Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

The Taco courtesy Wave

Old 02-16-2010, 06:40 PM   #21
aficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shed
aficianado's Tacoma Gallery
not gonna happen in my hood. i would be waving like a rose queen on a parade float. there are thousands. i could even narrow it down to silver, with camper shells like mine and i would still be waving like a tard.
Old 02-16-2010, 06:41 PM   #22
Junior Mint
BeardedWeirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeardedWeirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeardedWeirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeardedWeirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeardedWeirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeardedWeirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeardedWeirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeardedWeirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeardedWeirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeardedWeirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeardedWeirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

BeardedWeirdo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01GREENTACO View Post
I grew up in rural Alabama and everyone knew everyone else. So waves were just second nature. As I began to drive I just inherited doing it. Now that I live in rural Tennessee, it is natural to wave at just about anyone with a pick-up but when I see a fellow Tacomian I ALWAYS wave and have 90% of the time gotten one in return.

Funny thing is I was just talking to my Dad this past weekend about how I wave at Tacoma drivers and how they almost always wave back. (we passed one and he asked if I knew him, this lead to our discussion...)
It's a Southern thing. I grew up watching my dad wave to other trucks as we passed them on the highway. When I began driving, I inherited it. I still wave at other trucks when I pass them. You just don't see it up North.
Old 02-16-2010, 06:41 PM   #23
I love your mom!
Slimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Sergeant First Class
Name: Linwood
Slimwood Shady's Tacoma Gallery
When I had my EVO, we all did the wave! I guess there are just so many Taco's out there that who knows who is in to moding.
Old 02-16-2010, 06:46 PM   #24
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: beat cop...putting bad people in jail
Name: Jeff
tigerfan00's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by linwoodm View Post
When I had my EVO, we all did the wave! I guess there are just so many Taco's out there that who knows who is in to moding.
this

there is a LARGE group of people who buy the tacoma because its a truck...there isnt the widespread following/lifestyle associated with the tacoma like there is with motorcycles and jeepers
Old 02-16-2010, 06:58 PM   #25
If at first you don't succeed, don't try skydiving
colinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Colin
colinb17's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SNThorsen View Post
im in the DC area also, if i see your truck (in the pic) ill be sure to wave.
good deal, i'll keep an eye out for ya. did you recently move to dc, or are you just taking the risky route with no front plate
Old 02-16-2010, 07:09 PM   #26
SNThorsen is on a distinguished road
Coast Guard: Boatswainsmate
Name: Shelby
SNThorsen's Tacoma Gallery
moved here about 6 months ago, i am at the coast guard station at Bolling Air force base.
just have a white stock sport double cab right now, but mods are on the way. just watch for the FL tags
Old 02-16-2010, 07:17 PM   #27
81shark is one of the sharper tools in the shed81shark is one of the sharper tools in the shed81shark is one of the sharper tools in the shed81shark is one of the sharper tools in the shed81shark is one of the sharper tools in the shed81shark is one of the sharper tools in the shed81shark is one of the sharper tools in the shed81shark is one of the sharper tools in the shed81shark is one of the sharper tools in the shed81shark is one of the sharper tools in the shed81shark is one of the sharper tools in the shed
81shark's Tacoma Gallery
i'll pass thanks.

i've done the wave thing on motorcycles and corvettes, don't need it in a truck
Old 02-16-2010, 07:17 PM   #28
Carolina Alliance Southwest Region Ambassador
jandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jandrews's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by crittergitter View Post
I do this all the time. NOTHING. Maybe my truck isn't worthy, although I do get a lot of looks. Kinda like when your fly is down!!!!!!!!!!! I'll keep wavin' eventually someone will wave back!!

