Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

The Taco courtesy Wave

Old 02-20-2011, 08:25 AM   #101
gregp is on a distinguished road
gregp's Tacoma Gallery
As an avid motorcyclist, I will tell you that the motorcycle wave is officially dead. There are just so many bikes on the road these days it gets annoying very quickly. I do not want to come off as aloof or rude, but it has just become a huge PITA, nevermind the "feelings" behind HD guys not waving to the Sport bike guys, and nobody waving to the Dual Sport guys, etc..
I guess that I kind of feel the same way about the Taco wave - there just seems to be far too many out there to even bother, and if they are not on this Forum (who wouldn't be??) they most assuredly will not know what you are waving at.
Around here, the hard core Off Road guys all seem to know each other anyway - I am not one of those guys...
Old 03-01-2011, 08:05 PM   #102
Banned
Kingfrog is one of the sharper tools in the shedKingfrog is one of the sharper tools in the shedKingfrog is one of the sharper tools in the shedKingfrog is one of the sharper tools in the shedKingfrog is one of the sharper tools in the shedKingfrog is one of the sharper tools in the shedKingfrog is one of the sharper tools in the shedKingfrog is one of the sharper tools in the shedKingfrog is one of the sharper tools in the shedKingfrog is one of the sharper tools in the shedKingfrog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Submarines-Sonar Tech
Kingfrog's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregp View Post
As an avid motorcyclist, I will tell you that the motorcycle wave is officially dead. There are just so many bikes on the road these days it gets annoying very quickly. I do not want to come off as aloof or rude, but it has just become a huge PITA, nevermind the "feelings" behind HD guys not waving to the Sport bike guys, and nobody waving to the Dual Sport guys, etc..
I guess that I kind of feel the same way about the Taco wave - there just seems to be far too many out there to even bother, and if they are not on this Forum (who wouldn't be??) they most assuredly will not know what you are waving at.
Around here, the hard core Off Road guys all seem to know each other anyway - I am not one of those guys...
Agree. I never really got the whole waving thing..... besides MB is so full of bikes, I only wave back..... waving in a truck to another truck? I don't think so..
Old 03-01-2011, 08:20 PM   #103
Roll Tide!
travis9287 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravis9287 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravis9287 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravis9287 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravis9287 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravis9287 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravis9287 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravis9287 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravis9287 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravis9287 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravis9287 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Travis
travis9287's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to travis9287
I Usually wave, sometimes i get a wave, sometimes people will just look at me like, But i always put my self in position to show off my TW sticker ill speed up and pass one and get in front and slow down haha.
Old 03-01-2011, 10:23 PM   #104
Me l've got brains.
island808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jedediah
island808's Tacoma Gallery
do jeeps wave at jeeps anymore? I think maybe the high rental rate out here killed that a few years ago.

I'm not waving at any tacomas out here. There's something like 4.5 million of them and the population is only cresting 1 million. Be like waving at f150s in texas.
Old 03-01-2011, 10:33 PM   #105
Watching Chris4x4 o.O
borderbrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedborderbrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedborderbrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedborderbrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedborderbrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedborderbrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedborderbrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedborderbrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedborderbrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedborderbrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedborderbrat is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Royal Canadian Navy: Leading seaman, Electrical Technician, CFFS(E), Pacific Fleet
Name: Jeremy
borderbrat's Tacoma Gallery
There are a few of us around victoria that have modded tacos and we wave at each other.
Old 03-12-2011, 03:22 PM   #106
the Nightman cometh!
jjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
jjew18's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingfrog View Post
Agree. I never really got the whole waving thing..... besides MB is so full of bikes, I only wave back..... waving in a truck to another truck? I don't think so..
It doesn't have to be a full on , I just do a two finger raise peace sign kind of thing from the hand that is holding the wheel.

Maybe we should come up with a gang sign that we can flash at each other?
Old 03-12-2011, 03:24 PM   #107
StandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shedStandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shedStandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shedStandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shedStandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shedStandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shedStandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shedStandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shedStandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shedStandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shedStandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Prior service. KC135 Crew Chief
StandingCow's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjew18 View Post
It doesn't have to be a full on , I just do a two finger raise peace sign kind of thing from the hand that is holding the wheel.

Maybe we should come up with a gang sign that we can flash at each other?
How bout a ?

lol
Old 03-12-2011, 03:35 PM   #108
the Nightman cometh!
jjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jjew18's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by StandingCow View Post
How bout a ?

lol
Old 03-12-2011, 03:50 PM   #109
GSD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGSD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGSD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGSD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGSD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGSD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGSD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGSD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGSD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGSD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGSD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

GSD's Tacoma Gallery
I just gave a wave at the grocery store. It was a red access that was modded out. Around here that is rare most are stock. The guy waved back, might of thought I was a goof but who gives a shit. I liked his truck. Gave me some good ideas and got me excited about spending some cash.
Old 03-12-2011, 03:52 PM   #110
jpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: NDT/QA
Name: Jimmy
jpmorrisvb's Tacoma Gallery
That's it! After 108 posts of thoughts, suggestions, and comments I for one am going to begin to do a right hand wave off the steering wheel. Soooo .... if you'll in the Va Beach area watch out.
Old 03-12-2011, 04:01 PM   #111
the Nightman cometh!

jjew18's Tacoma Gallery
What if we flash the TW:

Yeah, I can admit, that is pretty damn ghey!
Old 03-12-2011, 04:09 PM   #112
jpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: NDT/QA
Name: Jimmy
jpmorrisvb's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjew18 View Post
What if we flash the TW:

Yeah, I can admit, that is pretty damn ghey!
It looks as though it would violate a number of DMV laws ......