1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Blue Smoke when parked on steep incline

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Tacoma2006, Feb 16, 2010.

1. Feb 16, 2010 at 6:35 PM
    Tacoma2006

Tacoma2006 [OP] New Member

Member:
    Columbus, Ga
    Vehicle:
    2006 PreRunner SR5 Longbed
    I have 2006 Taco PreRunner Doublecab w approximately 73 k.
    On three separate occasions after parking on a steep incline with the front of the truck higher than the rear and letting the truck sit without running for
    at least 48hrs I have seen blue smoke right after start up. Has anyone else had this happen? Is this something to worry about? I personally change the oil every 5k with 5.5quarts of Quaker State 5w-30. This has only happened three times and always when parked on the same incline. The engine otherwise runs perfect with no oil use. Thanks in advance for any help! Tacoma World is great, after reading various post I was able to get the rear spring TSB performed at no charge and a brand new rear tailgate free of charge from Toyota when the truck had 35k on it.

2. Feb 16, 2010 at 6:46 PM
    BakoTruck

BakoTruck Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matthew
    Bakersfield, CA
    Vehicle:
    05 PreRunner TRD
    From your exhaust pipe I assume? Or what, and how blue is the smoke? I wonder if the engine is burning off a small amount of oil, but never heard of blue smoke before. Also....does it only do it after parking on a steep incline, or has it done it when parked on a flat surface? Maybe someone has an answer for this, I'm not 100% sure.

And welcome to TW!

3. Feb 16, 2010 at 7:35 PM
    BlueT

BlueT Well-Known Member

Member:
    NorthEast
    Vehicle:
    07 Dbl Cab LB with LSD
    I moded 1999 Taco so much it had turned to Land Cruiser
    Check your oil level but otherwise it is normal if incline is really steep, cylinders fill up with oil which burns off. However its a bad thing for catalytic converter . Dotn be surprise to see check engine light soon if you keep doing it. however your solution to that problem would be non stop trek (like 500 miles one way and 500 miles back ) running 93 octane fuel preferable shell to burn off crap out of catalytic converters.
    ;)

Products Discussed in

To Top