Same. I kind of get annoyed that people buy Tacos without appreciating the significance.
Old 02-16-2010, 07:19 PM   #29
Junior Mint
BeardedWeirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeardedWeirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeardedWeirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeardedWeirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeardedWeirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeardedWeirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeardedWeirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeardedWeirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeardedWeirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeardedWeirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeardedWeirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

BeardedWeirdo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jandrews View Post
Same. I kind of get annoyed that people buy Tacos without appreciating the significance.
I just watched your signature GIF about 5 times. LMFAO! What is that from?
Old 02-16-2010, 07:24 PM   #31
MachoTaco10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMachoTaco10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMachoTaco10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMachoTaco10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMachoTaco10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMachoTaco10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMachoTaco10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMachoTaco10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMachoTaco10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMachoTaco10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMachoTaco10 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Security Forces
Name: Nick
MachoTaco10's Tacoma Gallery
im gonna start doing it to every taco i see, get this started!
Old 02-16-2010, 07:25 PM   #32
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: beat cop...putting bad people in jail
Name: Jeff
tigerfan00's Tacoma Gallery
people from forums have been trying for years...it doesnt work

theres too many tacoma owners that ARENT enthusiasts out there
Old 02-16-2010, 07:27 PM   #33
bigyetti has much to be proud ofbigyetti has much to be proud ofbigyetti has much to be proud ofbigyetti has much to be proud ofbigyetti has much to be proud ofbigyetti has much to be proud ofbigyetti has much to be proud ofbigyetti has much to be proud ofbigyetti has much to be proud of
Name: mike
bigyetti's Tacoma Gallery
I try to wave all the time. sometimes i get a wave back or the why are you waving look. I guess one day they will realize that it is the tacoma respect wave.
Old 02-16-2010, 08:15 PM   #34
If at first you don't succeed, don't try skydiving
colinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Colin
colinb17's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
moved here about 6 months ago, i am at the coast guard station at Bolling Air force base.
just have a white stock sport double cab right now, but mods are on the way. just watch for the FL tags

cool, i'll look for the fl tags. when you wer in fl, were you by any chance at patric AFB? i go to school in melbourne...just in dc for this semester
Old 02-16-2010, 08:18 PM   #35
Slamry
1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kevin
1337Taco's Tacoma Gallery
I do it when I'm in my grandpas vette. I know most modded Taco owners around here so I usually wave to them anyway.
Old 02-16-2010, 08:22 PM   #36
smuggiesrider has much to be proud ofsmuggiesrider has much to be proud ofsmuggiesrider has much to be proud ofsmuggiesrider has much to be proud ofsmuggiesrider has much to be proud ofsmuggiesrider has much to be proud ofsmuggiesrider has much to be proud ofsmuggiesrider has much to be proud ofsmuggiesrider has much to be proud ofsmuggiesrider has much to be proud of
Name: CR
smuggiesrider's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeardedWeirdo View Post
It's a Southern thing. I grew up watching my dad wave to other trucks as we passed them on the highway. When I began driving, I inherited it. I still wave at other trucks when I pass them. You just don't see it up North.
I would saw ur right but up here in northern VT everyone waves to everyone for the most part (farming and such community). Especially with trucks!

I say we start the taco chop. A one handed straight chop wave to show how gay we all are. haha no offense to ass bandits i meant gay in the "happy" way.
Old 02-16-2010, 09:14 PM   #37
Kylie's dad
WilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
WilsonTheDog's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
motorcycles wave at motorcycles, jeeps wave at jeeps, why don't tacos wave at tacos? We all look at each others tacos as they drive by, so throw up a wave as one passes by.
Why? Because most of us don't have rainbow stickers on our trucks.
Old 02-16-2010, 09:28 PM   #38
derekAV is a splendid one to beholdderekAV is a splendid one to beholdderekAV is a splendid one to beholdderekAV is a splendid one to beholdderekAV is a splendid one to beholdderekAV is a splendid one to beholdderekAV is a splendid one to beholdderekAV is a splendid one to behold

Name: derek
derekAV's Tacoma Gallery
theres a hell of alot more of tacomas on the road than jeeps....i see old ladies drivin tacos lol
Old 02-16-2010, 09:30 PM   #39
desertalii is on a distinguished road
desertalii's Tacoma Gallery
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadmb2003 View Post
I wave at most, but for some reason, and no offense to females, but most Tacoma's around here are driven by females. I never get waved back at.
Women driving trucks are kind of cool. Definitely will start waving to other TACOs to see what happens. Especially the women.
Old 02-16-2010, 09:32 PM   #40
Lifted 'n Locked 4WD Prerunner
01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
01tacoprerunner's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to 01tacoprerunner
I wave to anyone driving a Taco. Rarely get one to wave back.