1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Glove box rattle

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by STLTaco09, Feb 17, 2010.

1. Feb 17, 2010 at 9:10 AM
    STLTaco09

STLTaco09 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    5100's all around, fronts at 1.75". TSB leaf pack + Toytec TSB AAL
    Been battling the infamous glove box rattle for the better part of a year. Didn't rattle when its warm out though, so only during the colder months is it an issue.

I stumbled across a thread saying something about the air bag unit above the glove box causing the rattle - this was the first time I'd heard that. I tightened up about 4, maybe 6 bolts, all 10mm. All already seemed tight, but they all definitely had more room to tighten. None were by any means "loose".

Then also bent down the bracket under the hood that holds/supports the wiring harness going through the firewall. Bending it down seemed to put a bit more tension on the wires, I've read this can be the source of the rattle too. Although I've tried this before, I bent it down a bit more this time. Between these two things, it seems like my rattles are gone.

Just wanted to share.

Products Discussed in

To Top