Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

On Ice

Old 02-15-2010, 02:52 PM   #1
MenaceAllen has much to be proud ofMenaceAllen has much to be proud ofMenaceAllen has much to be proud ofMenaceAllen has much to be proud ofMenaceAllen has much to be proud ofMenaceAllen has much to be proud ofMenaceAllen has much to be proud ofMenaceAllen has much to be proud ofMenaceAllen has much to be proud of

Name: Eric
MenaceAllen's Tacoma Gallery
On Ice

Has anyone ran into an issue where they are on ice and they are spinning their wheels and when you try to speed up the engine doesn't allow it? Im guessing its a feature of the traction control or one of the other systems, but man is it annoying when you are driving in everyday traffic. I just sit there and can't move my truck with traffic coming at me. Not really impressed with this feature

Another instance was backing down my slanted driveway and then going forward, the truck will not rev to get me off the ice. Do I honestly need to switch buttons on or off or throw it in 4 wheel drive to go 10 feet in my driveway.
Old 02-15-2010, 02:55 PM   #2
IgnoringChrisWatchingEdLi veVicariouslyThroughMJP2
TacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
TacoNut's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MenaceAllen View Post
Has anyone ran into an issue where they are on ice and they are spinning their wheels and when you try to speed up the engine doesn't allow it? Im guessing its a feature of the traction control or one of the other systems, but man is it annoying when you are driving in everyday traffic. I just sit there and can't move my truck with traffic coming at me. Not really impressed with this feature
Sounds like traction control.... Theoretically it thinks that any throttle will add to the problem of no traction.
Old 02-15-2010, 03:03 PM   #3
BH15001 will become famous soon enough
BH15001's Tacoma Gallery
X2
It sucks.
Old 02-15-2010, 03:38 PM   #4
dog tired is a name known to alldog tired is a name known to alldog tired is a name known to alldog tired is a name known to alldog tired is a name known to alldog tired is a name known to all

Army: Infantry
dog tired's Tacoma Gallery
Traction control
turn it off page 183 of your owners manual
Old 02-15-2010, 04:08 PM   #5
JKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

JKD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Do I honestly need to switch buttons on or off or throw it in 4 wheel drive to go 10 feet in my driveway.
I don't know how you drive, but I have to move my hand all of about six or eight inches to tap the Auto-LSD button. It takes about 1/8 of a second.
Old 02-15-2010, 05:30 PM   #6
MenaceAllen has much to be proud ofMenaceAllen has much to be proud ofMenaceAllen has much to be proud ofMenaceAllen has much to be proud ofMenaceAllen has much to be proud ofMenaceAllen has much to be proud ofMenaceAllen has much to be proud ofMenaceAllen has much to be proud ofMenaceAllen has much to be proud of

Name: Eric
MenaceAllen's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JKD View Post
I don't know how you drive, but I have to move my hand all of about six or eight inches to tap the Auto-LSD button. It takes about 1/8 of a second.
I was just being dramatic and wanted to complain about it. Next I will need to flip a button to take my cup out of the cupholder because the Anti Spill Control sensor is engaged.
Old 02-15-2010, 08:35 PM   #7
JKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

JKD's Tacoma Gallery
Wink

Quote:
I was just being dramatic and wanted to complain about it. Next I will need to flip a button to take my cup out of the cupholder because the Anti Spill Control sensor is engaged.
Oh for Pete's sake. The Anti Spill Control Sensor Deactivation switch is on the same stalk as the cruise control buttons. You just push it forward and down, then rotate it back and pull it out, then honk the horn three times. Bam, your drink is ejected into your lap.
Old 02-15-2010, 08:41 PM   #8
topgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zack
topgun155's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Either use spill control or wear it. SHESH.