1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Toyota recall notice

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Black Taco, Feb 17, 2010.

1. Feb 17, 2010 at 7:35 PM
    SoCaliSnowboarder77

SoCaliSnowboarder77 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Joe
    Valencia, Ca
    Vehicle:
    09 GSXR 600 & Snowboarders Hauler
    4x4 OFF-ROAD... that is all I need...
    Yah. He's probably on freak mode with auto plants shutting down or about to shut down.

2. Feb 17, 2010 at 7:38 PM
    WilsonTheDog

WilsonTheDog Kylie's dad

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Myrtle Beach SC
    Vehicle:
    07 Prerunner SR5 DC/SB V6
    Magnaflow 12576 muffler & chrome tip, Westin step bars, 27% tint, Pop N Lock, AFE ProdryS, bed mat, Husky liners, D-rings added, Access Literider tonneau, Pioneer 4-ways all around, GY Wrangler Duratracs 265/75/16, 5100's @ 1.75", 1.5" AAL
    Just another reason to add to the huge list of reasons why I hate Nissan. Most notably, the POS '05 Altima I had before the Tacoma.

It makes sense for Nissan to do this, though. Why else would anyone by their garbage.

3. Feb 17, 2010 at 7:48 PM
    OffroadToy

OffroadToy old, forgetful, and decomposing

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2007 Offroad DCSB AT- VSC,TRAC,HAC, & DAC
    Icon Stage 8, ECGS Bushing, Timbren bump stops, Crown braided/extended brake lines, Overland Custom Design sway bar links, rear differential breather extension, oil filter drain hose, a/c drain hose extension & reroute, front windows tint, Cat Security, XPEL headlight/fog & grill protection, OEM block heater, RCBS illuminated 4X4 switch,
    If our Toyota's are as bad as these other car companies are making them out to be, why would they want them? Kinda makes you wonder doesn't it? Just another way for them to make money and get rid of their piece of shit products. People would have to be crazy to fall for this crap!

4. Feb 17, 2010 at 7:51 PM
    WilsonTheDog

WilsonTheDog Kylie's dad

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Myrtle Beach SC
    Vehicle:
    Magnaflow 12576 muffler & chrome tip, Westin step bars, 27% tint, Pop N Lock, AFE ProdryS, bed mat, Husky liners, D-rings added, Access Literider tonneau, Pioneer 4-ways all around, GY Wrangler Duratracs 265/75/16, 5100's @ 1.75", 1.5" AAL
    And yet lot's of people have fallen for crap in the last couple years. About 67 million people fell for a whole load of crap about 15 months ago...

5. Feb 17, 2010 at 7:52 PM
    topgun155

topgun155 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Zack
    Richmond, TX
    Vehicle:
    2018 F-150 5.0
    RIP to my 08 Prerunner DC
    Not to threadjack, but I am now seeing the lawyer commercials that say if you have had an accident in a toyota and think the brakes, steering, or gas messed up call me. :(

6. Feb 17, 2010 at 7:59 PM
    Black Taco

Black Taco [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob
    WPB, FL
    Vehicle:
    TOYOTA
    No mods whatsoever!
    Yeah, I haven't seen any of the liar (lawyer) commercials yet. How about "Who can I sue.com"

7. Feb 17, 2010 at 8:01 PM
    flatlander

flatlander Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    09 DC-LB 2WD Prerunner V6 Auto
    Why not?

8. Feb 17, 2010 at 8:03 PM
    Przemekmsu

Przemekmsu Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Przemek
    South Jersey
    Vehicle:
    2006 Toyota Tacoma, SR5 V6, 4x4 TRD Off Road
    K&N Air Filter, WickedFlow Exhaust muffler
    F U Nissan!!!! F U Ford!!!! F U Chevy!!!! F U gm!!!! F U dodge!!!! When I see a person who has fallen down I usually give them a helping hand to get them back up on their feet no matter who they are. These company's are seeing Toyota down and all they are trying to do is kick toyota in the stomach while they are down. What goes around comes around and when toyota fixes all the problems and they are back at the top of their game again they will be sorry.

9. Feb 17, 2010 at 8:10 PM
    WilsonTheDog

WilsonTheDog Kylie's dad

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Myrtle Beach SC
    Vehicle:
    Same here. I was home sick yesterday and instead of "Have you taken X drug and are suffering from Y? Please call me.", now it's "Do you own a Toyota and have suffered injuries related to unintended acceleration?".

I wonder if we can collect all the Toyota's that accelerate unintentionally and put all the lawyers in them?

10. Feb 17, 2010 at 8:12 PM
    WilsonTheDog

WilsonTheDog Kylie's dad

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Myrtle Beach SC
    Vehicle:
  11. Feb 18, 2010 at 5:27 AM
    Fortech

Fortech Well-Known Member

Member:
    CANADA
    Vehicle:
    2005 Toyota Tacoma TRD OR
    Bilstein 5100's, rear TSB, Firestone bags
    Was your name and address printed on the envelope or just the household address. I would assume the "promotion" is just a generic, mass mailed envelope. If not and your name is on the envelope as well, somehow someone got a hold of a list of Toyota owners and their addresses, which is usually info that is purchased - god knows from where.

It must be a regional/local dealership thing as I have heard 0% similar advertising here in Canada. To be honest I don't even think allot of people are making a big deal of it all up here - but I could be wrong as I don't live in one of the larger centers.

