Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

these guys chat about why our plugs are different (NGK/DENSO) in each bank.

Old 02-18-2010, 12:22 PM   #1
aficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shed
aficianado's Tacoma Gallery
these guys chat about why our plugs are different (NGK/DENSO) in each bank.

i assume it is for a first gen motor..denso on passenger side, NGK on the driver's. same on our 2nd generations. the thread gets very techinical about polarity..any of this make sense? there has to be a reason.

http://www.yotatech.com/f2/ever-wond...h-bank-177019/
Old 01-24-2013, 01:35 AM   #2
Deceased
Lagunito is on a distinguished road

Lagunito's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by aficianado View Post
i assume it is for a first gen motor..denso on passenger side, NGK on the driver's. same on our 2nd generations. the thread gets very techinical about polarity..any of this make sense? there has to be a reason.

http://www.yotatech.com/f2/ever-wond...h-bank-177019/
This thread is almost three years old, and the linked thread is nearly four

For the sake of clearing up misinformation, and increasing my post count
(both of which I hold interest in)
I'll attempt to answer "aficianado's" question.

The reason Toyota uses are two different spark plug manufacturers
when one would be sufficent.

In Japan before WW2 there was corporate (militaristic) co-operation through a nationalized coroprate effort " zaibatsu "
After WW2 "zaibatsu " was replaced with "keiretsu"
as a economic (banking) co-operation.
The similiar sense of corporate co-operation, but different in structure
to asilimilate into the western democratic occupation after the war.

These laws (codes of conduct) are to insure there is equal oportunities available to suppliers of competing companies the laws are enforced by strict fines.
Old 01-24-2013, 07:42 AM   #3
Calmer than you are
jmg256 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmg256 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmg256 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmg256 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmg256 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmg256 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmg256 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmg256 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmg256 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmg256 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmg256 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Al Tonter
jmg256's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lagunito View Post
This thread is almost two years old, and the linked thread is nearly three
The first sentence in your rebuttal is wrong...this thread is almost three years old and the linked thread is nearly four...I wonder what else in your statement is incorrect
Old 01-24-2013, 07:49 AM   #4
My pee parts itch
dexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

dexterdog's Tacoma Gallery
Actually it is just smart business. The more suppliers for a part the better the price and the limitation or elimination of supply issues. Plain and simple.
Old 01-24-2013, 07:51 AM   #5
ASE Master Tech
BamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: M1A2 hull/turret technician, 4th Maint Btn. 4th FSSG.
Name: Bill
BamaToy1997's Tacoma Gallery
Part of his mistake is on waste spark. 1st gen and some 2nd gen Tacoma trucks with a V6 DO have a waste spark system. The way to tell is if on the passengers side you have a coil on each plug, and a plug wire that travels from that side to the driver's side for each cylinder, then you have a waste spark. Also the 4 cylinders have a waste spark on all of theirs in the 1st gen that do not have a distributor, and the 2nd gen 4 cylinders until they finally went to COP. So his post is incorrect there as well.
Old 01-24-2013, 08:04 AM   #6
cheese'd out of my mind
Tuckerhump is one of the sharper tools in the shedTuckerhump is one of the sharper tools in the shedTuckerhump is one of the sharper tools in the shedTuckerhump is one of the sharper tools in the shedTuckerhump is one of the sharper tools in the shedTuckerhump is one of the sharper tools in the shedTuckerhump is one of the sharper tools in the shedTuckerhump is one of the sharper tools in the shedTuckerhump is one of the sharper tools in the shedTuckerhump is one of the sharper tools in the shedTuckerhump is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Tuckerhump's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaToy1997 View Post
Part of his mistake is on waste spark. 1st gen and some 2nd gen Tacoma trucks with a V6 DO have a waste spark system. The way to tell is if on the passengers side you have a coil on each plug, and a plug wire that travels from that side to the driver's side for each cylinder, then you have a waste spark. Also the 4 cylinders have a waste spark on all of theirs in the 1st gen that do not have a distributor, and the 2nd gen 4 cylinders until they finally went to COP. So his post is incorrect there as well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmg256 View Post
The first sentence in your rebuttal is wrong...this thread is almost three years old and the linked thread is nearly four...I wonder what else in your statement is incorrect

Old 01-24-2013, 04:11 PM   #7
Deceased

Quote:

Quote:
I don't know what to say about all the attention you are giving me on a post that sat with zero comments for several years ,
I appreceate the corrections on the statements I made,
but the bulk of the question is in the linked thread,
which reffers to the 5VZFE engine .

I only have experience with a 1999 model year and
since this is in the 2gen forum my reply was in comparison to the 1GR FE,

...which is wrong I'll admit...
it was 1:30am when I made this post and it has been 5 years since I owned my 1999.
I don't blame you if you do not want to believe the other statements I made but If you need proof you can research them yourself.

I also edited the time correlation dissipation for the delorean owners.
(I hate when that happens.)

And just when I thought I had solved this problem.
Thanks for shitting on me I needed the reality check
Old 01-24-2013, 04:11 PM   #8
"... Intercepting The Localizer"
File IFR is one of the sharper tools in the shedFile IFR is one of the sharper tools in the shedFile IFR is one of the sharper tools in the shedFile IFR is one of the sharper tools in the shedFile IFR is one of the sharper tools in the shedFile IFR is one of the sharper tools in the shedFile IFR is one of the sharper tools in the shedFile IFR is one of the sharper tools in the shedFile IFR is one of the sharper tools in the shedFile IFR is one of the sharper tools in the shedFile IFR is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
File IFR's Tacoma Gallery
Bill, with every post you make, it's a lot like those old EF Hutton commercials.

