Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

OME lift, Duratrac 285/70/17 & KMC xd addicts 17". ???

Old 02-17-2010, 11:11 PM   #1
milehighmatt is on a distinguished road
Name: Matt
milehighmatt's Tacoma Gallery
OME lift, Duratrac 285/70/17 & KMC xd addicts 17". ???

I am thinking of getting a OME 3" Lift, Goodyear 285/70/17's and KMC XD Addicts. I spoke with the Guys a SLEE Offroad today and they said they wouldn't recommend putting 9" wide rims because I would have lots of rubbing problems. They recommend using 8" or smaller rims only. This puts a real damper on my plans since Addicts aren't made in a 8" wide rim.

I'm wondering how much of a problem this set up will be? It looks like many people here have similar set ups. To run this set how much cutting or trimming will I need to do? Are the guys at Slee over reacting? Your help is appreciated greatly!

http://www.sleeoffroad.com/products/...suspension.htm[IMG]file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/MATTSV%7E1/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot-1.png[/IMG][IMG]file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/MATTSV%7E1/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot.png[/IMG]
Old 02-18-2010, 12:52 AM   #2
Official TW Igloo Builder
cantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hugh Jass
cantac09's Tacoma Gallery
i have a 9 inch rim with 285/70/17 and they're fine you just gotta trim
Old 02-18-2010, 12:55 AM   #3
Custom Tacoma bumpers & more for your offroad toy
RelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
RelentlessTaco's Tacoma Gallery
shouldnt be too bad, though theres a slight chance you may need to chop and re-box the front body mounts if for some reason you get more than other guys. Usually its just removing the front mud flaps and a little trimming of the fender liners.
Old 02-18-2010, 06:12 PM   #4
Thanks for the feedback. I think I'll go for it and just deal with the cutting or trimming.
Old 07-25-2010, 09:53 AM   #5
DaveSmith has a spectacular aura aboutDaveSmith has a spectacular aura aboutDaveSmith has a spectacular aura about
Army: Navy / Army
Name: Dave
DaveSmith's Tacoma Gallery
Matt, How did you make out with the 17 x 9's. Did you cut and box the cab mounts? Any pics of where you were rubbing?
Old 07-27-2010, 05:35 PM   #6
The cut some off the plastic fenders. It rubs when I back up and turn the wheel to back out. It's not bad, a little bothersome. I want to chop a little more one my fenders to see if this helps, just haven't gotten around to it. I really love the wheels and tires and get compliments all the time. I haven't had much issue from not having mud flaps on.
Old 07-27-2010, 06:48 PM   #7
those who seek fear shall be followed by fear
TacomaMtnMan has much to be proud ofTacomaMtnMan has much to be proud ofTacomaMtnMan has much to be proud ofTacomaMtnMan has much to be proud ofTacomaMtnMan has much to be proud ofTacomaMtnMan has much to be proud ofTacomaMtnMan has much to be proud ofTacomaMtnMan has much to be proud of

Name: Chuck
TacomaMtnMan's Tacoma Gallery
just a heads up. I spoke to slee offroad last week, I felt like they are "conservative" when it comes to doing truck lifts. They dont do the 6 inch lifts at all, sounds like for liability issues. But I decided Four to Go off of 44th, Kipling. They let me know all the options, the pros/cons for each and even can provide custom leaf by Alcan so you dont have to use blocks at all, depending on how high you go.

I dont have my lift on yet, but I checked with them and John's 4x4 in Boulder... I really was impressed with Four to Go.
Old 07-27-2010, 06:54 PM   #8
Discount Tire Company
Archangel is one of the sharper tools in the shedArchangel is one of the sharper tools in the shedArchangel is one of the sharper tools in the shedArchangel is one of the sharper tools in the shedArchangel is one of the sharper tools in the shedArchangel is one of the sharper tools in the shedArchangel is one of the sharper tools in the shedArchangel is one of the sharper tools in the shedArchangel is one of the sharper tools in the shedArchangel is one of the sharper tools in the shedArchangel is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Archangel's Tacoma Gallery
I would go 9" width fine as long as you know 2 things... the first being that you're going to need as close to a zero offset as possible, and two that you're going to need to still do some trim work.
Old 07-28-2010, 05:37 AM   #9
4milestogo is a jewel in the rough4milestogo is a jewel in the rough4milestogo is a jewel in the rough

4milestogo's Tacoma Gallery
I'm running 285/70/17 on 9" addicts with a 3" lift with little trimming and no rubbing...go for it.
Old 07-28-2010, 08:47 AM   #10
jusmac is just really nicejusmac is just really nicejusmac is just really nicejusmac is just really nice
jusmac's Tacoma Gallery
i have the exact wheel/tire set up that your thinking about getting. You just have to make sure you get the lowest offset rim, i think it was a -18mm? i just had to do some minor trimming on my aftermarket fender flares but nothing else. might not even have to trim stock flares with that offset. hope this helps?
Old 08-02-2010, 09:20 AM   #11
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacomaMtnMan View Post
just a heads up. I spoke to slee offroad last week, I felt like they are "conservative" when it comes to doing truck lifts. They dont do the 6 inch lifts at all, sounds like for liability issues. But I decided Four to Go off of 44th, Kipling. They let me know all the options, the pros/cons for each and even can provide custom leaf by Alcan so you dont have to use blocks at all, depending on how high you go.

I dont have my lift on yet, but I checked with them and John's 4x4 in Boulder... I really was impressed with Four to Go.

Four To Go on 44th is where I got my Wheels. They had the best price and there service is very good. I liked the Slee lifts because they are made specific to the tacoma. I have several friends who run slee and Love there suspensions.
Old 08-02-2010, 10:11 AM   #12
wareagle5693 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwareagle5693 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwareagle5693 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwareagle5693 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwareagle5693 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwareagle5693 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwareagle5693 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwareagle5693 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwareagle5693 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwareagle5693 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwareagle5693 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jay
wareagle5693's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to wareagle5693
Quote:
Originally Posted by milehighmatt View Post
Four To Go on 44th is where I got my Wheels. They had the best price and there service is very good. I liked the Slee lifts because they are made specific to the tacoma. I have several friends who run slee and Love there suspensions.
And other lifts aren't...?