12. Feb 18, 2010 at 5:43 AM
    Mark C.

Mark C. If you want it bad, you usually get it bad!

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark
    Connecticut
    Vehicle:
    2010 MGM SR5 4WD AC
    LED Dome, Reed Switched LEDs in Glove Box and Center Console, Bumper Fogs, Tailgate anti-theft, LEDs over Cig lighter, Back-up camera anytime, Outside Temp add-on, Hidden GPS power, Sockmonkey 3rd Brakelight decal, 4X4 switch illumination, reed switch controlled engine compartment Flood LEDs, Elite Hitch Cover, Plasti-dipped cupholders and door switch control panels, Elite Hitch Cover.
    Had the same campaigns here in CT....by Nissan, Honda, GM, Ford, Hyundai. I haven't seen Subaru bashing Toyota....yet. But growing up with GM and Ford products that were always needing work, I don't want any of that....and if we look at the number of recalls by maker, we're still sittin pretty good. I had a Nissan...back in 79.. POS fell apart!

I'd rather have a sister in a whorehouse than have a third cousin drive a Nissan!!

13. Feb 18, 2010 at 6:03 AM
    T@co_Pr3runn3r

T@co_Pr3runn3r XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Member:
    <----------------->
    Vehicle:
    08 RC Prerunner SR5
    What recalls???????????:confused:
    I saw some Pontiac/Saturn/Chevy shit about power steering issues.

14. Feb 18, 2010 at 6:18 AM
    wiscdave

wiscdave Lets Do It!

Member:
    Northern Wisconsin
    Vehicle:
    Tundra Rock Warrior
    Past ride - 3" OME 885s&Shocks/ TSB 1.5AAL/ AX184 Rims 285 Firestone destination ATs/ 2 Shallow mount P310s in Supercrew Box - Punch 601s, Beefed up Hunter Brush guard, Tint, Fog light mod, AFE Drop in, AC and Fog light mods, scangauge
    Bwwwwwwwwaaaaaaahaaaaaaaaaa

You just made my day!!

Total BS low fricken blowes by these shady stealerships. Really shows their true colors, hopefully most people realize this and it actually hurts their business. We should all give them a call and waste hours of their time for nothing :D Put them on a wild goose chase to find that exact truck you want, color trim etc that doesn't exist...

15. Feb 18, 2010 at 7:30 AM
    Tio Pepe

Tio Pepe Well-Known Member

Member:
    eastexas
    Vehicle:
    2009 4x4-Dbl Cab, Long Bed, SR5, SUPERCHARGED
    TRD installed Supercharger, Air Intake, & Exhaust. 3" lift with OME 885's & OME AAL. JBA shorty headers
    This is what happens when the Government gets into the car business. All of the sudden the competition has "quality control issues". Imagine if the Federal Government became the biggest owner of Burger King, and within months the FDA finds McDonalds is serving tainted meat. Here the Government takes over GM, and then the Transportation Dept says Toyotas are unsafe. Mussolini said, "Fascism is the merger of State and Corporate power."

16. Feb 18, 2010 at 7:50 AM
    BlueT

BlueT Well-Known Member

Member:
    NorthEast
    Vehicle:
    07 Dbl Cab LB with LSD
    I moded 1999 Taco so much it had turned to Land Cruiser
    Mine had Year, model and my name on it. So its not random. I am guessing they payed up somebody in DMV to give them info. However, notice came on my Tacoma only so they targeting particular group.
    I also got second letter from Nissan saying that they would like to really really buy back our minivan. (wifes mobile :D)
    I have no complains about our minivan it had served last 5 years flawlessly with exception of snow days when would get stuck in 1 inch :( snow and thats with Nissan's equivalent of Atrac and blizzaks

17. Feb 18, 2010 at 7:28 PM
    WRXDC5

WRXDC5 Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bango
    Minnesota
    Vehicle:
    still looking
    remember this!
    [​IMG]

oh wait its still going on. haha

18. Feb 18, 2010 at 7:33 PM
    TBAGRR

TBAGRR Well-Known Member

Member:
    Md
    Vehicle:
    07 4x4 sport
    Trd intake Doug Thorley long tubes URD short shifter Eibach front springs Tsb rear leafs

No there not!!!!!! I work for Honda and they told us not to bring it up to customers or anything...... Every manufacture has had big recalls! I would rather keep my gas pedal sticking truck than trade it for any Nissan, Gm, or ford

19. Feb 18, 2010 at 7:45 PM
    WRXDC5

WRXDC5 Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bango
    Minnesota
    Vehicle:
    still looking

Yeah I heard that some of the civic sedans and all the Fits have a recall?!?!?! :eek: I saw it on yahoo the other week.

If there was no Toyota, I would go with Honda. No Honda, I go SUBARU! If no subaru, I go with my bike. No bike, I go city bus and walk. haha

20. Feb 18, 2010 at 7:53 PM
    ShadowFalken

ShadowFalken Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jim
    Maryland
    Vehicle:
    10 Off Road
    Raptor stainless bars, Wet Okole covers, RollBak bed cover, PopNLock, Redline hood struts, XM radio factory kit
    That vehicle and the Blue Oval need to come off that poster. Ford did NOT take money like the GM or Chrysler. They were in good enough shape without it. Funny thing is their quality rating is up too. They at least are a domestic on the right track.

Please keep facts straight.

Products Discussed in

To Top