... I'm 46. I remember those as a kid.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2MXqb1a3Apg
Old 01-24-2013, 04:19 PM   #9
Deceased

Quote:
Originally Posted by File IFR View Post
Bill, with every post you make, it's a lot like those old EF Hutton commercials.

... I'm 46. I remember those as a kid....
That a boy!!!
PatPatPat...
Old 01-24-2013, 05:19 PM   #10
Member Caught Off Road
AWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
AWorthyOpponent's Tacoma Gallery
Old 01-24-2013, 05:24 PM   #11
SOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Marines: Helicopter Pilot - RVN
SOSHeloPilot's Tacoma Gallery
. . . Sub'd
Old 01-25-2013, 12:18 AM   #12
Deceased

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWorthyOpponent View Post
The irony of this is picture is that is a portrait of me in 2010.
I would suggest you need to own the pain before you play with it.
Otherwise I see it as no laughing matter, and lets hope you have not touched any ones personal pets.
Just assume I'm beyond and more mature than any ones ugliness.
In another form of perversion it is very sad to think I have selected the wrong model of vehicle to own to be inundated with immature rhetoric and compulsion instead of intelligent and compassionate reasoning.
Old 01-29-2013, 09:23 AM   #13
ASE Master Tech
BamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: M1A2 hull/turret technician, 4th Maint Btn. 4th FSSG.
Name: Bill
BamaToy1997's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I don't know what to say about all the attention you are giving me on a post that sat with zero comments for several years ,
I appreceate the corrections on the statements I made,
but the bulk of the question is in the linked thread,
which reffers to the 5VZFE engine .

I only have experience with a 1999 model year and
since this is in the 2gen forum my reply was in comparison to the 1GR FE,

...which is wrong I'll admit...
it was 1:30am when I made this post and it has been 5 years since I owned my 1999.
I don't blame you if you do not want to believe the other statements I made but If you need proof you can research them yourself.

I also edited the time correlation dissipation for the delorean owners.
(I hate when that happens.)

And just when I thought I had solved this problem.
Thanks for shitting on me I needed the reality check
Granted, I should have looked at the OP posts and initial reply. I saw a recent reply by someone, and chose to add my comments. Hey, I missed seeing a date. Oh well.
Old 02-12-2013, 08:02 AM   #14
Deceased

Quote:
Granted, I should have looked at the OP posts and initial reply. I saw a recent reply by someone, and chose to add my comments. Hey, I missed seeing a date. Oh well.
Reading and comprehension a basic skill learned by taking ASE tests.
Old 02-12-2013, 08:20 AM   #15
Calmer than you are
jmg256 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmg256 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmg256 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmg256 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmg256 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmg256 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmg256 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmg256 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmg256 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmg256 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmg256 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Al Tonter
jmg256's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
So is spelling and sentence structure...
Old 02-12-2013, 07:15 PM   #16
Deceased

Quote:
So is spelling and sentence structure...
Actually you'd be surprised, it's not.
Old 02-12-2013, 08:35 PM   #17
Sometimes when I close my eyes, I can't see.
Toyota Tech31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tech31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tech31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tech31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tech31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tech31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tech31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tech31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tech31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tech31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tech31 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
Toyota Tech31's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I wasnt going to say anything to you, but for heavens sake, do you not comprehend that the abitily to read and comprehend the ASE test is not in fact learned while taking them, but is something that should have been learned in grade school. You are fighting a loosing battle, i dont know the whole story with you and all your posts, but maybe try slowing down and thinking before you post. This might help you in the future not sound like you are speaking out of your ass.
Old 02-12-2013, 08:48 PM   #18
Palehorse1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPalehorse1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPalehorse1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPalehorse1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPalehorse1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPalehorse1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPalehorse1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPalehorse1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPalehorse1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPalehorse1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPalehorse1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Palehorse1's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyota Tech31 View Post
I wasnt going to say anything to you, but for heavens sake, do you not comprehend that the abitily to read and comprehend the ASE test is not in fact learned while taking them, but is something that should have been learned in grade school. You are fighting a loosing battle, i dont know the whole story with you and all your posts, but maybe try slowing down and thinking before you post. This might help you in the future not sound like you are speaking out of your ass.
While I don't disagree with you, I'd suggest running that paragraph through the editor. And with that said, here is my subtle attempt to balance out the female anatomy imagery in this thread.

Old 02-12-2013, 08:49 PM   #19
International Jewel Thief
Drummer0247 is a splendid one to beholdDrummer0247 is a splendid one to beholdDrummer0247 is a splendid one to beholdDrummer0247 is a splendid one to beholdDrummer0247 is a splendid one to beholdDrummer0247 is a splendid one to beholdDrummer0247 is a splendid one to beholdDrummer0247 is a splendid one to behold

Air Force:
Name: Michael
Drummer0247's Tacoma Gallery
Old 02-12-2013, 08:51 PM   #20
Sometimes when I close my eyes, I can't see.
Toyota Tech31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tech31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tech31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tech31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tech31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tech31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tech31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tech31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tech31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tech31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tech31 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
Toyota Tech31's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Palehorse1 View Post
While I don't disagree with you, I'd suggest running that paragraph through the editor. And with that said, here is my subtle attempt to balance out the female anatomy imagery in this thread.

First, great pic.

Second, i never care about my grammar or my constant never ending sentences. Just trying to get my point across. Pisses me off someone like that running his mouth about those of us who have taken so many ASE's to get where we are. Some people are test takers, I for one am not.