Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Francis Marion

Old 02-13-2010, 03:19 PM   #1
Peted is on a distinguished road

Peted's Tacoma Gallery
Francis Marion

Hi y'all,

I got my 2010 Double Cab 6 Manual TRD Off Road about three weeks ago and just wanted to introduce myself.

I live in Charleston, SC about 10 miles from the Francis Marion (Swamp Fox) National Forest. The truck is my commuter vehicle and will see quite a bit of dirt roads in the forest. Dirt roads range from very good to awful and impassable with my truck.

All I've done so far is a K&N drop-in filter.
The site has already been very helpful in figuring out how to get the most out of the rear leaf spring TSB. I talked to my dealer today and they quoted me $300 out the door for installing Bilstein 5100's in the front and no charge for swapping the rears if I get it all done while they are doing the TSB and if I bring my own shocks. That ain't too shabby for a dealer installed suspension upgrade.

Cheers,
Peter

Here's a couple of pictures from last weekend:

Attached Thumbnails
Francis Marion-hellholeswamprd01.jpg   Francis Marion-bigpotholekingswamp02.jpg  
Old 02-13-2010, 03:29 PM   #3
Buy the Ticket take the Ride.....
Mr_Torque is a jewel in the roughMr_Torque is a jewel in the roughMr_Torque is a jewel in the roughMr_Torque is a jewel in the rough

Mr_Torque's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to TW. Great pictures...that looks like a fun area to romp in!
Old 02-13-2010, 03:37 PM   #4
AzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Govenor's Twenty, Mobilization Trainer, Squad Designated Marksman, Flight Operations
Name: Andy
AzogSS's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome from Columbia, SC! hell of a deal with those 5100's!
Old 02-13-2010, 03:49 PM   #5
Piss off
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: former TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
welcome....i'm up in summerton now and will be in moncks corner/goose creek when the house gets finished. are there any good places to wheel in that natl forest?
Old 02-13-2010, 04:37 PM   #7
Peted is on a distinguished road

Peted's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhodge83 View Post
welcome....i'm up in summerton now and will be in moncks corner/goose creek when the house gets finished. are there any good places to wheel in that natl forest?
I actually have never looked for places to wheel in for wheelin's sake, so I don't know if there are any such places there.

For me, the off road capabilities of the truck have more to do with being able to go where I want to and how I want to without having to detour for miles and miles.

Depending on the season, some of the state roads are extremely muddy or flooded or with deep sand sections or deep ruts or washouts or everything all at once.
Being mostly on my own and occasionally during odd hours (hunting) just adds to the potential difficulties.

I would like to see what the truck can do though and if you know places nearby where one can do that kind of thing I'd be interested trying it out.

Peter
Old 02-13-2010, 06:51 PM   #8
Piss off
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: former TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
^^ closest legal places i know of are gulches ORV park in SC and uwharrie Natl forest in NC.
Old 02-15-2010, 06:54 PM   #9
BlackTide10 is on a distinguished road
BlackTide10's Tacoma Gallery
Hey Peted. I live in Mount Pleasant off Highway 41. Just got a 2010 myself. Which dealer quoted you the $300 for the shock install? Gene Reed? The rear leaf spring tsb will lift the back about an inch.....correct? What height were you going to set the front 5100's at? Will you need to get the truck aligned afterwards? Thanks for the info!
Old 02-15-2010, 06:56 PM   #10
Kylie's dad
WilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
WilsonTheDog's Tacoma Gallery
^Alignment is included with the TSB.

I've wondered about that national park myself. I will have to take a ride down there in spring.
Old 02-15-2010, 06:57 PM   #11
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
welcome....from York,SC.
Old 02-15-2010, 07:04 PM   #12
SCTACOMA
jarroddorraj is on a distinguished road
jarroddorraj's Tacoma Gallery
welcome from myrtle beach, have fun on this site there is a lot of info here
Old 02-15-2010, 07:08 PM   #13
BUZZ5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBUZZ5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBUZZ5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBUZZ5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBUZZ5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBUZZ5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBUZZ5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBUZZ5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBUZZ5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBUZZ5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBUZZ5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
BUZZ5's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome from North Augusta. South Carolinas west coast!
Old 02-15-2010, 07:12 PM   #14
Chris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Name: Chris
Chris(NJ)'s Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilsonTheDog View Post
^Alignment is included with the TSB.

I've wondered about that national park myself. I will have to take a ride down there in spring.
Meet in April?? I'll be there from around the 4th to the 25th. I'd be down to go searching one day
Old 02-15-2010, 07:18 PM   #15
tuckr2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtuckr2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtuckr2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtuckr2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtuckr2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtuckr2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtuckr2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtuckr2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtuckr2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtuckr2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtuckr2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
tuckr2's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome Aboard

Nice truck.
Hunted deer and turkey on Francis Marion Reservation when I was a kid. Beautiful place with some outstanding hunting. Don't know about the four wheeling it though. You will need to show us some more pics.
Good luck with the truck.
Old 02-15-2010, 07:30 PM   #17
L8Rmike has a brilliant futureL8Rmike has a brilliant futureL8Rmike has a brilliant futureL8Rmike has a brilliant futureL8Rmike has a brilliant futureL8Rmike has a brilliant futureL8Rmike has a brilliant futureL8Rmike has a brilliant futureL8Rmike has a brilliant futureL8Rmike has a brilliant futureL8Rmike has a brilliant future

Air Force: Retired
L8Rmike's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome!
Old 02-15-2010, 07:32 PM   #18
YellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

YellowDog01's Tacoma Gallery
Hey from Charleston too!
Do you live Downtown?
Old 02-15-2010, 07:36 PM   #19
Im kinda a big deal
JHAirForce05 is a glorious beacon of lightJHAirForce05 is a glorious beacon of lightJHAirForce05 is a glorious beacon of lightJHAirForce05 is a glorious beacon of lightJHAirForce05 is a glorious beacon of light

Air Force: 2T251*Air Transportation*437th APS
Name: Justin
JHAirForce05's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to TW from Summerville. Where in the Francis Marion do you go? I go shooting my guns at Boggy Head.