're not too big to fail if "we the people" choose to vote in like minded "servants of the people" into office... America wanted 'change'... Government Motors is what we got...
The US economy would all but collapse with the loss of such magnitude in employment - even if 2 of the big 3 shut their doors. I understand the economy isn't so hot at the moment, throw another couple of hundred thousand people out of work and see how much better it gets...
Old 02-24-2010, 06:09 AM   #19
FL Forester is one of the sharper tools in the shedFL Forester is one of the sharper tools in the shedFL Forester is one of the sharper tools in the shedFL Forester is one of the sharper tools in the shedFL Forester is one of the sharper tools in the shedFL Forester is one of the sharper tools in the shedFL Forester is one of the sharper tools in the shedFL Forester is one of the sharper tools in the shedFL Forester is one of the sharper tools in the shedFL Forester is one of the sharper tools in the shedFL Forester is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
FL Forester's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ttylerr View Post
squeaky clutch pedal
Old 02-24-2010, 06:22 AM   #20
danteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud of
danteisme's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by FL Forester View Post
same here, especially since mine was already replaced once out of warranty. wasnt cheap

and id like to see them take a look at my frame again