Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

IPOD Connection

Old 02-18-2010, 01:53 PM   #1
Banned
DdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Crazy
DdayIsNear's Tacoma Gallery
IPOD Connection

For the time being, until i purchase a new unit, is it possible to connect an ipod without using an fm transmitter, to connect (hardwire connection) an ipod to the stock truck radio?
Old 02-18-2010, 01:55 PM   #2
Proud Tundra *****
oofy15354 is one of the sharper tools in the shedoofy15354 is one of the sharper tools in the shedoofy15354 is one of the sharper tools in the shedoofy15354 is one of the sharper tools in the shedoofy15354 is one of the sharper tools in the shedoofy15354 is one of the sharper tools in the shedoofy15354 is one of the sharper tools in the shedoofy15354 is one of the sharper tools in the shedoofy15354 is one of the sharper tools in the shedoofy15354 is one of the sharper tools in the shedoofy15354 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Dave
oofy15354's Tacoma Gallery
i know they make ipod hook ups in the neighborhood of $100. but at that point you can just get a radio with an ipod hookup

i dont know too much about them though
Old 02-18-2010, 01:56 PM   #3
Banned
DdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shed
i thought they were cheaper than that....thought like 40 - 50 tops
Old 02-18-2010, 02:03 PM   #5
Banned
hey man, exatcly like that,,,,is this reputable product?
Old 02-18-2010, 02:10 PM   #7
Banned
i have not, where can i inquire about this, or know anyone who does?
Old 02-18-2010, 02:22 PM   #11
©1975
aaronatl is a splendid one to beholdaaronatl is a splendid one to beholdaaronatl is a splendid one to beholdaaronatl is a splendid one to beholdaaronatl is a splendid one to beholdaaronatl is a splendid one to beholdaaronatl is a splendid one to behold

Name: Cap'n Crunch
aaronatl's Tacoma Gallery
here is one for $85

http://atlanta.craigslist.org/atl/ele/1602177580.html
Old 02-18-2010, 02:26 PM   #12
Are these black helicopters for me?
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
I had one for my truck, i think it was a metra but im not sure. it was like 50 bucks
Old 02-18-2010, 02:27 PM   #13
thallium is on a distinguished road
thallium's Tacoma Gallery
I have the USA spec 15toy hook up. The problem I have found with this unit is it does not keep up with updates that happen to the iPhone all the time. On one update my phone would charge then stop charging, the charge again. It was very annoying. On the next iPhone update it would not charge at all, but it would still play the iPod in the iPhone.

Now with this last update a couple weeks ago, the iPhone does not play at all. So what I ended up doing is using the RCA auxillary input on the USA spec and ran a line from RCA jacks to a 3.5 mm headphone Jack. Since it is straight audio from the iPhone headset to the RCA input Jack, it works fine now. It does not charge my phone anymore, but the phone goes down maybe 3% an hour so it's no big deal.

Just make sure there is an auxillary input so you can go another route if necessary.
Old 02-18-2010, 02:28 PM   #14
Capita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Capita's Tacoma Gallery
That product looks great! How hard is the install? I want one. I just hook up my IPOD through the AUX cable but cannot change the songs using the stereo.
Old 02-18-2010, 02:29 PM   #15
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

here it is. it works great. i had mine for about a year, you use the ipod for the controls

http://www.google.com/products/catal...478&sa=title#p

EDIT: FWIW its way easier and faster to use the ipod to select songs. I have mine hooked up to my pioneer now and it takes forever to scroll through all the artists.
Old 02-18-2010, 02:34 PM   #17
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keason1* View Post
here it is. it works great. i had mine for about a year, you use the ipod for the controls

http://www.google.com/products/catal...478&sa=title#p

EDIT: FWIW its way easier and faster to use the ipod to select songs. I have mine hooked up to my pioneer now and it takes forever to scroll through all the artists.
which one on the link is it, i see like 50 of them, how do i know i am ordering the right one. sorry for all the q? but i never seen this and am not 100% sure i am ordering right product
Old 02-18-2010, 02:40 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by DdayIsNear View Post
which one on the link is it, i see like 50 of them, how do i know i am ordering the right one. sorry for all the q? but i never seen this and am not 100% sure i am ordering right product
I went back and looked through them and it seems like they are all for hondas.......

as Per this thread
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/aud...adapter-3.html

It looks like everyone was getting them from circuit city...
So I done know if they stoped making them all together but i cant find them anywhere.